Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property for sale

Options
  • 23-04-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anyone help please.

I have a property full of furniture from a relative and i want to sell the house & contents really don't want any hassle is there anybody out there that sells it all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Every estate agent in the country will sell houses with all of their contents. You might have some people want it to be unfurnished, but if its good for a buy to let and the contents are decent, they would be delighted as it would mean a turnkey for new tenants. Otherwise, put everything into a skip that they don't need.

However, if there is a lot of clutter, nick nacks, dated furniture, it probably would make it more difficult to sell. Usually the property selling programmes recommend minimalist with white walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NEWMAMMY01

estate agents want it empty as it has been for sale now over a yr and i have a shed load of tools, lawnmower etc its just trying to sort it all out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

There are plenty of people who will clear out a house. Contact an auction house and they will take everything.
    People who have crappy market stalls get lots from such property.

Be sure to check the property for valuable collectibles or hidden things.

I bought a house that used to be owned by a jeweller. Found lots of things hidden away. Including gold coins used as weights in the curtains. They replaced the lead in them and replaced it with the coins.

Some stuff under floor boards too. Could be still more in the place

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

NEWMAMMY01 wrote: »
    estate agents want it empty as it has been for sale now over a yr and i have a shed load of tools, lawnmower etc its just trying to sort it all out

You should try a car boot sale or a yard sale. Id love rooting through old tools and that kind of stuff!

Advertisement