Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Seeding Lawn

• 23-04-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi Lads

Lawn is destroyed with moss and tatch , so I pulled it all up with a rake there at the weekend.
    I bought some moss killer / lawn feed , when is the best time to apply it ? 3 days after cutting the grass with no rain or something ?
    Will I need to pull up the dead moss after this ?
    When im putting new seed down to I need to spike the lawn etc ??

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Apocalypse wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Lawn is destroyed with moss and tatch , so I pulled it all up with a rake there at the weekend.
    I bought some moss killer / lawn feed , when is the best time to apply it ? 3 days after cutting the grass with no rain or something ?
    Will I need to pull up the dead moss after this ?
    When im putting new seed down to I need to spike the lawn etc ??

Many thanks

Spike all the ground your going to cover or ruff up the areas with a rake, for a better result spread all the seed and cover with a layer of compost and water every day for 2-3days. Moss and lawn feed can be done before or after. To be honest if pull the moss by hand and after the grass is growing for a week or two apply it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

in a similar position

how does the reseeding work out if you rake the ground and trample the seed in by foot

Advertisement