Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching a woman - Justified or not? - MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Offer to buy her a burger meal as some manner of reparation.

If she protests tell her you'll super-size it, she'll say yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

bumper234 wrote: »
    Bit of a scurrilous accusation there.....care to elaborate or retract? :mad:
    Ha, sorry, just being sarcastic, I know you wouldn't do it. There's many a one would think it was a justifiable act though, if the person was fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Ha, sorry, just being sarcastic, I know you wouldn't do it. There's many a one would think it was a justifiable act though, if the person was fat.

Ah cool :D

Thought you had me mixed up with someone else for a minute. Unfortunately once the contract has been taken out i cannot recall the hitman so erm.......sorry about that:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

I had her boyfriend in a headlock and i was the bouncer :D

Ahhh you're two steps ahead of me here...
    I was just about to mention her fella lamping you while you've got your hands full with her wrists.
    Headlocks for every occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    So I was out last night with the lads, few pints and shots were had and then I went straight for the dancefloor looking to settle for my score for the night. As I was going through different women on the floor, I danced with them for a bit to see if they were interested. If not, I'd move on to the next one. At one stage, there was a "fat bitch" and I didn't want to look like an arsehole, ignoring her so I danced with her for a bit but moved on as I wasn't interested.

Next I met my friend so I started chatting up with her until suddenly, I was pushed aside by this fat bitch I danced before and she floored my friend. Gave my friend a bloody nose so I reacted instantly and decked her in the face. When she fell, she looked like the twin towers falling. I never met this cúnt before and I was lost at why did she punch my friend for no reason. :confused: Jealousy?

Was that punch I threw justified or did I step over the line?

You started this thread to get justification for punching a woman?

How sad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

When she fell, she looked like the twin towers falling.

Love this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

FTA69 wrote: »
    The thing about violence is that it's not something easily measured or contained, which is why it should never be deployed in the first place. If you choose to engage in violence then you need to be aware of the fact that it works both ways and there's a pretty solid chance you'll be getting what you dish out and more to boot. Gender doesn't come into it whatsoever.

Having worked as a doorman I've seen women engage in pretty savage acts of violence including glassing, ripping someone's ear off (dangling ear-rings are a no no in a scrap) as well as splitting someone's head open with a stiletto. The latter occurred against a colleague of mine at the hands of some b*tch who was a member of a notorious crime family in Cork.

While people should always be controlled to the best of their ability, that sometimes goes out the window when some lunatic starts trying to rake your face open with her nails or throw a bottle of Bud off your head.

I hate violence. It's a terrible thing.

bit in bold almost happened to me working in dublin city centre.
    I punched her in the face and she dropped. Hit her that hard more in panic at the thought of the heel part being stuck in my head.

cops called. but various witnesses gave statements that she wasn't the innocent. nothing happened.
    years later i think she got off lightly.

I think the OP was justified.
    Probably doesn't help his cause in his descriptions but if my friend was on the ground I'd do the same.

Big Steve wrote: »
    P.s. 15 Stone for someone who is 6ft isn't that big either.

in honesty a girl of 15 stone is big no matter what height.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You don't care if it was justified or not. You're just using that as an excuse to tell your stupid story.

There probably was no friend and you probably hit her because she hurt your ego when she wouldn't go home with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,874 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

you should have started this thread saying you punched a dude that may or may not have been a scumbag who decked your mate for no reason. It would have been interesting to see the responses before you unveiled the truth that it was in fact a woman you punched.

Gender shouldn't matter. We are all equal after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

you should have started this thread saying you punched a dude that may or may not have been a scumbag who decked your mate for no reason. It would have been interesting to see the responses before you unveiled the truth that it was in fact a woman you punched.

Gender shouldn't matter. We are all equal after all

Why start a thread at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

in honesty a girl of 15 stone is big no matter what height.
    Bet he wouldn't hit this 15 stone woman :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Are you starting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I think there are probably quite a lot of guys out there who would love to be in a position where they feel they are justified in hitting a woman just so they can do it. These guys probably wouldn't dare do the same to a man in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Is it acceptable to hit someone? Sometimes

Was this one of those times? Depends

Does your Posting style do you any favours? Not really

Basically she was a scumbag but you managed to portray yourself pretty badly too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Getting mixed reactions from everyone. Justified? I honesty think she deserved that punch for punching my friend unprovoked and wasn't able to fight back as she was defenceless on the floor.
    Unjustified? Probably could've questioned her on her actions, get the bouncer/security.

Honestly, I probably should've handled the situation better but I didn't and I wasn't too sure if I did a good thing or a bad thing when I punched her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Regardless of anything said here, she launched an attack on someone and got a box for her troubles. I'm failing to see the giant moral quandary.

EDIT; just noticed that your mate who was attacked was a woman herself. Totally fair game what you did if that's the case.

Getting mixed reactions from everyone. Justified? I honesty think she deserved that punch for punching my friend unprovoked and wasn't able to fight back as she was defenceless on the floor.
    Unjustified? Probably could've questioned her on her actions, get the bouncer/security.

Honestly, I probably should've handled the situation better but I didn't and I wasn't too sure if I did a good thing or a bad thing when I punched her.

you acted on instinct to protect your lady friend.

in future let the ladies sort it amongt themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

but did you get the ride or what

Fair enough, I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Bit of a scurrilous accusation there.....care to elaborate or retract? :mad:

I think he hit the nail on the head!:D

In all seriousness, OP, you could have just restrained the woman or warned her to turn away before making her do so. "Flooring" the person immediately was a poor decision as it makes you look like the bad guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

eviltwin wrote: »
    I think there are probably quite a lot of guys out there who would love to be in a position where they feel they are justified in hitting a woman just so they can do it. These guys probably wouldn't dare do the same to a man in the same situation.

I'm sure there are a lot of men and women out there who would find it easy to justify hitting someone (the nice lady the op hit seems like one for example). I don't think these kinds of people worry too much about the victims gender, once they're confident of being dominant enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

If you saw a woman being attacked in the street by a female would you just "let them sort it out among themselves"?

What if it's an elderly woman being attacked by young scrote woman? Sometimes violence is needed whether we like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Maybe the same reason as someone would start a thread like this :rolleyes:

If you saw a woman being attacked in the street by a female would you just "let them sort it out among themselves"?

What if it's an elderly woman being attacked by young scrote woman? Sometimes violence is needed whether we like it or not.

ya if i got involved things would get messy.

I would be arrested while the others get off. NO THANK YOU.

i THINK I WOULD CALL THE POLICE INSTEAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I wouldve suggested getting security that way the girl would get barred for having punched your friend unprovoked and your friend couldve threatened to sue, instead by punching her you made her the victim in this whole debocle. Now you have a reputation as someone who is willing to hit girls. If you had watched my video there was a moral to the story. Punching a girl, despite her being the person who threw the first blow will get you labelled a scumbag despite how much of a good upstanding citizen you are in reality.

ya if i got involved things would get messy.

I would be arrested while the others get off. NO THANK YOU.

i THINK I WOULD CALL THE POLICE INSTEAD.

And would you stand there watching one of them getting beaten to pulp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

eviltwin wrote: »

I'm sure he was just biding his time talking to people until some crazy person went nuts and punched the person he was talking to so he could punch them. All the time hoping the crazy person was a woman.

Well except thinking that sounds a little paranoid to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

And would you stand there watching one of them getting beaten to pulp?

Breakup the fight, dont get in it.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Breakup the fight, dont get in it.

EXACTLY get the bouncers to sort it out its their job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Maybe the same reason as someone would start a thread like this :rolleyes:

I started my post as a bit of a boast/the craic. You're implying he started this thread for similar reasons? Boasting about violence. Nice one. *Raises eyes in the air condescendingly*

Edit: People seemed to like what I did btw. The OP? Meh! Not so much!

Advertisement