Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fakepath

Options
  • 23-04-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

I have being trying to upload a document onto a website using chrome but the file comes up with fakepath in the file path. How do I remove this or is it supposed to be there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Are you trying to upload the actual file or the shortcut to the file?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

advertsfox wrote: »
    Are you trying to upload the actual file or the shortcut to the file?

The actual file. I've made sure that it's from the correct folder and it's not a shortcut. I've found different information about this online some say you can fix a security setting in your browser (the information is related to ie) others say it's caused by a virus and to revert to factory settings, other information says the problem is with the website it is uploaded to. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I just uploaded the document onto another website and it was sent and received just fine.

Advertisement