Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching a woman - Justified or not? - MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

ya if i got involved things would get messy.

I would be arrested while the others get off. NO THANK YOU.

i THINK I WOULD CALL THE POLICE INSTEAD.

Well some of us wouldn't be able to stand around watching an elderly woman get beat up while waiting the 20 minutes for the guards to arrive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Interesting scenario... whether it be true or not or whether the OP is giving us the full story here or not.

In my opinion based on the available information, the OP was probably justified in his actions .. maybe a backhand slap would have been sufficient for fatty-queer-cakes to see sense ..not the full on 'hay-maker' it sounds like he landed on her.

as a matter of interest, what happened next ? did things escalate further after that ? who did the bouncers throw out ? might be lucky if there's no lawsuits

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

bumper234 wrote: »
    Well some of us wouldn't be able to stand around watching an elderly woman get beat up while waiting the 20 minutes for the guards to arrive :rolleyes:

Depends if it was a fair fight though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

psinno wrote: »
    I'm sure he was just biding his time talking to people until some crazy person went nuts and punched the person he was talking to so he could punch them. All the time hoping the crazy person was a woman.

Well except thinking that sounds a little paranoid to me.

I'm sure he wasn't but a woman, even a larger woman, is an easy target. It was one punch going by his OP, it wasn't a sustained attack, he should have checked his mate was okay and let security detain her. I doubt he would have been so quick to defend his mate if it was a large bloke who punched her.

I don't condone what the girl did btw but I saw my 5ft nothing female friend have her nose broken by a rugby player because she shoved him out of the way. He was screaming self defense as the gardai dragged him off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Don't think the bouncers saw what happened. I picked up my friend and we left the floor quickly. Headed straight for the toilets where she went in to get herself fixed up. Left the club early. No idea what happened to the girl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

If you saw a woman being attacked in the street by a female would you just "let them sort it out among themselves"?

What if it's an elderly woman being attacked by young scrote woman? Sometimes violence is needed whether we like it or not.
    ya if i got involved things would get messy.

I would be arrested while the others get off. NO THANK YOU.

i THINK I WOULD CALL THE POLICE INSTEAD.

Nothing fair about that, unless the scrote picks on the granny that has a black belt in Kung Fu :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Nothing fair about that, unless the scrote picks on the granny that has a black belt in Kung Fu :D

Old people shouldnt be out that late anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Probably wasn't a fair fight seeing as tonnes-o-fun punched the OPs friend out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Old people shouldnt be out that late anyway

old people have great ability to defend themselves. leave the old people out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

wil wrote: »

I like Katie Taylor and All but to be fair who was the girl in that.

In saying that. I've read interviews and she spars with guys and they have said she can hit as hard as any male boxer in her weight class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Course it was justified. Gender has nothing to do with it.

old people have great ability to defend themselves. leave the old people out of it.

Are ye starting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

People keep mentioning the girls weight.....I personally dont see what that has to do with anything......there are scrawny petite GAA players I know who could knock the wind out of anyone twice their size.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

iDave wrote: »
    This has to be the dumbest thread since that lad who wanted to ask some other lads girlfriend out to a wedding.

No is was the one about men's rights that was deleted or moved today, in the middle of me reading it - wierdest thing. All at once I was just floating in space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm sure he wasn't but a woman, even a larger woman, is an easy target. It was one punch going by his OP, it wasn't a sustained attack, he should have checked his mate was okay and let security detain her. I doubt he would have been so quick to defend his mate if it was a large bloke who punched her.

I don't condone what the girl did btw but I saw my 5ft nothing female friend have her nose broken by a rugby player because she shoved him out of the way. He was screaming self defense as the gardai dragged him off too.

No offence to your friend but I've seen five foot nothing women happily use bottles and other assorted weapons against larger men. perhaps a tough lesson for your friend to learn about control and alternatives to just shoving people?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    People keep mentioning the girls weight.....I personally dont see what that has to do with anything......there are scrawny petite GAA players I know who could knock the wind out of anyone twice their size.....

She's just big boned, leave it out

tritium wrote: »
    No offence to your friend but I've seen five foot nothing women happily use bottles and other assorted weapons against larger men. perhaps a tough lesson for your friend to learn about control and alternatives to just shoving people?

And if she had attacked him with a bottle I'd say he was well within his rights but she didn't use a bottle, she shoved someone who was giving her a hard time out of the way.

Shoving someone doesn't deserve a punch, it doesn't deserve a fist in the face that requires a hospital stay. But you've proved my point, there are people out there who think the reaction to any kind of physical contact is violence.

And if she had attacked him with a bottle I'd say he was well within his rights but she didn't use a bottle, she shoved someone who was giving her a hard time out of the way.

Shoving someone doesn't deserve a punch, it doesn't deserve a fist in the face that requires a hospital stay. But you've proved my point, there are people out there who think the reaction to any kind of physical contact is violence.

She shoved someone then punched the other, out of the blue./
    If a guy did that he'd end up getting a good few punches for himself and rightly so./

edit: just seen you were referring to your friend. nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Its assault though. The person can fall and crack their skull. Dont dish out what you cant take.

• Advertisement

GenieOz wrote: »
    She shoved someone then punched the other, out of the blue./
    If a guy did that he'd end up getting a good few punches for himself and rightly do.

She didn't punch him, she shoved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Every action receives a reaction. just like in OP case. OP acted on instinct . he did not think before he acted.

In future he should walk away and get the bouncers to sort it. that is the most fair way to solve it.

violence is not the answer . yet defence is justified...

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Its assault though. The person can fall and crack their skull. Dont dish out what you cant take.

So you think once someone initiates physical contact it should be a free for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How do you deck someone in their face? they'd have to fall onto their own face

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Well aren't you a charmer. With an attitude like that I can see why you hold those opinions of yours

It's easy to say x didn't deserve y. It kind of ignores the fact that someone did x in the first place. Usually its peddled by whomever came off worst with an I'll advised act of physicality. Strangely enough most people don't need the fear of being punched to deter them from shoving people ....

So you think once someone initiates physical contact it should be a free for all?

It shouldn't be a free for all but they should expect the other person to react in kind.

Every action receives a reaction. just like in OP case. OP acted on instinct . he did not think before he acted.

In future he should walk away and get the bouncers to sort it. that is the most fair way to solve it.

violence is not the answer . yet defence is justified...

What about throwing cheese burgers at her?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

hahah still skitting even if tis a troll sure tis a funny situation.. Perhaps you should have been more weary or less nackerish fighting like that isn't god for anyone if the lets say overweight lady decided she wanted to act that way didn't mean you had to, you could have pushed her out of the way..But maybe your like her brother and knew she could take the punch..Its hard to say some ladies aren't ladies and If they are lashing out at one and don't stop then well if they were a man id clock them one in the nads so why not a punch for a lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Bet he wouldn't hit this 15 stone woman :pac:

Web Content Filter Denied (policy_denied)

I think you just got me fired :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

she could have been a chinese lollypop man who knew karate, can't be too careful these days

Advertisement