Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oneplus one announced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

arleitiss wrote: »
    P.S - who uses on-screen buttons and who doesn't? (I don't use onscreen, I use the other alternative (whatever it's called)

Capacitive.... ya I use those... I dont see the point of onscreen buttons when those are there anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I find the capacitive buttons too dim and awkward to reach. Also I prefer the back button on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

So after 12 hours of using OPO:
    I am definetely glad I didn't wait for Nexus 6.
    I love how light it is and the camera is pretty amazing.
    The screen size also feels JUST about right, wouldn't want bigger or smaller 5.5 is just right. Love it so far.

Spent 2 hours crawling through settings and all the modifications you can do, its just amazing.

P.S - who uses on-screen buttons and who doesn't? (I don't use onscreen, I use the other alternative (whatever it's called)

There are some benefits to using both

With the onscreen you can add a menu button whereas with the capacitive buttons you have to Double tap or longpress to access the menu or the recent apps (depending how you configure the menu button)

With the onscreen buttons you can drag the home button to the left to lock at the screen drag up for Google or drag right for camera, this option is not available with the capacitive buttons but you still have the double tap the status bar to lock the screen. Double tap to wake up works in all cases. And you have the extra space obviously with the capacitive buttons.

Some benefits there, each to their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

thomasj wrote: »
    There are some benefits to using both

With the onscreen you can add a menu button whereas with the capacitive buttons you have to Double tap or longpress to access the menu or the recent apps (depending how you configure the menu button)

With the onscreen buttons you can drag the home button to the left to lock at the screen drag up for Google or drag right for camera, this option is not available with the capacitive buttons but you still have the double tap the status bar to lock the screen. Double tap to wake up works in all cases. And you have the extra space obviously with the capacitive buttons.

Some benefits there, each to their own

Yeah first I thought that menu button is ****ed or damaged because it doesn't work with single click, but then realized it's double tap so I reconfigured it:

Single tap = recent apps
    Press and hold = menu/options.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Just got mine this morning had a quick look ,WOW coming from a s3 this phone is lighting fast lol.Cant wait to get into after work feel likea kid again ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Just got mine this morning had a quick look ,WOW coming from a s3 this phone is lighting fast lol.Cant wait to get into after work feel likea kid again ha

Great! Any chance your invites turned up as well? ;)

Wait for new batch to be produced and invites to be handed out. Should be soon.

No mate the way i got an invite was looking tweetddeck on chrome on pc and the #oneplusinvite refreshing instantly ,being the first to comment back on people offering codes:D

Go there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/wishing-invite-soon-t2825090/page320#post55965230

And just ask for invite, I guarantee you will get it within less than an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I got mine yesterday. love it. put a screen proteector on it though and one of the corners isn't sticking properly. really annoying but i'm just gonna have to deal with it. Haven't had much of a chance to mess around with it, but the clear shot setting is pretty cool on the camera. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Beanstalk wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday. love it. put a screen proteector on it though and one of the corners isn't sticking properly. really annoying but i'm just gonna have to deal with it. Haven't had much of a chance to mess around with it, but the clear shot setting is pretty cool on the camera. :)
    Whenever thats happened to me with screen protectors Ive just lifted it up, snipped away the damaged area and smoothed it down again, obviously that will leave a corner unprotected but its better than having manky damaged plastic hanging off such a lovely device...

I dont bother with screen protectors anymore anyway. My Jiayu G3 spent 3 years in my pocket and there wasnt a scratch on the screen and the OPO has a newer version of Gorilla glass, I just use an armband for running/hiking/cycling and keep it in my pocket the rest of the time.

Go there: *URL Deleted*

Thanks, will give that a shot. Have been trying the G+ community with no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Go there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/wishing-invite-soon-t2825090/page320#post55965230

I've just tried this. Fingers crossed. Thanks :P

dave_t wrote: »
    I've just tried this. Fingers crossed. Thanks :P

Don't forget you have 24h to buy phone when you receive invite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I was shown one of these the other day and thought it looked great, I'm replacing me S3 soon so guess I'll have to get an invite from somewhere. If the charger shipped is a usb charger can it not just be plugged into a usb port and leave the euro plug aside?

• Advertisement

Marsden wrote: »
    I was shown one of these the other day and thought it looked great, I'm replacing me S3 soon so guess I'll have to get an invite from somewhere. If the charger shipped is a usb charger can it not just be plugged into a usb port and leave the euro plug aside?

You get:
    USB cable. (can use to charge using USB port or USB power plug)
    USB to EU charger.
    EU to UK adaptor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looks like I'm moving back to looking into getting the OPO, after seeing the rumored Nexus 6 prices, along with the actual size.

Tried out timelapse video mode.
    http://youtu.be/bCBmhV0NXoo
    I am quite impressed.

Didnt even know that existed!

Thargor wrote: »
    Didnt even know that existed!

Yeah in video settings you set interval. Then press capture video and it will automatically capture photo every specified interval and compile it into one vid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Yeah in video settings you set interval. Then press capture video and it will automatically capture photo every specified interval and compile it into one vid.

Sweet :) Didnt notice it until now either!

Still not got an invite on xda. Anyone else no where I could get one? Tried twitter as well. Cheers

Still not got an invite on xda. Anyone else no where I could get one? Tried twitter as well. Cheers

That's weird, when I posted there I got invite within 30 minutes. Maybe people are at work or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

so can anyone give me a decent review of it. battery life, weight etc.

ill be getting this instead of a nexus 6.

what colours does it come in?

Theres people giving them away in the invites thread on this board right now...

Be patient or go begging on the Facebook page, they're really not hard to come by these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Conor Fitzgerald1992

Be patient or go begging on the Facebook page, they're really not hard to come by these days.

Could you post the link to the invites thread?

Harder than you think today! XDA is apparently crawled by BOTs that snap up the codes lickety spit when people post them in the thread.

I know it kind of goes against the whole opo ethos but I picked one up for €5 on adverts. A lot cheaper than eBay where they're going for crazy money. I however gave an invite away on boards yesterday. I got that invite about 10 days after ordering the phone - anyone know if they're likely to send me any more or is it just one per phone?

digitaldr wrote: »
    I know it kind of goes against the whole opo ethos but I picked one up for €5 on adverts. A lot cheaper than eBay where they're going for crazy money. I however gave an invite away on boards yesterday. I got that invite about 10 days after ordering the phone - anyone know if they're likely to send me any more or is it just one per phone?

You get invites from time to time, not just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 heisenberg123

hey looking for an invite for the 64gb version if anyone has one handy

• Advertisement

hey looking for an invite for the 64gb version if anyone has one handy

As far as I am aware invite works for both, you get to choose how many GB you want on store page.

That's weird, when I posted there I got invite within 30 minutes. Maybe people are at work or something.

Still no luck anywhere. I think you got in just before the rush. Thanks anyway. I'll just keep trying.

Tried the invites thread too, might have a look at the facebook. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

As far as I am aware invite works for both, you get to choose how many GB you want on store page.
    Invites don't work for both.No choice but will say on it what type its for.

I dont think OPO are even selling the 16gb now.

Im speechless :eek:
    qaZfrP8.png

yabadabado wrote: »
    Invites don't work for both.No choice but will say on it what type its for.

I dont think OPO are even selling the 16gb now.

When I got invite, default for me was 16gb selected, when I selected 64gb it updated price and thats it.

Before I go looking for an invite, this will work on Three won't it, across all bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

FitzShane wrote: »
    Before I go looking for an invite, this will work on Three won't it, across all bands.

It'll work fine on three.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It'll work fine on three.

cheers!

• Advertisement

Want an invite? PM me!

I gave away an invite here a few days ago and need one myself and no sign of any more from opo. My son currently has a knackered iphone4 and wants an opo - help me convert him to Android before it's too late:D Also my sister-in-law is looking for one as a going away present for her boyfriend who has joined the army. If opo send me any more invites I'll give them away here. Thx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 shatmyself

Why do people need invites instead of buying it off Amazon? Is it not the same phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Could be the price difference, could be the fact that with amazon there is no promise it actually is not a copy, could be the fact that you are only dealing with oneplus instead of someone else. customs as well has a factor. its not the same

Very unlikely OnePlus would cover it under their warranty so you would be dependent on the Amazon seller if there was a problem. Also likely that you'd be getting a Chinese version that would be running color os - if you were lucky they might have flashed cyanogenmod properly before shipping. Invites aren't that hard to come by if you hang around the right threads.

Managed to get sorted for invites.

Pre-orders starting 27/10/14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 VladToBeHere

I have one, can confirm it's the best phone I've ever owned - even the factory default OS is a pleasure with little to no bloat compared to other installations of Android I've used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pre-orders starting 27/10/14

I've just eh, pre-ordered my pre-order :pac:

Would I be better off still trying to get an invite this week? Seems like there might be a bit of a wait on the pre-orders

Definitely use the invite if you get one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I lost track of the thread when I got a xiaomi mi3 which my son duly cracked the screen on.

Was the yellow tinge sorted in later phones or is it still an issue.?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

no yellow tints and can be fixed easily

• Advertisement
Advertisement