Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has my address been updated?

Options
  • 23-04-2014 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently went into a branch to change the address on my accounts as I have moved house.  I received a text on 10/04/14 (the next day) to confirm that this was being processed.  However, when I log into my Banking365 and look at my estatements they are still displaying my old address.  I am concerned that if I order a statement as proof of address that it will be sent to my previous address.

Can you please confirm how long it takes for my details to be fully updated across all my accounts and statements.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi happyphantom,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Any past eStatements you have will show the address at the time they were produced. As you have received the confirmation that this has been processed, any statements requested now will have your new address displayed on them. 

Although we have no account access here, if you would like to check this you can do so by calling Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to clarify this for you. Please press the * button to direct your call from the automated service to a representative. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jkwxez12yrdgbq

Hi happyphantom,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Any past eStatements you have will show the address at the time they were produced. As you have received the confirmation that this has been processed, any statements requested now will have your new address displayed on them. 

Although we have no account access here, if you would like to check this you can do so by calling Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to clarify this for you. Please press the * button to direct your call from the automated service to a representative. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Unfortunately I was holding for 20 minutes to speak with a customer service agent and still didn't get through to anybody :(

Can you please advise if you have a Data Protection or Compliance section to whom I can write in relation to the address not being updated on my estatements?

Hi happyphantom,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a phone delay. 

Please be advised that Bank of Ireland 365 phone lines may be experiencing a high volume of calls at present. Please be assured our representatives are working as quickly as possible to clear the volume of calls. Bank of Ireland 365 representatives are available until midnight tonight. 

In relation to your eStatements, to clarify, your address cannot be changed on any past statements. If you send an Online Service Desk message when logged in to your account via Bank of Ireland 365 Online, a representative will be able to check that your address has indeed been updated.

I hope this explains the matter clearer for you. 

Again, if we can help you any further please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dominic14

Two months ago I posted a change of address form to my bank in Tipperary Town. Checking recently I noticed that it was still unchanged. Lets say we blame An Post for that one and give BOI the benefit of the doubt (reluctantly). On Monday of this week I resubmitted the change of address form: this time by registered post. I contacted Banking 365 to see if the address had been amended. No it hasnt! I ask the lady at Banking 365 to ring the Tipperary town Branch to get an update as I had difficulty getting through to them on the phone. 

The nice lady from '365' then informs me that the Tipperary bank staff are busy and can I hold on the line. She returns and explains that the individual branches now forward the change of address to a central administration office in Dublin. Would or could anyone from BOI explain to me, who has been a customer for 30 years, why my bank in Tipperary cannot open the envelope, key in my account number and change my address? Its such a simple procedure that it defies logic and common sense. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jkwxez12yrdgbq

Hi happyphantom,

Please be advised that Bank of Ireland 365 phone lines may be experiencing a high volume of calls at present. Please be assured our representatives are working as quickly as possible to clear the volume of calls. Bank of Ireland 365 representatives are available until midnight tonight. 

In relation to your eStatements, to clarify, your address cannot be changed on any past statements. If you send an Online Service Desk message when logged in to your account via Bank of Ireland 365 Online, a representative will be able to check that your address has indeed been updated.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

can you please forward me the contact address for your data protection or compliance section as previously requested?

Kind regards,
    Happy Phantom

• Advertisement

Hi dominic14,

Thank you for your post. 

We are sorry to hear you have experienced this delay in updating your address and we completely understand your frustrations. However, all changes of address are now processed from a central location. 

If you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 Online and also registered your mobile to receive security codes, you can update your address online via the Online Service Desk. 

If you need help with any other query please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Aarav Silly Nerd,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

can you please forward me the contact address for your data protection or compliance section as previously requested?

Kind regards,
    Happy Phantom
    Hi Aarav Silly Nerd,

In this case you would need to raise a formal complaint with our Complaints Department and this can then be investigated fully and they will then liaise with the appropriate department. Our complaints department would then contact you regarding this. 
    Please find the contact information for our Complaints Department here

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement