Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't like new sky plus hd updated box interface

• 23-04-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    Woke up this morning, turned on my sky box which caused it to do a software update and after the update finished, when i pressed tv guide on my remote it went to a completely new sky interface. As well as a tv guide box it also had and on demand box, catch up, new series box and two others to do with on demand. My question is is their any way i can go back to the old sky interface were it went straight into he tv guide because now i've to press tv guide and then click the tv guide box to get their and its bothersome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No, you get whatever Sky gives you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I like the new Sky+ hd interface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Press TV Guide twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

For other channels

Shortcut

Services 6, 5 select

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I agree OP.

If it aint broke dont fix it $KY!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Satellite

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

lertsnim wrote: »
    Press TV Guide twice
    Oh, nice one! Didn't know of that.

I'm finding the update has made my now older Pace box somewhat better. Still takes notions of freezing up occasionally, but not as bad as it was, and generally more responsive so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

lertsnim wrote: »
    Press TV Guide twice

Do you mean if I press guide twice it goes back to the old one, also if it does and I press twice again does it go to the new guide. ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Aerohead wrote: »
    Do you mean if I press guide twice it goes back to the old one, also if it does and I press twice again does it go to the new guide. ??

There is no new or old guide.

Just an extra layer been put on to the Sky Menu.

Simply pressing "TV Guide" brings you in the guide as you wish.

I don't see what's not to look about the new update. Makes getting to on Demand and boxsets a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

murpho999 wrote: »
    There is no new or old guide.

Just an extra layer been put on to the Sky Menu.

Simply pressing "TV Guide" brings you in the guide as you wish.

I don't see what's not to look about the new update. Makes getting to on Demand and boxsets a lot easier.

Thanks I agree with you its a very nice setup and the blue and yellow are far better than the old guide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Nsewell

You can presently downgrade your software by performing a forced update, but eventually your box will update again and you'll be stuck with it so you might as well get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hi,
    Woke up this morning, turned on my sky box which caused it to do a software update and after the update finished, when i pressed tv guide on my remote it went to a completely new sky interface. As well as a tv guide box it also had and on demand box, catch up, new series box and two others to do with on demand. My question is is their any way i can go back to the old sky interface were it went straight into he tv guide because now i've to press tv guide and then click the tv guide box to get their and its bothersome.
    How is it bothersome? The old way, you pressed ''TV Guide'' and you were taken to the EPG. Now, you simply press ''TV Guide'', then ''Select''. Hardly rocket science.

Advertisement