Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingerpost roundabout Douglas election posters

Options
  • 23-04-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Dear Mary Rose Desmond, whoever you are
    Can you please remove your giant 10ft by 6ft election posters that were hammered into the ground yesterday evening
    The roundabout was looking great until you decided to destroy it:mad:
    3 lost votes because of this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There's a few similar posters blocking my view of the city in Sundays Well, they don't look very secure though, I've a feeling they might fall down sometime this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

That Rose Desmond lady is a Fianna Fail candidate, as you can only expect. I think we should name and shame on this thread.

I had an independent guy call around to me last week, i think i will vote for him as he is not doing the poster thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They make great insulation for hen houses, kids projects and making your own signs.

Anyone that's on the road a lot, might be a good idea to take one up to Donegal or somewhere and plant it there. They get fined if they don't take them down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

kub wrote: »
    That Rose Desmond lady is a Fianna Fail candidate, as you can only expect. I think we should name and shame on this thread.

I had an independent guy call around to me last week, i think i will vote for him as he is not doing the poster thing.

As good a reason as I've heard for voting for someone in some time!

A lot better than FF "We ran the economy into the ground, but vote for us we put up lots of big posters!".

I think i know why they put up big posters, its so that the good old folk can see their posters. Those amongst us still voting as per the civil war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

These posters should be banned,Or as a reasonable alternative one board placed in each town with each poster having a set size.
    A number of candidates are not doing posters and fair play to them as opposed to the others that ruin views and are a distraction to drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

progress
    Douglas tidy towns contacted her on her facebook page.
    'Can the posters on the Fingerpost roundabout please be removed again. This was always a no-go area for election posters.'

To which she replied

'The posters were never due to go on the roundabout and I am currently arranging for them to be removed without delay. Thank you for contacting me'

In other words she was hoping to get away with it.
    not a great image to look at anyway:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I heard on the last word yesterday evening that in certain parts of cork the posters are not allowed.
    As for the people knocking on the door, we had 2 FF guys around two weeks ago one evening, they stood outside debating if the house was occupied by renters and whether they would bother knocking. we were sitting inside the window curtains opened tv on and then the shoved a sorry to have missed you leflet in the door without knocking

I heard on the last word yesterday evening that in certain parts of cork the posters are not allowed.
    As for the people knocking on the door, we had 2 FF guys around two weeks ago one evening, they stood outside debating if the house was occupied by renters and whether they would bother knocking. we were sitting inside the window curtains opened tv on and then the shoved a sorry to have missed you leflet in the door without knocking

It certainly takes a certain type to be in FF alright :D

Those amongst us still voting as per the civil war.

Dang those Yankees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Dang those Yankees.

I believe there was more than one Civil War....?

Might be time to stop believing that the USA is the centre of the universe. Great country etc, but not the be-all and end-all.........

blindsider wrote: »
    I believe there was more than one Civil War....?

No. :eek:

Reallies? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

One of Deirdre Clune's posters on one of the bridges over the ballincollig bypass is already half falling down. A strong gust of wind and its gone. Wouldn't want to be in the car it hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Dbu wrote: »
    Dear Mary Rose Desmond, whoever you are
    Can you please remove your giant 10ft by 6ft election posters that were hammered into the ground yesterday evening
    The roundabout was looking great until you decided to destroy it:mad:
    3 lost votes because of this

that and the sheer volume of the things! :eek: there is one on almost every poll on the maryborough hill and so many through the village i lost count, it's beyond ridiculous, especially when the others have decently stuck to one or two per visible distance and she has 20 in that space.

hoodwinked wrote: »
    that and the sheer volume of the things! :eek: there is one on almost every poll on the maryborough hill and so many through the village i lost count, it's beyond ridiculous, especially when the others have decently stuck to one or two per visible distance and she has 20 in that space.

FF think that if they can show you her face enough times that when you start marking the ballot paper your hand will automatically give her a 1.

FF think that if they can show you her face enough times that when you start marking the ballot paper your hand will automatically give her a 1.

well to be honest while searching for a list of candidates this morning i found this article:

Cork independent article and she will most definitely not be getting a vote from me after having a read of it, :mad: they also kept that very quiet too, i don't remember hearing a thing on local radio about it at the time. if i had known this sooner i wouldn't have even thought of voting for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I think some of the other candidates have equal numbers of posters up to be honest ......not just FF, raise it with your local candidates though or contribute to the local election thread

Andip wrote: »
    I think some of the other candidates have equal numbers of posters up to be honest ......not just FF, raise it with your local candidates though or contribute to the local election thread

more went up today anyway it was good to see more variety!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

June 10th:
    Ms Desmond still has a large election poster tied to a pole at the Fingerpoint; Carraigaline Rd exit - despite two emails to different FF offices last week.

It's proving surprisingly difficult to find a personal email or phone number for her.

Any Facebook or Twitter users here who'd like to volunteer to notify her?

June 10th:
    Ms Desmond still has a large election poster tied to a pole at the Fingerpoint; Carraigaline Rd exit - despite two emails to different FF offices last week.

It's proving surprisingly difficult to find a personal email or phone number for her.

Any Facebook or Twitter users here who'd like to volunteer to notify her?

Nice fine on the way i imagine.

• Advertisement

not surprised, she had posters on almost all of the poles on the maryborough hill, the one outside my estate that i know had her and another female candidate on it still has the 4 cable ties attached, as do the poles all the way up the hill! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

hoodwinked wrote: »
    not surprised, she had posters on almost all of the poles on the maryborough hill, the one outside my estate that i know had her and another female candidate on it still has the 4 cable ties attached, as do the poles all the way up the hill! :mad:

I'll mention that to Douglas Tidy Towns. They'll remove the cable ties that are within reach.

Tidy Towns judging is going on at the moment - it could be any day during June.

I'll mention that to Douglas Tidy Towns. They'll remove the cable ties that are within reach.

Tidy Towns judging is going on at the moment - it could be any day during June.

i've said it to a few people and nothing was done, even told one of the candidates involved but she hasn't removed them yet, would do it myself if i could reach them, we don't own a ladder.

Advertisement