Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Marathon 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I think Boston is all about having a good downhill running technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Flights eventually booked, left it a bit late!!

Arrive Saturday morning in Boston, depart Tuesday evening.

8 weeks lads! Are we all crocks? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

blockic wrote: »
    8 weeks lads! Are we all crocks? :)

Is it not 9 weeks Blockic??

You're obviously crocked :)

TbL

Is it not 9 weeks Blockic??

You're obviously crocked :)

TbL

You indeed are correct! Bonus week! Sure I'll take this week off so and start my go-to 8 week plan next Monday ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Yeah it's getting dangerously close for sure! Not sure how I'm set yet, the run in Donadea at the w/end didn't go quite as I hoped but have the Ballycotton & Mallow 10's along with the Tralee marathon before the big day out in Boston to try and come up with a plan.

Hope the next few weeks go well for everyone...

Trying to get my head out of my ass tonight and physic myself up to get some decent training in...

This video done the trick. I remember reading about the undulation in past years on here and this whole "first 10 miles downhill" business so it was good to drive through the course in detail.

Couple observations were that there are a few bumps in the first half that are not to be ignored as they all add up but the other item I noticed was that after 21 when its "all" downhill be prepared for a couple of more leg deadenersmentally especially just before the last mile and then after the underpass with half a mile to go!

Worth the 20 odd minutes and it has me rattled a little now! Ha.

http://youtu.be/EjJw3fRS5xM

Fecking euro will only be good for arse wiping by the time I get to Boston :(

ger664 wrote: »
    Fecking euro will only be good for arse wiping by the time I get to Boston :(

On the positive side we won't need to worry about needing any extra bags for purchases! That marathon jacket isn't quite as appealing as it was a few months back with the ever increasing cost :)

Entry List just released.

Dr.Q in Wave 1/2
    Myself, opus and Paulie in 1/3
    Tbl in 1/7
    Ger in 2/4

Don't think I missed anyone...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Entry List just released.

Dr.Q in Wave 1/2
    Myself, opus and Paulie in 1/3
    Tbl in 1/7
    Ger in 2/4

Don't think I missed anyone...
    Oryx 3/2
    Dory Dory 2/4

Try as I might I couldn't predict my finishing time from those charts :) The most I could get out of them was that we should expect the 2nd half to be a bit slower and to take it handy for the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

opus wrote: »
    Try as I might I couldn't predict my finishing time from those charts :) The most I could get out of them was that we should expect the 2nd half to be a bit slower and to take it handy for the first part.

Yeah, but there's nice graphs :)
    I am one of those data points from 2013. M40 with a 3 min positive split.

Is this the list of people running in Boston next month?

Dr Quirky
    Oryx
    Dory Dory
    PaulieYifter
    blockic
    ger664
    ThebitterLemon
    me

Any recommendations on somewhere to meet up post-race for a beverage or two should you be interested not mandatory needless to say :)

I thought we where leaving all that in the hands of our host for the weekend Dr Quirky :)

I thought we where leaving all that in the hands of our host for the weekend Dr Quirky :)

For sure! I was just trying to be certain everyone was in the loop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

Longtime lurker here - just wanted to check in and wish everyone best of luck tomorrow week :)

As for me, well, I'm out :( Of course, it's for a happy reason - I'll be 35 weeks pregnant on Patriot's Day, but I'm still completely bummed about not going! If long-haul travel was still a possibility I would absolutely (probably irresponsibly) go and do it, but my better half is somewhat reluctant for us to spend a fortune flying to another continent so I can waddle along dishing out high-fives for 5+ hours :pac: Fair point.

Tomorrow week waaaaaah!! Ye lucky baxtards; have a blast!

PS Pretty late notice, but if anyone wants my post-race party or pasta party (4:30) ticket, drop me a pm and I'll mail it in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Aarnikotka wrote: »
    Longtime lurker here - just wanted to check in and wish everyone best of luck tomorrow week :)

As for me, well, I'm out :( Of course, it's for a happy reason - I'll be 35 weeks pregnant on Patriot's Day, but I'm still completely bummed about not going! If long-haul travel was still a possibility I would absolutely (probably irresponsibly) go and do it, but my better half is somewhat reluctant for us to spend a fortune flying to another continent so I can waddle along dishing out high-fives for 5+ hours :pac: Fair point.

Tomorrow week waaaaaah!! Ye lucky baxtards; have a blast!

PS Pretty late notice, but if anyone wants my post-race party or pasta party (4:30) ticket, drop me a pm and I'll mail it in the morning.

Your better half sounds completely unreasonable! Boston 2016 then I suppose? Best of luck with the future new arrival :)

Aarnikotka wrote: »

Much appreciated & hope all goes smoothly with your new arrival :)

Thanks to our inside man with the local knowledge, this is the hostelty of choice for a post run beverage or two - The Salty Pig. Fire me a PM with your mobile number if you want me to let you know times etc on the day.

Too soon to be checking the weather ;)

ztarfm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

opus wrote: »
    Is this the list of people running in Boston next month?

Dr Quirky
    Oryx
    Dory Dory
    PaulieYifter
    blockic
    ger664
    ThebitterLemon
    opus
    emerald007

Any recommendations on somewhere to meet up post-race for a beverage or two should you be interested not mandatory needless to say :)

Heard good reports about stoddards and it seems close enough to boston common for the post race limp to the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

Best of luck with the race on Monday everyone doing it. I may be up that direction so may catch up with some of ye.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im not running after all. Best of luck to those who are.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Weather forecast seems OK re temperature and no rain. The predicted light easterly wind will be in our faces for most of the run since the course runs west to east.

Best of luck with the race on Monday everyone doing it. I may be up that direction so may catch up with some of ye.

Great would be good to catch up DoD!

For those of us left that are lucky enough to be making the start line.

Name|Bib No:|PB|Target|Finish Time
    Ger664|11644|3.21:21|<3:15:00||

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

For those of us left that are lucky enough to be making the start line.

Name|PB|Target|Finish Time
    Ger664|3.21:21|<3:15:00||

Do you want to add in your race number for easy tracking in case I am bored in work on Monday?

Best of luck to all those running.....ENJOY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

Great would be good to catch up DoD!
    I'll be there to share in the celebratory drinks.:D Sent you a PM but bounced back. I've got your number so will send a text instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of luck to all heading over to Boston for Mondays marathon. I did it the last two years and its a fantastic weekend in the city....enjoy. I am jealous.

• Advertisement

Nothing exciting to see here!! Just let me see the finish line! :)

Name|Bib No:|PB|Target|Finish Time
    Ger664|11644|3.21:21|<3:15:00||
    blockic|2979|2.58:07|<3:30:00||

Advertisement