Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance dog barking around House Hotel /Merchants Road

Options
  • 23-04-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has anyone else heard this yelping high pitched ankle biter type dog over the last month or so, it barks day and night. I am hoping to report it to the council IF I can find where it is. It is the most annoying bark. It sounds like it is left in the apartment ALL day and night. Not sure but sounds like it is around House Hotel area, Merchants Rd or Dock Road. If anyone reading this owns this dog could they either look after it properly or give it to someone (preferably outside the city so i cannot hear it) so they can look after it. Anyone else hear it? :eek: Anyone help me locate the yelping so I can report to council (not that they will do anything about it) :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

I am hoping to report it to the council IF I can find where it is.

Have you a ruff idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Have you a ruff idea?

350 views and only 5 thanks!? This is comedy gold folks, you slobs should be paying for this humour!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You want me to move this to AH so your response fits better with the forum?

OP, to be honest, there isn't much you can do. Some people leave their dog out back during the day and it spends the day yapping away. Since the owner is away they may not even be aware.
    The dog isn't in any danger, it's just being a huge pain in the behind.
    I used to have a neighbour that did this, drove me bonkers until I moved house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

There's actually a fairly specific procedure for reporting nuisance dogs...

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/DogControl/#Bark
    What can I do about barking dogs?
    Excessive barking which causes a nuisance to any person is an offence. In a good-neighbourly manner, let the dog’s owner know how the barking affects you. They may not have realised what was happening. If that approach fails, a complaint about excessive barking should be made to the District Court. To do this, you must first inform the dog owner in writing using a prescribed form, which can be obtained from your local authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Keep a written log of the time, duration & date of the barking. It's a noise nuisance & a Council responsibility. The owner may also be in breach of the new Animal Welfare Act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm around that area a lot, and have never heard it, FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^^
    What she said.

Advertisement