Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have i scratched the camera of my iphone 5?

• 23-04-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys i just noticed that every picture i take on my iphone has a weird mark on it. It looks like its a piece of cloth however i cant see anything on the camera. Do you guys think its a scratch?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Not a scratch, unless you scratched it with a diamond, as the lens is made from sapphire.

I had the same thing on my 5 and luckily it was still in warranty so Apple replaced the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

mad muffin wrote: »
    Not a scratch, unless you scratched it with a diamond, as the lens is made from sapphire.

I had the same thing on my 5 and luckily it was still in warranty so Apple replaced the phone.

Do you know If you are able to fix it without getting a replacement? I'm going to call into an apple store on the way home today to see if they can do anything for me.

Fol20 wrote: »
    Do you know If you are able to fix it without getting a replacement? I'm going to call into an apple store on the way home today to see if they can do anything for me.

I wouldn't think so. You mustn't be in Ireland if you have an Apple Store you can go to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If you go to an apple store they will swap it for a refurb and I presume restore it for you. I think you need to book an appointment in advance though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You could use the Apple express replacement service. Received my replacement today and it's in perfect condition, new battery and outer shell and everything. In fact I don't even think it is a refurb as it has a production date of week 1 in April.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so. You mustn't be in Ireland if you have an Apple Store you can go to?

I bought the phone second hand when I was in Ireland. Do you think they would still fix it as it seems like a common problem online.

I bought the phone second hand when I was in Ireland. Do you think they would still fix it as it seems like a common problem online.

If it's still with in warranty they will replace your phone with a new one, well good as new anyway.

If it's out of warranty you'll have to pay an out of warranty charge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I had that purple effect on my first iP5. It was still in warrenty and Apple replaced it no probs.

It's a known issue.

Dades wrote: »
    I had that purple effect on my first iP5. It was still in warrenty and Apple replaced it no probs.

It's a known issue.

I have an appointment booked for 3 today, hopefully they will be able to sort me out.

Forgot to update the post. Apple gave me a new phone, I was very satisfied with their customer service.

• Advertisement

Forgot to update the post. Apple gave me a new phone, I was very satisfied with their customer service.

Apple are second to none when it comes to customer service. One if the main reasons I stuck with an iPhone.

Advertisement