Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Aer Lingus flights - Christmas

Options
  • 23-04-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I know its a while off yet but I've been keeping a close eye on skyscanner for one way Sydney -> Dublin flights for December 5th. Today I seen an Aer Lingus flight, Sydney -> Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi -> Dublin. 3 hours, 30 minutes stop over which is pretty normal (and probably needed) for the 5th of December.

Its showing up as $1210 which seems really cheap to me. When I click to book the tickets it takes me to Airtickets.co.UK

These tickets are $1885 direct with Aer Lingus. Does anyone smell a rat? Or has anyone used these to book tickets before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

If your worried, print off your quote, bring it to your nearest Flight Centre store and they will beat it or you fly free.

You need to do it while the quote is live though so ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Batgurl wrote: »
    If your worried, print off your quote, bring it to your nearest Flight Centre store and they will beat it or you fly free.

Really?? Sounds good. Thanks very much!

Batgurl wrote: »

It was a good suggestion but unfortunately it won't work. The quote must be from an airline directly, an Australian travel agency or an Australian registered company. Air tickets.co.UK is none of these.

Thanks all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I didn't know you could book flights to Oz with Aer Lingus directly?. Sounds a bit dodge to me.

Usually the only time you would get an Aer Lingus flight onroute to Australia is if you are flying via London or Amsterdam as they code share with BA and Singapore Airlines etc.

That is route that Etihad fly is Syd => Abu Dhabi => Dublin which again has a code share with Virgin Australia. AFAIK Aer Lingus have nothing to do with this route?

Feelgood wrote: »
    I didn't know you could book flights to Oz with Aer Lingus directly?. Sounds a bit dodge to me.

Usually the only time you would get an Aer Lingus flight onroute to Australia is if you are flying via London or Amsterdam as they code share with BA and Singapore Airlines etc.

That is route that Etihad fly is Syd => Abu Dhabi => Dublin which again has a code share with Virgin Australia. AFAIK Aer Lingus have nothing to do with this route?

Its an Are Lingus operated flight but hosted by Etihad. It says this on the official Aer Lingus site as well. The flight numbers etc. all match up to the flights on the official site but with $600 in the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Actually it's an etihad operated flight but with an Aer Lingus codeshare.

Aer Lingus gave up the rights to operate metal on that route years ago...biggest mistake they ever made IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm seeing a similar thing with flights from New York - €350 with Aer Lingus one way and the same flight with Airtickets for €240.

Very odd.

edit - looking at their facebook page - stuffed with daily posts which on close examination are just rubbish posts and plenty of people looking for their tickets.

Avoid!

https://www.facebook.com/airticketscom

Edit 2 - hilarious - went through the booking process putting in random data and got a "price change" pop up saying the price had been changed by "the airline" and I should continue booking at the new price - which was the Aer Lingus price! Clearly just trying to reel people in.

I'm seeing a similar thing with flights from New York - €350 with Aer Lingus one way and the same flight with Airtickets for €240.

Very odd.

edit - looking at their facebook page - stuffed with daily posts which on close examination are just rubbish posts and plenty of people looking for their tickets.

Avoid!

https://www.facebook.com/airticketscom

Edit 2 - hilarious - went through the booking process putting in random data and got a "price change" pop up saying the price had been changed by "the airline" and I should continue booking at the new price - which was the Aer Lingus price! Clearly just trying to reel people in.

Haha, we have decided to completely avoid it due to lack of internet presence etc. We're gonna book direct with Emirates to avoid a last minute panic.

Thanks for the reply, definitely puts my mind at rest!

Advertisement