Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close 4 bank of ireland accounts

Options
  • 23-04-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

I must say bank of Ireland has the absolute WORST solution for business banking. I recommend anybody reading this no matter if it's business banking or for personal use to STAY AWAY from bank of Ireland.

They are an absolute disgrace. The online banking cannot be accessed from any browser except Internet Explorer. Anybody knows Internet Explorer is the worst, outdated and buggy browser that should be avoided. On top of this a recent homepage "update" broke the login.

I just got a 4th phonecall from bank of ireland support that asks to go through a list of things such as delete cookies, update and check java, turn off popup blocker, etc. All the basics. Doing this for a 4th time and the login STILL does not work. A HUGE waste of time. I even had to tell the person on the phone to stop and to leave it.

I can't even check my bank balance now.. how ridiculous is that?!

I have a personal account, two euro business accounts and a dollar currency account with bank of Ireland. I want to close all four as soon as possible. What is the best and quickest way of doing this? Hopefully I don't need to go to bank of Ireland website to do it.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Have to say - I have never used IE to access 365Online always use firefox or chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Have to say - I have never used IE to access 365Online always use firefox or chrome.

You cannot access business banking online from another browser. The login fields are disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Yurple,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards. 

To clarify, it is possible to use other internet browsers such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to log on to your personal bank account on Bank of Ireland 365 Online. 

Internet Explorer is however, the only browser compatible with Business Online at present. Our Business Online team are continuing to review the site and work on developments.  

We are very sorry to hear that you are unable to access your account online, please be assured that when a customer encounters issues in logging in, our representatives will offer as much assistance over the phone as they can in order to resolve the issue and log any issue to be investigated further. As customers may have different computer settings on their PC, at times it can be hard to determine where the issue lies. 

As a result of the difficulties you are experiencing online, we are disappointed to hear that you would like to close your accounts, although we do hope you reconsider this. 

If you wish to proceed with the closure of your personal account, you can call into any nearby Bank of Ireland branch with a photo I.D such as your passport or driving license and express your interest to close your account. 

Alternatively, you can send a written request to your account holding branch by post- an email or fax will not be accepted for this. 

The balance left in the account can be issued by bank draft or if you prefer an electronic transfer.
    If you require a bank draft, please state who the draft should be made payable to. 
    If you require the balance to be transferred to a replacement account, we will require details of the beneficiary account i.e. account name. IBAN & BIC code. 

We would recommend contacting your Business Relationship manager if you wish to also close your Business Accounts. Depending on the account types, they can advise the most efficient process available to you. 

Please find the contact information for your branch here

If you feel we can provide you with any further help here, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you as much as possible. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

no surprises here, boi service is at an all new low, even for boi, cant open Estatements on personal account, they tried  to tell me its because I use mozilla, even though they say use it above and even though my wife can open her statements using the same tab of same browser on same laptop, within minutes.
    Worst customer service ever, dont listen repeatedly, even though you try tell them the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭newbie13

it took 4 months to close my 1 (one) account with BOI. I`ve requested to close my entire BOI account around Xmas, they just closed last week. 

Then they forced me to pay Quarter Account fee for €16 euro. When I asked them back for my un-used term charged ,  they said to I still owe 

to them for intrerest and accruals , whaaaattt !!  

I am now lucky person  that I dont have BOI account anymore.... 

• Advertisement
Advertisement