Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching a woman - Justified or not? - MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Ladies don't punch.

If she wants to punch like a man, then she will get treated like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Woman wanting equal rights but yet we can't sucker punch them?

Well get back in the kitchen then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

It would have been sexist to not punch her. (I'm not even joking tbh)

We should expect to discriminate equally across both genders.
    That's real equality, one can't look for rights, without bearing the responsibilities

You were been gender neutral

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Adamantium wrote: »
    It would have been sexist to not punch her. (I'm not even joking tbh)

We should expect to discriminate equally across both genders.
    That's real equality, one can't look for rights, without bearing the responsibilities

You were been gender neutral

No, he was being a thug, same as the woman who started it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Should have stood in the way, helped your friend up. Gotten security and gotten the women turfed out of the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

tempnam wrote: »
    If the OP hadn't come across as such an arsehole in the description he gave of the attacker I reckon most people here would applaud what he did... which is defend his friend.

Gender has nothing to do with it.

If you are standing chatting to a friend and out of nowhere an attacker punches your friend in the face, flooring them & giving them a bloody nose, chances are you will react in kind without even thinking.

Violence is a horrible thing, but sometimes it is necessary

Exactly I hear all these platitudes of "two wrongs don't make a right", as if rhyming off a nice sounding phrase, that has lasted the ages without having any real substance to back it up. People don't have the convictions of their own platitudes

Violence is the answer to the person who intiated started the violence, it serves a warning to the starter that it won't be tolerated as a first means of communicaton.

For the laugh:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Adamantium wrote: »
    ...Violence is the answer to the person who intiated started the violence, it serves a warning to the starter that it won't be tolerated as a first means of communicaton

No indeed, violence is not the answer. "Violence?" is generally the question. "Hell yeah, bring it on beee-yotcharoo!!" is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Tell the truth Op you did more than dance with the Large Lady..you then moved on to your petite friend when you were finished and thats what started the whole scenario......:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Caliden wrote: »
    Ladies don't punch.

If she wants to punch like a man, then she will get treated like one.

Yeah, because all us men are just crazed brutes that go around punching everything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

I think if it were I guy I would give this answer.

Was it retaliation / revenge punch or to stop an ongoing attack?

If you were not preventing further blows then it was not justice but revenge.

You should have called the bouncer or the guards.

If you were defending your friend from being further injured it was unfortunately justified but only if you used the least amount of force necessary any more than that was unjustified.

Was it necessary ?? Or was there another way?

Same answer for a guy.

Always avoid violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Yeah, because all us men are just crazed brutes that go around punching everything...

Go back to modding the Ladies Lounge there, your man card has officially been retracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

The insults here about her size and weight are an eye-opener to the world of assh0les.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,874 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I think the girl in question has learned her lesson, she will now be less likely to punch someone in the face. If the only punishment received was to be kicked out she could very well carry on with the same behavior next weekend.
    A hard lesson, but one she will remember. Maybe the courts should adopt the same policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

The insults here about her size and weight are an eye-opener to the world of assh0les.

Hmmif she were someone the OP fancied would he have punched her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Lou.m wrote: »

I don't think the fact that the penis would have likely led him astray has anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

If he had fancied her he wouldnt have left her to talk to his friend. However it was a completely over the top reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I think the girl in question has learned her lesson, she will now be less likely to punch someone in the face. If the only punishment received was to be kicked out she could very well carry on with the same behavior next weekend.
    A hard lesson, but one she will remember. Maybe the courts should adopt the same policy.

She was wrong to throw a punch and so was he. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

The guards shouldve been contacted for the "assault". He shouldve broken up the fight and not gotten involved. As I said earlier.......by punching a girl the op has gotten a rep for himself as someone who hits gorls...and as the video I posted earlier determined, it doesnt matter how much of a decent person you are once you hit a girl you will be labelled a scumbag, even if she threw the first punch. By punching her hes ended up being the bad guy and her the tragic victim. Its understandable why he did what he did but none the less it was not the right thing. If Mike Tyson had hit his friend he wouldve not punched back.

And what has her weight got to do with anything. Is the fact that shes heavy somehow made hitting a girl more justifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

No, nor would people be making derogatory comments about her

Still doesn't excuse what she did. She was in the wrong (at first) but unfortunately AH is like being in the playground and trying to explain that 2 wrongs don't make a right! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

If I were the OP, I would be expecting the knock on the door from AGS.
    It seems to me that the OP is trying to justify his actions and as another poster mentioned, OP's are usually a bit scant with the truth.

What the OP did is assualt.
    Plain and simply and just as the woman who(and here I'm going to take a giant leap and assume the OP is telling the truth and not that he and his female friend were taking the pi5s out of the girl who threw the punch after he finished his "charity dance" with the whale and hence instigated the whole scenario ;))threw the punch should be charged, so should the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Natural justice ran its course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭con___manx1

yes she deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

we should just never use violence

Yeah I had that view until my nose was broken when some tosser nutted me while I was trying to ask him why he was mouthing off at me for no reason.

Being on the receiving end of a headbutt changed my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

If the story is true, both she, AKA The Fat Bitch, and you are utter cúntbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 13505

I think everybody is thinking too hard. Stop thinking. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of different species on this planet. We're the only one discussing such issues. If we weren't so damned intelligent this would be a complete non issue.

Ladies, don't hit men or women. It's NOT NICE and potentially dangerous. If you or your safety are in danger in any way, by all means work away. Your safety and well being is important to me, but more importantly to those that you care about. You are great. Don't hit people.

Gentlemen, don't hit women or men. It's NOT NICE and potentially dangerous. If you or your safety are in danger in any way, by all means work away. Your safety and well being is important to me, but more importantly to those that you care about. You are great. Don't hit people.

People shouldn't hit eachother. We have brains and words. Unfortunately, sometimes brains and words are not adequate. If you or your safety are in danger in any way, by all means work away. Your safety and well being is important to me, but more importantly to those that you care about. You are all great. Don't hit people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why is this offensive drivel allowed on boards???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

13505 wrote: »
    I think everybody is thinking too hard. Stop thinking. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of different species on this planet. We're the only one discussing such issues. If we weren't so damned intelligent this would be a complete non issue.

Ladies, don't hit men or women. It's NOT NICE and potentially dangerous. If you or your safety are in danger in any way, by all means work away. Your safety and well being is important to me, but more importantly to those that you care about. You are great. Don't hit people.

Gentlemen, don't hit women or men. It's NOT NICE and potentially dangerous. If you or your safety are in danger in any way, by all means work away. Your safety and well being is important to me, but more importantly to those that you care about. You are great. Don't hit people.

People shouldn't hit eachother. We have brains and words. Unfortunately, sometimes brains and words are not adequate. If you or your safety are in danger in any way, by all means work away. Your safety and well being is important to me, but more importantly to those that you care about. You are all great. Don't hit people.

Unfortunately copious amounts of alcohol negate both of these functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Any one who touches me or my friends is gonna get a severe backlash.and I'd treat a woman the same as a man. I was in a night club before and it was kicking out time and a good looking,respectable looking girl punched me square in the jaw and another in the chest as I was going up the stairs and she was coming down it. In one swift motion I caught her by the head and shoved her down 5/6 steps. And she fell in a heap.dunno what her problem was.as a larger guy I suspect she thought she could just do it and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Right, where to begin...

Firstly, no this thread isn't remaining locked. The actual topic is of interest to enough people to have over 200 posts.

Secondly, the language in the OP isn't acceptable. Nor is repeating it in order to get a reaction out of people. If anything, the near unanimous condemning of the OP's language is more important than hiding away the thread.

Thirdly, if something someone posts offends you, report them. Don't resort to insulting them.

Lastly, don't drag threads off-topic. There's a forum charter. Read it and obey it. Don't post off-topic to point out that someone is in breach of the charter, because that itself is in breach of the charter.

Oh, and when reporting posts, try to give the passive aggressiveness a miss. It doesn't help matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

efb wrote: »
    Why is this offensive drivel allowed on boards???

Because AH runs on drama. That's why you're here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I've edited the OP to make it less offensive. Hope this makes it a lot less offensive AH

Advertisement