Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image deduplication software

Options
  • 23-04-2014 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all. I have a lot of image files scattered over many different storage devices or pieces of media, hard disks, CDs, flash drives and microSD cards. I'd like to consolidate them into one place, but I want to avoid duplication of images as much as possible.

I'm looking for a piece of software that flags duplicate images and allows me to compare the size and resolution of each before deciding which one to delete. Has anyone used such software before and do you have any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I've used this one before and it's free.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/duplicate-file-finder/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alanda

Thanks for sharing. And I think it will be better if there are some more choices. Here I attach two links which are all on the same image subjects. Hope it can help you better solve this issue.

reddit.com/r/software/comments/1hu3l4/need_good_deduplication_software/

dpreview.com/forums/thread/2957500

PS: Why can not I add link now? I am not a new user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cant touchthis

alanda wrote: »

PS: Why can not I add link now? I am not a new user.

You need 50 posts.

Spam the place out of it...

Advertisement