Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepalooza 2014 : August 1st - 3rd

Options
  • 23-04-2014 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

10245349_744067842291022_8590241676568545483_n.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Overhead, The Albatross playing this year, awesome band!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Vaxxine wrote: »
    Overhead, The Albatross

Great name .... obvious Floyd fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Vaxxine wrote: »
    Overhead, The Albatross playing this year, awesome band!!!!

Yup, I'm over the moon with excitement! Also delighted with Funeral Suits, Meltybrains? and Codes being added to the list! :D Now to pray none of them clash!

As a newbie to Castlepalooza - what's the suss with moat camping vs. on grounds camping? Is it that bad that it's so much cheaper? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Gruff Rhys is pretty tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Standard Castlepalooza warning:

You're not allowed bring your own drink into the campsite allegedly due to whatever license they agreed for the event. They sell cans onsite at what they call "reasonable" prices but they're hardly Aldi / Lidl . It's a fun little festival and this restriction really isn't that much of a pain in the ass unless you'd planned to do it on the cheap or get messed up.

http://www.castlepalooza.com/food-and-drink.html

FAQ:
    Yes, they check bags.
    No, no one can tell you for sure if you'll manage to sneak drink in
    Yes, you'll try anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Yup, I'm over the moon with excitement! Also delighted with Funeral Suits, Meltybrains? and Codes being added to the list! :D Now to pray none of them clash!

As a newbie to Castlepalooza - what's the suss with moat camping vs. on grounds camping? Is it that bad that it's so much cheaper? :confused:

I've actually no idea, as I've never been before..sorry dude! I don't even know yet if I can go myself :(

Hope you have a great time though if ya go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

i was there last year and it was honestly the best festival of the year for me, can't wait for this year

you can sneak drink in easily, they didn't even check my bag on the way in. and if you don't want to risk it you can leave it in your car and just go grab it during the day, it's like a ten minute walk so it's grand.

not sure why castle camping is more expensive, moat camping was a 2 minute walk to the main areas and i think it was much better because you don't have loads of people walking so close to your tents like i saw in the castle area. much of a muchness really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Thinking of going to this after enjoying B&S so much? Should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

didn't take up the metro's offer of weekend camping tickets for 49.50 due to not getting paid till the end of the month and now the cheapest tickets are €110 :( don't think il be paying that to go :(

Overhead, the Albatross announced they won't be playing Castlepalooza anymore :( Boo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 fergy1

I really enjoyed Body and Soul this year, how does this compare to it? Should I go to this because I really enjoyed B&S?

Hi guys, not sure if this is allowed (sorry mods) but anyone driving down to Palooza from Dublin and could spare a passenger space? Will pay in petrol money or spare ticket I won if you don't have one yet (all my usual gig buddies are going down to Indiependence instead :'( )

Hi guys, not sure if this is allowed (sorry mods) but anyone driving down to Palooza from Dublin and could spare a passenger space? Will pay in petrol money or spare ticket I won if you don't have one yet (all my usual gig buddies are going down to Indiependence instead :'( )

Hey theres a bus from the quays just past the ha'penny bridge at 13:10 and will drop you off right at the entrance of the castle !!Not sure about a return on monday Bus only costs something like 5-8€

Hey theres a bus from the quays just past the ha'penny bridge at 13:10 and will drop you off right at the entrance of the castle !!Not sure about a return on monday Bus only costs something like 5-8€

Really? I haven't seen anything advertised anywhere for it...thanks a million for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lee711

whats the story with castlevs moat camping?

2 of my mates are in castle but there's 4 of us in moat. what's the chances of us all being able able to snake into the moat, or for the other 2 to even come into moat? is security strict on that type of stuff?

last year two of my friends had castle camping and just walked right into moat camping with us and set up their tent, wouldn't worry about it security was super chill all round

Yeah u should be fine security isn too bad ! Quock question i got matesrates tickets this year from a friend whos friend is organising the event! Cheaper than normal its just a ticket with a stub but no barcode, should i be worried its counterfit? It has the cherrycool hologram on it anf all the terms and conditions on the back just a bit odd that it has no barcode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm excited about this, but slightly bummed by the fact that you can't bring your own beer.

last year they didn't even search my bag on the way in, and you can always leave it in your car when you walk in, and just go back and get it later when you want some, be a lot easier to bring it in after the initial queuing is over with

• Advertisement

I won't have a car and I was told by a friend that he got searched very thoroughly last time he was there and had everything taken off him. It's a fcuking sh*tty policy, honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I'm excited about this, but slightly bummed by the fact that you can't bring your own beer.

I'm getting a bit pissed off by this actually. It feels like the cat is out of the bag as far as BYOB festivals go, and that makes it very difficult to go back to the old way. I'm heading to the Picnic at the end of the month and the thoughts of drinking Heineken from a plastic 'glass' is turning me off it. Money, money, money.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

So what are everyone's thoughts on the festival? I don't like to use the word 'washout' but bar Sunday evening from 5PM onwards it really was a complete muddy,rainy mess. I still had the craic but it was hard not to let the incessant rain get you down a bit! The 'VIP area' restrictions were a pain in the hole for somewhere so small (They closed off the whole courtyard area on Friday night for exclusive access only) but I will probably come back next year and pray for better weather!

I had a great time despite the weather. I know a few people left early because of it. It was a bit if a downer on Friday, but I was happy out on Saturday. That said, the drink policy did irritate me and I'd think twice about ping again because of it. I'm skint now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

kevthecelt wrote: »
    So what are everyone's thoughts on the festival? I don't like to use the word 'washout' but bar Sunday evening from 5PM onwards it really was a complete muddy,rainy mess. I still had the craic but it was hard not to let the incessant rain get you down a bit! The 'VIP area' restrictions were a pain in the hole for somewhere so small (They closed off the whole courtyard area on Friday night for exclusive access only) but I will probably come back next year and pray for better weather!

They closed off the whole court yard? Wtf, that festival has gone to the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sounds like Indiependence won the battle of the bank holiday weekend this year so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Weather was awful for most of the weekend, literally did not stop raining from about 4pm Friday until Sunday morning. Saw a lot of people leaving on both Saturday and Sunday morning and can't blame them to be honest, was tough going. Still had a good weekend though, enjoyed the Sharkashack stage whenever I was down there but thought it was hard to find, the acts I saw on Friday were brilliant, Adultrock, Ships, JD the DJ (i think?) and Norman J, but there was a problem with the microphone for Ships which was a bit annoying, would have been brilliant if it was working properly.

Couldn't believe how small the festival was when I first arrived, definitely the smallest camping festival I've ever been to.

Thought the location of the shark a shack tent was ridiculous. Having people walk through the campsite to get there was silly. The ground was completely destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

€15 for the privilege of parking in a muddy field and having to walk a mile down a muddy road...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

I've been to it the last 6 years and although the weather was a disaster I still had an amazing time. Nice and chilled out festival and everyone you meet is up for having the craic. :)

Advertisement