Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching a woman - Justified or not? - MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Yeah but you know as well as I do, as well as any adult does, that there's a difference between self-defence, and attacking someone.

What is the difference? To me it seems reacting instantly due to instinct is more like self defence than attack. Maybe he stopped his friend getting a kick to the head. Who knows what might have happened. Probably not anyone who was there and certainly not someone being all high and mighty in a forum.

Maybe the lady learned something about assaulting people and how it can end badly for herself. Probably she is full of pity for herself and how awful he was to her and what awful words he used to describe her. Not a thought for the girl who was assaulted first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

In my experience, drunk ****ers that sucker punch someone, don't tend to have a Queensbury Rules outlook on affairs and more often than not will put the boot in if the other person goes down. Potentially causing quite serious injury, even if the initial punch hasn't already done so.

There's a chance they won't of course, but they forfeit the right to the benefit of the doubt, that they are a scumbag but not quite as big a scumbag as most other scumbags, once they throw that first punch.

So yes I think your perfectly justified in cracking them in the mouth the instant that first punch lands, I have done before, and I would again. Gender really doesn't come into it.

But OP, some advice. Going around a club dancing at different girls repeatedly as they one by one shoot you down is not a good tactic pulling wise. Other girls in the club notice that happening, and being made feel like your interest in them is based solely and entirely just on them basically being the first random arbitrary girl that you suspect might give you a wiff, is pretty much libido cyanide for most girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The women will tell you that Women are equal, they should have 50% of jobs, they can do everything we do etc etc and so should be given the same deal.

But, they don't get shipped off to war or have to do hard labour, the reason...we aren't really equal in that sense. If women can do the same jobs, and get paid less...why aren't companies just hiring lots of women for the roles ?
    If women had things 100% equal then by all rights you should be able to hit them.

However, I don't agree with it and wouldn't hit a woman myself.
    I'd have probably called security or restrained the other lady, get her details and report her to the Gardai.

There are obviously circumstances when hitting a lady would be needed (all the people who say...Never hit a woman are wrong)...but the circumstances would need to be extreme. After decking your friend, you yourself were in no apparent danger and sucker punched her basically.
    I'm surprised you've not been charged either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The women will tell you that Women are equal, they should have 50% of jobs, they can do everything we do etc etc and so should be given the same deal.

But, they don't get shipped off to war or have to do hard labour, the reason...we aren't really equal in that sense. If women can do the same jobs, and get paid less...why aren't companies just hiring lots of women for the roles ?
    If women had things 100% equal then by all rights you should be able to hit them.

However, I don't agree with it and wouldn't hit a woman myself.
    I'd have probably called security or restrained the other lady, get her details and report her to the Gardai.

There are obviously circumstances when hitting a lady would be needed (all the people who say...Never hit a woman are wrong)...but the circumstances would need to be extreme. After decking your friend, you yourself were in no apparent danger and sucker punched her basically.
    I'm surprised you've not been charged either

And what would you have done if while attempting this 3 of her friends came over and started kicking the **** out of you? Op was wrong to "deck" her but i also feel he was justified in meeting violence with violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

Last time I hit a woman she deserved every bit of it .
    It was my go on the swing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

SeantheMan wrote: »

No women in the armed forces?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

bumper234 wrote: »
    And what would you have done if while attempting this 3 of her friends came over and started kicking the **** out of you? Op was wrong to "deck" her but i also feel he was justified in meeting violence with violence.

This is the thing. Also as someone who has attempted to restrain women who are kicking and screaming and trying to bite and scratch; it wasn't that bloody easy despite the fact I was a solid lad who was training in grappling. The general consensus on here seems to be to stand there and take a hiding in the name of the moral highground.

No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Ahh, I've had stiletto heels buried into my back, glasses shoved into my back, claws scrawbed down the back of my neck and head, all by women, who remained unhit. I was usually mowing the head off their fella, which probably provoked them, to be honest, but i still wouldn't hit a girl. I doubt I'm alone, lots of lads won't hit girls as a solid rule. Such is life.

So you make light of kicking the **** out of various blokes, but god forbid you'd defend yourself against some bint trying to cause GBH to you?

Say some woman, for whatever reason, has taken advantage of you being on the ground and she's stamping her stilletos into your head. You're risking brain damage or worse, but by your logic you'll just take it, because she's a woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

psinno wrote: »
    What is the difference? To me it seems reacting instantly due to instinct is more like self defence than attack. Maybe he stopped his friend getting a kick to the head. Who knows what might have happened. Probably not anyone who was there and certainly not someone being all high and mighty in a forum.

Maybe the lady learned something about assaulting people and how it can end badly for herself. Probably she is full of pity for herself and how awful he was to her and what awful words he used to describe her. Not a thought for the girl who was assaulted first.

That's an awful lot of 'maybes' and 'probablys' that didn't happen in there. By that kind of imaginary justification the OP was right to deck her before "the fat cnut" whipped out her cock and fcuked him in the arse hole.

Can never be too sure like, no idea where it could've gone if the OP hadn't attacked her first and decked her, because she didn't attack him first, so it wasn't self-defense, but to point out the facts is 'high and mighty' now when there's some internet locker room arse slapping to be done!

Truth be told I'd say half the lads in here still wouldn't hit a woman, but it's cool to say they would on the internet. Like most drunken women that'll slap another girl on a night out, I'd say she won't even remember being decked by the OP, and she'll chalk it down to another shìt night on the sauce, and get on with her life rather than start a thread about it looking to be told she was a great girl altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

FTA69 wrote: »
    This is the thing. Also as someone who has attempted to restrain women who are kicking and screaming and trying to bite and scratch; it wasn't that bloody easy despite the fact I was a solid lad who was training in grappling. The general consensus on here seems to be to stand there and take a hiding in the name of the moral highground.

No thanks.

Boards.ie general opinions on most things holds no weight on real life situations I find, especially anything involving violence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

FTA69 wrote: »

No thanks.

And then when the police arrive there are the sexual assault accusations:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Czarcasm wrote: »
    That's an awful lot of 'maybes' and 'probablys' that didn't happen in there. By that kind of imaginary justification the OP was right to deck her before "the fat cnut" whipped out her cock and fcuked him in the arse hole.

Can never be too sure like, no idea where it could've gone if the OP hadn't attacked her first and decked her, because she didn't attack him first, so it wasn't self-defense, but to point out the facts is 'high and mighty' now when there's some internet locker room arse slapping to be done!

Truth be told I'd say half the lads in here still wouldn't hit a woman, but it's cool to say they would on the internet. Like most drunken women that'll slap another girl on a night out, I'd say she won't even remember being decked by the OP, and she'll chalk it down to another shìt night on the sauce, and get on with her life rather than start a thread about it looking to be told she was a great girl altogether.

I'll buy that, but only partially. First up I certainly wouldn't be the type to say something on the Internet because it's "cool" (I say plenty stupid shyte in the hope that it'll annoy certain people, but that's Different(TM)! :D), and I would be of the view that if my lady-friend was attacked and punched out by some drunken barnyard animal then that's much the same as attacking me, and all bets are off - Rafferty's Rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Big Steve wrote: »
    Had they punched you in the face, floored you & left you with a bloody nose and then you socked her one back I'd say fair enough but in this instance no you were not justified. You sucker punched a person who sucker punched another person.

If one gives a sucker punch i believe one waives all rights to the next punch one receives being labeled a sucker punch.

Alcohol really is a disaster of a drug, turns normal people into violent nut cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

The op is at pains to point out that this person was a "fat bitch" why not just say a girl hit my female friend and I hit her back.

carraig2 wrote: »
    The op is at pains to point out that this person was a "fat bitch" why not just say a girl hit my female friend and I hit her back.

Well, she did punch his friend in the face, which would qualify her as being a bitch by most people. He was probably accurate on his visual assumption of her bodyfat % being possibly >30%. Therefore i think its probably a valid description of her being fat and a bitch.

Spunge wrote: »
    Well, she did punch his friend in the face, which would qualify her as being a bitch by most people. He was probably accurate on his visual assumption of her bodyfat % being possibly >30%. Therefore i think its probably a valid description of her being fat and a bitch.

You have no idea what her % body fat is and I feel he calls her this to get more support for him hitting her. Bitch hitting wouldn't be as popular on boards as fat bitch hitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You have no idea what her % body fat is and I feel he calls her this to get more support for him hitting her. Bitch hitting wouldn't be as popular on boards as fat bitch hitting.

Demonstration sport for the next Olympics?? :cool:

True. Maybe if she was a 10/10 skinny hot blonde the response may be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Spunge wrote: »
    True. Maybe if she was a 10/10 skinny hot blonde the response may be different.

It would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

if you read the posts throughout the thread he explains that it's to signify that she was big and that it equated to the stature of a man.

plus, if you're literally throwing your weight around, expect someone to comment on your weight.

• Advertisement

pundy wrote: »
    if you read the posts throughout the thread he explains that it's to signify that she was big and that it equated to the stature of a man.

plus, if you're literally throwing your weight around, expect someone to comment on your weight.

I read his posts. His first one starts by calling her a fat bitch. He also called her a cúnt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Robson Lobson

OP apart from punching women in a club one of the worst things you can do to repel women is wander around the place in an aimless fashion. If you want to pull talk to the first woman you see when you enter, you don't have to chat her up, just get into a friendly playful conversation and merge to converaations with other women. Your value in women's eyes soars in comparison to doing laps hoping you will magically pull.

I read his posts. His first one starts by calling her a fat bitch. He also called her a cúnt.

would you not agree that that's exactly what someone is who punches someone else in the face for no reason?

so that's the "b!tch" part covered, and the "fat" bit stands alone. she was probably fat - was he not just setting the scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Tbh the op's original description did his cause no favours. However it wouldn't be uncommon for someone who had been in the situation described to retrospectively apply a lot of negatives to the other person. Effectively it gives a kind if internal justification for something you may be inherently programmed, rightly or wrongly, to think was wrong on your part. Given the very black and white view many posters have expressed on hitting a woman I can see why the op might reduce the woman to some lesser status in how he has internalised the story- not too different to how the enemy is often caricatured in a conflict situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

I'd have loved if a 7 foot tall male friend of the large lady consequently decked the OP. Now THAT would have been justified.

sopretty wrote: »
    I'd have loved if a 7 foot tall male friend of the large lady consequently decked the OP. Now THAT would have been justified.

no it wouldnt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

no it wouldnt!

Ah but it would be justice of sorts lol.

would you not agree that that's exactly what someone is who punches someone else in the face for no reason?

so that's the "b!tch" part covered, and the "fat" bit stands alone. she was probably fat - was he not just setting the scene?

No he was being an arsehole.

tritium wrote: »
    Tbh the op's original description did his cause no favours. However it wouldn't be uncommon for someone who had been in the situation described to retrospectively apply a lot of negatives to the other person. Effectively it gives a kind if internal justification for something you may be inherently programmed, rightly or wrongly, to think was wrong on your part. Given the very black and white view many posters have expressed on hitting a woman I can see why the op might reduce the woman to some lesser status in how he has internalised the story- not too different to how the enemy is often caricatured in a conflict situation.

ok this I can understand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

No he was being an arsehole.

The wording of the post alone made me immediately against the poster. The post reads like a tirade from a drunken lunatic with an issue with women. I don't know the postER but what they wrote reads so so horrible they are immediately in the wrong.

Giving out about ignorance and horrible people in an ignorant and horrible way just makes you one of them.

EDIT: It has been modified since. Still in the wrong.

Advertisement