Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching a woman - Justified or not? - MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

The wording of the post alone made me immediately against the poster. The post reads like a tirade from a drunken lunatic with an issue with women. I don't know the postER but what they wrote reads so so horrible they are immediately in the wrong.

Giving out about ignorance and horrible people in an ignorant and horrible way just makes you one of them.

EDIT: It has been modified since. Still in the wrong.

He seems to think he's some sort of neanderthal Don Juan lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

carraig2 wrote: »
    No he was being an arsehole.

and the tank woman is blameless for heavily assaulting an innocent girl??

pundy wrote: »

The big girl assaulted the OP's friend.

The OP assaulted the big girl.

That simple. A well matched pair of tools. Should make for a good episode of Jeremy Kyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

pundy wrote: »

And where exactly did you get that from my post?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

sopretty wrote: »
    The big girl assaulted the OP's friend.

The OP assaulted the big girl.

That simple. A well matched pair of tools. Should make for a good episode of Jeremy Kyle.

oh dont get me wrong, i dont think the OP is some kind of hero at all.

i just think that in this case the girl, who happened to be of large size, punched an innocent woman in the face (potentially killing her) in a stupid rage because the op danced away from her (the big girl) to talk with a friend who happened to be female.

i think what the OP did was "justified" in this instance, but just punching a woman without being involved in the argument would be bad.

the OP was the cause and solution to his own mess in this case.

regardless of what way he described the big girl, the actions were right.

why have so many people been giving out about how he describes her as a fat b!tch? none of you were there, maybe she was fat. and she was clearly a b!tch, so no other way round it - she's how she was described and in this instance and my opinion was fully deserving of a smack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I think the issue is women who hit men probably think they can get off scot free and not be responsible for their actions. This is a huge incentive for these women who act violently. Would that woman kick a Rottweiler??

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

On a serious note I'd just like to comment on the ridiculousness of this thread. I'm sorry but unless you are 15 or part of crimelord family, violence is not understandable in this situation at all. Your an adult, you have a brain, you know that people can die from one punch (there's been plenty of news stories in the not so distant past of such occurances). You get the hell out of there and call for a bouncer. Use your brain, stop being a part of the problem.

I think people forget about how fragile life is. I'm speaking from experience because I grew up kind of rough and saw people die from having a bottle smashed on their head, from getting beaten up and simply from slipping and hitting their head off the curb. You can't predict what damage your going to do to someone, pub violence isn't measurable like that. You never know if someone has a weak heart, a blood clot, so on and so forth. By not reporting this girl and answering the problem with another problem when you could have done both of you a favour and reported her, you made it worse. Now its too late!

I think people need to start sueing for damages to get the message across. Had my nose broken by a fat idiot girl before, my boyfriend then hit her and thus succeeded in her threatening to kill me every time I saw her after that. Nightmare! The guards wouldn't take us seriously because of his part in it. 5 years on and I'm still having problems with my nose and the girl still gets into fights every other weekend. Him hitting her didn't teach her any lesson it was just another snippet of gossip, you must be joking if you really think that would stop that kind of girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

iDave wrote: »
    This has to be the dumbest thread since that lad who wanted to ask some other lads girlfriend out to a wedding.

where is that thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

guitarzero wrote: »
    I think the issue is women who hit men probably think they can get off scot free and not be responsible for their actions. This is a huge incentive for these women who act violently. Would that woman kick a Rottweiler??

Coupled with the fact that if the man retaliates,that a few white knights that see it will then come to her rescue and all hell will break lose,seen it a few times outside nightclubs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

arf91 wrote: »
    On a serious note I'd just like to comment on the ridiculousness of this thread. I'm sorry but unless you are 15 or part of crimelord family, violence is not understandable in this situation at all. Your an adult, you have a brain, you know that people can die from one punch (there's been plenty of news stories in the not so distant past of such occurances). You get the hell out of there and call for a bouncer. Use your brain, stop being a part of the problem.

I think people forget about how fragile life is. I'm speaking from experience because I grew up kind of rough and saw people die from having a bottle smashed on their head, from getting beaten up and simply from slipping and hitting their head off the curb. You can't predict what damage your going to do to someone, pub violence isn't measurable like that. You never know if someone has a weak heart, a blood clot, so on and so forth. By not reporting this girl and answering the problem with another problem when you could have done both of you a favour and reported her, you made it worse. Now its too late!

I think people need to start sueing for damages to get the message across. Had my nose broken by a fat idiot girl before, my boyfriend then hit her and thus succeeded in her threatening to kill me every time I saw her after that. Nightmare! The guards wouldn't take us seriously because of his part in it. 5 years on and I'm still having problems with my nose and the girl still gets into fights every other weekend. Him hitting her didn't teach her any lesson it was just another snippet of gossip, you must be joking if you really think that would stop that kind of girl!

Sometimes people look for trouble or an easy target so if they think you will stand up for yourself they will back off. Im not talking about the situation here but there are mamy situations were violence is the safest option for the victim.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

in these days of sexual equality, i would have thought more people would be in favour of being able to hit women?
    Equal rights.
    Equal pay.
    Equal status.

OP's intent was incorrect but his actions were probably the correct ones in the circumstances.

If it was a girl dancing with fellas, then caught up with her male mate, then a fella she chatted up came over and decked her mate and she knocked him out, would there be a fuss?

Jaysus thats a mouthful to write.

For goodness sake. A man hitting a woman is not a level playing field. It's not about equality. It's about physical strength.

ETA: I can't believe the OP is being applauded here for punching a woman in the face and knocking her to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

For goodness sake. A man hitting a woman is not a level playing field. It's not about equality. It's about physical strength.

ETA: I can't believe the OP is being applauded here for punching a woman in the face and knocking her to the ground.

Who's applauding me for punching a woman? They are applauding me for punch a woman who has no dignity and respect. Do you have a reason for why she punched my friend in the first place? Because I can't find any. It was totally unprovoked and a punch back in her face was deemed necessary to teach her a lesson.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Who's applauding me for punching a woman? They are applauding me for punch a woman who has no dignity and respect. Do you have a reason for why she punched my friend in the first place? Because I can't find any. It was totally unprovoked and a punch back in her face was deemed necessary to teach her a lesson.

You'll make a great wife-beater some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

If a woman was punching your child what would you do?

kiffer wrote: »
    If a woman was punching your child what would you do?

Call 999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

In fairness a person man or woman randomly attacking someone should probably expect a reaction,I don't know what kind of cotton wool planet some posters live on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

As I was going through different women on the floor, I danced with them for a bit to see if they were interested.

If not, I'd move on to the next one.

Call 999.

Of course you wouldn't just call 999.
    That's what you should do... but I seriously doubt that any human would just stand there fumbling with their phone while someone was beating up their child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH5a9q5euYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNoBUZPFivk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQW1G8XK2A

• Advertisement

Of course you wouldn't just call 999.
    That's what you should do... but I seriously doubt that any human would just stand there fumbling with their phone while someone was beating up their child.

It's not what I should do. It's what I would do. That, and then trying to haul the mudder****er off my child. I'd be slightly ineffectual in that regard though I suspect, unless I acquired some sort of superhuman strength.

In any case, comparing the OP's situation to a mother's child being brutally beaten is like comparing chalk and cheese.

The OP's friend was in no further danger. He just hit yer wan to 'teach her a lesson'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Call 999.

Would you have a latte or a cappuccino while waiting for the guards to arrive:rolleyes:

bumper234 wrote: »
    Would you have a latte or a cappuccino while waiting for the guards to arrive:rolleyes:

Good point lol. The situations are not comparable, not even remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thejoyinart

Seriously, not justified......she may have been a tool..but seriously...No, not justified, I repeat, not justified!

So I was out last night with the lads, few pints and shots were had and then I went straight for the dancefloor looking to settle for my score for the night. As I was going through different women on the floor, I danced with them for a bit to see if they were interested. If not, I'd move on to the next one. At one stage, there was a "wide-bodied lady" (should say well-built tall girl..) and I didn't want to look like an arsehole, ignoring her so I danced with her for a bit but moved on as I wasn't interested.

Next I met my friend so I started chatting up with her until suddenly, I was pushed aside by this lady I danced before and she floored my friend. Gave my friend a bloody nose so I reacted instantly and decked her in the face. When she fell, she looked like the twin towers falling. I never met this idiot before and I was lost at why did she punch my friend for no reason. :confused: Jealousy?

Was that punch I threw justified or did I step over the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭irelandrover

It's not what I should do. It's what I would do. That, and then trying to haul the mudder****er off my child. I'd be slightly ineffectual in that regard though I suspect, unless I acquired some sort of superhuman strength.

In any case, comparing the OP's situation to a mother's child being brutally beaten is like comparing chalk and cheese.

The OP's friend was in no further danger. He just hit yer wan to 'teach her a lesson'.

How do you know this?

Is the person that randomly punches someone not the type of person who would kick them while they were on the ground?

How do you know this?

Is the person that randomly punches someone not the type of person who would kick them while they were on the ground?

Because he said he punched her to teach her a lesson.

There you go, so you would physically attempt to stop them injuring your child... but you wouldn't panic and punch them, or hit them with your shoe, or an umbrella...
    I think it would take quite a bit of restraint for me to stop and call the guards before I attempted to defend the child... best I expect I would manage would be to shout for someone else to call the guards.

Yes, true... but it's also about is it ever justified to hit another person.

Yeah, the teach a lesson bit is damning alright up till he said that I would have disagreed that we knew that the friend was no further danger. A person who throws one random punch may decide to put the boot in or just keep hitting. Until you are either away from an attacker or they are restrained or disabled then they are a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Sometimes people look for trouble or an easy target so if they think you will stand up for yourself they will back off. Im not talking about the situation here but there are mamy situations were violence is the safest option for the victim.

The likely time for violence is if there's nowhere to run for e.g. if your about to be pursued by someone in a dark alley or if someone enters your home. This wasn't really a case of self defence, why couldn't he just have restrained her or shouted for a bouncer?
    I know there's always going to be violence but for the people who are smart enough to find other ways of defending themselves in these situations they should, and keep violence to a minimum. That's my view on it because there's just too much of it around as is and usually it escalates the situation rather than solving it.

hit them with your shoe, or an umbrella...

I have visions of me swatting some lunatic who is beating my child with my hat (I don't carry umbrellas) and my shoes. Actually, it might distract them away from my child. What a disturbing thought though. Still - no comparison.

• Advertisement

I have visions of me swatting some lunatic who is beating my child with my hat (I don't carry umbrellas) and my shoes. Actually, it might distract them away from my child. What a disturbing thought though. Still - no comparison.

Why is it disturbing to think that you are capable of actively defending a child (yours or otherwise) from an attacker?

Advertisement