Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Marathon 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

Good stuff- looks like the few secs I squandered to get me a 2:50 instead of 2:49 cost me a couple of reg days! Hope I get in now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Lads,

I'm strongly considering this.

Does anyone know if I can use my time from Limerick in May?

Calculator says I can register from Wednesday.

Tnx,

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Lads,

Tnx,

TbL

Yes, they definitely accepted limerick last year

Lads,

Tnx,

TbL

You do realize you'll have the full"quirky experience" if you get in (and I do to )

dukeraoul wrote: »
    You do realize you'll have the full"quirky experience" if you get in (and I do to )

That's just tipped it for me, entering Wednesday definitely :)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I entered on Monday using a result from the Dresden marathon last Oct, wasn't on their list so fingers crossed they accept it.

Anyone know how long a waiting game we have to play before finding out either way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Patiently waiting for Monday.

I'm in, subject to them accepting my Limerick time.

At 225 bucks the Dr Q experience better be pretty focking spectacularly quirky :)

TbL

opus wrote: »
    I entered on Monday using a result from the Dresden marathon last Oct, wasn't on their list so fingers crossed they accept it.

Anyone know how long a waiting game we have to play before finding out either way?

October Opus, I believe.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

registered today - fingers crossed an entry comes my way.

• Advertisement

opus wrote: »

You can check the list on their site from "mid- September" on so wait a few days and go back and check? That's what I'm doing anyways....

At 225 bucks the Dr Q experience better be pretty focking spectacularly quirky :)

TbL

Does a bear **** in the woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

How unlikely is it that this will still be open for registration on September 28th/29th?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

yaboya1 wrote: »
    How unlikely is it that this will still be open for registration on September 28th/29th?

Be thinking very very unlikely. But now that I said it you could get lucky! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

blockic wrote: »
    Be thinking very very unlikely. But now that I said it you could get lucky! ;)

That's what I was thinking too.
    Time will tell I suppose (in more ways than one).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

You can check the list on their site from "mid- September" on so wait a few days and go back and check? That's what I'm doing anyways....

Well that didn't take long, this was waiting in my email when I got home from work :D
    This is to notify you that your entry into the 119th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 20, 2015 has been accepted, provided that the information you submitted is accurate.

You can verify your acceptance into the field by searching the 119th Boston Marathon Entrants database on the B.A.A. web site. Additionally, a Confirmation of Acceptance card will be mailed to you via US Postal Service mail in October.

Best of luck in the hunt!

Great stuff Opus hopefully the rest of us will see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Entered today. Did it in 2013, had to pull out 2014 with injury, hopefully will make the start line in 2015. Without a doubt the best marathon on the planet.

Entry sent, eagerly await confirmation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

I entered on Wednesday and just received my acceptance email :D
    I'm an aul wan (a mere technicality, of course!) since August, so I got an extra five mins added on to my BQ, hence the Wednesday application :) I'd love to be involved in any Boston shenanigans, whatever they may be, that is if you Boston Boardsies don't object to an 'occasional poster' gate-crasher!

Just got my acceptance ! So excited here's hoping the rest of you guys get yours soon and we can start planning a ridiculous time in The Bean!!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Just got my acceptance ! So excited here's hoping the rest of you guys get yours soon and we can start planning a ridiculous time in The Bean!!

Yeah - got mine this evening too - glad they found Longford in exactly the same amount of time they found Cork last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

Tough decision not to run it next year (did it 2013) but I am still thinking of popping up to be a spectator again and hopefully, if it's ok, to meet up with ye lot afterwards for a few drinks.

Just registered and nice to see my qualifying marathon in the drop down list :)
    Now the long wait for the acceptance email begins.

In! :cool:

Just got a mail this evening.

I'm in too!

Bring it on Boston!!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

yaboya1 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking too.
    Time will tell I suppose (in more ways than one).

Entry closed. Congrats to all who got in.

The magic email just arrived. Accepted

1:02 or better under their Required Time was the cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭geodesic

menoscemo wrote: »
    Sportstravel Interntional have 20-25 guaranteed entries every year as the recognised Irish agent. I travelled over with the group this year and it is very reasonable (cheaper than anything I could find by myself). I would highly recommend them.

Just out of interest, what kind of ballpark cost are we talking about for the Sportstravel Interntional organized trip?

Advertisement