Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Rebate Setanta Insurance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Bogger77 wrote: »
    If you bought via a broker, isn't part of the contract with the broker, I know I got a receipt for payment from my broker not RSA. Would a claim via small claims court be in order, you've paid broker for 1 years policy, and you're not getting that one year.

Anyhows, my broker never recommended Setanta, luckily enough.

No, you wont be able to claw anything back from the broker as they were acting an an intermediary.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Badly stung here, Renewed my policy out with them Mid December. I've already spoken to Credit Card Co. Friend of mine works in that section. Bascially they have being told they cannot charge back these payments as the payments were made to the Brokers and not directly to Setanta so its not straightforward. The direction they( Credit Card Co) have being given is not to issue any charge backs as they cannot charge back the Broker. We have to basically wait for the liquidation process and the likelihood of getting any money back is slim to none. Sorry for the dim, depressing forcast.
    Anyone who has not yet got another policy i would strongly advise you to get another one sorted elsewhere as if you have a claim on the current Setanta policy you are technically not covered for fully comp or 3rd party as they cannot guarantee even these claims ......

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Guys just to let you all know that i got back my pro-rata amount back via a mastercard charge-back this morning, it was credited back on my credit card so i would advise anyone who paid a full years premium up front via credit card to contact their card card company straight away

That is encouraging to hear Noel. I submitted a dispute form to Bank of Ireland 18.4 but i have heard nothing at all yet :-(

speedygirl wrote: »
    That is encouraging to hear Noel. I submitted a dispute form to Bank of Ireland 18.4 but i have heard nothing at all yet :-(

Well, mastercard were back and forth to me a couple of times, they needed a copy of the receipt of payment from my broker and then needed a copy of the policy to initaite the refund...but i kept in contact with them to see how they were going, have to say mastercard were very helpful and efficent...

Have you been talking to BOI about your charge back and whats taking so long as mastercard told me it would take about 4 weeks and thats how long it took.

• Advertisement

Well trying to get through to BOI is the problem for starters, i have rang several times in the last few weeks , got through to various departments and keep getting back to Cus Service who keep me holding so long i end up having to hang up. I dont even know if they have processed the paperwork, I sent the dispute form. A copy of my bank stat where i paid the money and a copy of the policy from the Insurance Co so they should have everything they need, I have sent numerous emails also. It would be good just to know what is happening, I have being told by a colleague who works in disputes with another bank that they have 45 days to respond to the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

ok thanks Folks, i will keep trying, I have just submittted a complaint also to the FSO so it can only help.

Guys, just an update for you all...

Thought all this was done and dusted when I got my money back via Mastercard charge back. Checked my 24hr banking yesterday and to my amazement my broker (odonoghue hooper dolan, tipsp town) have charged my credit card the exact amount Mastercard recovered for me....

surly they and no right to do this as I have no business with them since my setanta policy was cancelled. This is an unauthorised transaction on their behalf and also I have a new Mastercard number and pin since I took out and paid for the policy so how can they charge it when they shouldn't have these details...

Needless to say I'm fuming over this and heads are gonna roll tomorrow morning....

Anyone have any advise on this!

• Advertisement

Yea I rang Mastercard and they said if I didn't get a satisfactory answer from them that they will do a charge back for me again but they couldn't answer me why or how they had access to my new card details....

Ah no way Noel. I got notification from Bank of Ireland Visa Debit last week that my chargeback was succesful but they did ring me and tell me that there was a chance that within the 30 days the broker could reclaim the money back again from my account but that it was highly unlikely Jes it took me long enough to get a charge back in the first place , the thoughts of trying to get the money back again isnt appealing. I will wait and see does it stay in my account .....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

is the charge stated as a dd or a pos charge?

could it be that the ins company saw the chargeback and just pulled their records and sent your card forward for charging?

can't see that being within their merchant contract.

or is the case that the company contacted the cc company and argued against the chargeback?

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    is the charge stated as a dd or a pos charge?

could it be that the ins company saw the chargeback and just pulled their records and sent your card forward for charging?

can't see that being within their merchant contract.

or is the case that the company contacted the cc company and argued against the chargeback?

Dont know what sort of transaction it is and mastercard couldnt tell me why either, didnt get to ring them today but will in the morning and will report back here....

Advertisement