Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

And Brady is totally ignorant about the Bundesliga.

Bayern have had it handy because BVB have had 8-10 players injured all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

This is classic RTE soccer analysis from the lads. Great stuff :D Say what you want about Bill, Giles, Brady and Dunphy, things would be boring without them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Imagine being stuck on a plane to New Zealand with those four fúckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Lapin wrote: »

I think it would be great craic baby :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love the panel. Always craic me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Jupp > Pep

Haha...
    Pep has won more trophies than Jupp. And Jupp has managed since 1979-2013.
    What Jupp did last year is amazing, but Pep did it with Barca.
    Pep might not win 3 trophies this season. But he is still one of the best managers around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

LOL , Carlo Ancelotti as next man utd manager .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Bayern remind me of Barcelona when Messi is injured; they lack any kind of penetration once they get into the final third.

If Chelsea get to the final they would probably fancy Bayern more than Real, it would be the perfect team for them to play as they could sit back then counter which they do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Eamo's got the glasses on top of the paper. Expecting a moyes was a disaster tirade followed by a classless way to sack a manager volley.
    Which journalist will he use to back him up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Dunphy is at the sherry again,me thinks.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lapin wrote: »

They'd have the liquor under lock and key if Dunphy was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

Hilarious, dunphy writing off bayern as a team and pep as a manager after one nil to real madrid in madrid. Considering Dunphy's record i must put a bet on munich to go through now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

LOL , Carlo Ancelotti as next man utd manager .

He's too good for a midtable regional English club.

Eamo's got the glasses on top of the paper. Expecting a moyes was a disaster tirade followed by a classless way to sack a manager volley.
    Which journalist will he use to back him up?

tumblr_m1kpqqLxkj1r8yo2fo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jupp > Pep

Not agreeing nor disagreeing with you here but it's very difficult to win the CL consecutively with largely similar teams. And it's not like Guardiola could have improved the team, although arguably, he has. I'd wait until the end of next season to pass judgement tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Fudge You wrote: »
    Haha...
    Pep might not win 3 trophies this season. But he is still one of the best managers around.

One of the best, but he is using the wrong system entirely at Bayern. Jupp had it spot on. They dominated teams technically and physically. Pep's Bayern are all bark no bite.

Great league team, But the players are so talented they could win the Bundesliga without a manager. Stuttgart have done that.
    Jupp's bayern wouldn't have lost that game tonight. I don't have the same confidence in them as I did last year.

Haha...

Jupp managed to do it without putting me to sleep though.

That's the greatest accomplishment of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭average hero

To anyone who hasn't been following the Bundesliga over the past two seasons, Jupp's results were better than Pep's insofar as they were a fierce goal scoring machine. From what I've seen, Pep has made them less of a physical, attacking force and more of a tika taka control orientated team.

Basically I agree with the murmurs in the German media, Jupp's Bayern > Pep's Bayern.

As a Dortmund fan, I have less 'fear' in facing them this year than last year.

Oat23 wrote: »
    One of the best, but he is using the wrong system entirely at Bayern. Jupp had it spot on. They dominated teams technically and physically. Pep's Bayern are all bark no bite.

Great league team, But the players are so talented they could win the Bundesliga without a manager. Stuttgart have done that.
    Jupp's bayern wouldn't have lost that game tonight. I don't have the same confidence in them as I did last year.

Memories.... Last season, Munich lost a group match to Lille and only got top spot by 1 goal. They also lost to Arsenal at home, and went through on away goals. And in the final they didnt dominate technically and phsically against Dortmund but got the win.
    Maybe you are right, Bayern were better last season, but what if they win the champions league this year. Alot of people will say they were still better last year. Its the way things are...
    Sometimes, teams and managers are never as good as they are made out to be. And also, not as bad as they are made out to be.
    I think you know what I mean.

• Advertisement

Jupp managed to do it without putting me to sleep though.

That's the greatest accomplishment of all.

So you missed the champs league final last year???
    Tonight's match was good. Both teams deserve credit, Madrid more though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The RTE lads telling it like it is about Mourinho. Will we ever see that in a million years from BBC or Sky Sports?

The RTE lads telling it like it is about Mourinho. Will we ever see that in a million years from BBC or Sky Sports?

Course not. Why run the risk of grabbing an exclusive story/nonsensical soundbite from the outspoken one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Tuned out for it, brief synopsis please?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Course not. Why run the risk of grabbing an exclusive story/nonsensical soundbite from the outspoken one.

Same with the Man Utd players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Strangely enough Jamie Redknapp layed into Jose last week after the Sunderland game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Is the TV analyst reading from the newspaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Giles -"the Glaciers Bill. The Glaciers".

You know shít gets real when Dunphy puts on those glasses.

Neeson wrote: »
    Giles -"the Glaciers Bill. The Glaciers".

It was all that global warming's fault. *snaps fingers* Of course, it was right under our nose.

They hit the nail on the head in relation the the treatment of Moyes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Giving their own personal opinion on Mourinho

The point about Jose is "He is a bad loser"

All the great managers are/were bad losers

Dunphy: They should get Simeone.
    Bill: But he doesn't speak English.

I rest my case your honour. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Dunphy: "United are gone for maybe 3,4,5 years"

Chippy: "Really?!!!"

Sarcy boy is our Liam

Dunphy: They should get Simeone.
    Bill: But he doesn't speak English.

I rest my case your honour. :pac:

Pochettino hasn't done too bad...

although apparently his English is actually excellent

Giving their own personal opinion on Mourinho

The point about Jose is "He is a bad loser"

Why do people still spew this nonsense to defend unsporting behaviour?

Part of what makes a great champion is being gracious in defeat. Look at other sports.

Being a bad loser isn't a mark of a great manager. It's a mark of being a bellend.

Billo is mad for his quotes. He'll believe anything that lad I'd say.

Disagree. First one that came to my head was Fergie when he lost to Barca in the final of the champions league. He said they were best team he ever played...
    Could never see Jose doing that! He just wouldnt admit it.

Disagree. First one that came to my head was Fergie when he lost to Barca in the final of the champions league. He said they were best team he ever played...
    Could never see Jose doing that! He just wouldnt admit it.

Ah yeh Fegie was a very gracious loser :confused:

Once again the proud city of Madrid proves to be the setting for the downfall of tiki-taka Guardiolaball. Last time it was the mighty Atletico Madrid who defeated the deflated and demoralised Catalans still trying to play to the tactics of a manager who abandoned them. Tonight the descendants of the Galacticos, overseen by the genius of Ancelotti, a man who played the game at the highest level winning 3 Serie A titles and 2 UEFA Cups before turning his intellect towards management, showed that philosophies can change but class won't. The combination of Italian pragmatism and Spanish flair made a mockery of the attempt at flair and perfect football by the Germanic opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Billo is mad for his quotes. He'll believe anything that lad I'd say.

Jaysus, you really loathe the RTE panel!! :o Always wondered why they irk some people so? Best in the business by a mile imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Once again the proud city of Madrid proves to be the setting for the downfall of tiki-taka Guardiolaball. Last time it was the mighty Atletico Madrid who defeated the deflated and demoralised Catalans still trying to play to the tactics of a manager who abandoned them. Tonight the descendants of the Galacticos, overseen by the genius of Ancelotti, a man who played the game at the highest level winning 3 Serie A titles and 2 UEFA Cups before turning his intellect towards management, showed that philosophies can change but class won't. The combination of Italian pragmatism and Spanish flair made a mockery of the attempt at flair and perfect football by the Germanic opposition.

In all seriousness though, if you manage 70% + possession yet struggle to create a worthwile chance all game while getting ripped apart at the back numerous times you have to conclude that your approach is, eh, flawed.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus, you really loathe the RTE panel!! :o Always wondered why they irk some people so? Best in the business by a mile imo.

:confused:

I actually find them entertaining. I see them as light hearted but have rarely found myself agreeing with anything they say.

Once again the proud city of Madrid proves to be the setting for the downfall of tiki-taka Guardiolaball.

Embarrassing at this stage. Trying to do an Anderson.

Alot of hate against Pep? Why is that?

Ah yeh Fegie was a very gracious loser :confused:

He was that day.
    I was just proving that you were wrong, when you said "all great Managers are/were bad losers".

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In all seriousness though, if you manage 70% + possession yet struggle to create a worthwile chance all game while getting ripped apart at the back numerous times you have to conclude that your approach is, eh, flawed.

Well that's what I would've said. Barcelona and Bayern to some extent (they could well still win the tournament) have had the players to make it work while teams learned to defend against it. Arsenal never quite had the players to make it work and the limitations were obvious for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

When TSHO's Madrid team beat ManU and he said the best team lost it was because he had the hots for ManU. When he said, correctly, that the poor decisions by the ref caused the defeat in Villa he is a bad loser. When he also said as part of the same statement that he could accept the defeats away at Stoke and Everton because we played badly that is ignored.

Seems just about anyone who is not a Chelsea supporter dislikes TSHO that's fine but the double standards been spewed out here is laughable. How many times was Fergie up before the FA for bad mouthing refs, how often did he get away with it and people moaned that he got preferential treatment, how often did he influence refs at the end of a match to add Fergie time.

And no I do not dislike Fergie have upmost respect for him, he was a winner that's all he understood or wanted bloody glad he retired though. With TSHO he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

When TSHO's Madrid team beat ManU and he said the best team lost it was because he had the hots for ManU. When he said, correctly, that the poor decisions by the ref caused the defeat in Villa he is a bad loser. When he also said as part of the same statement that he could accept the defeats away at Stoke and Everton because we played badly that is ignored.

Seems just about anyone who is not a Chelsea supporter dislikes TSHO that's fine but the double standards been spewed out here is laughable. How many times was Fergie up before the FA for bad mouthing refs, how often did he get away with it and people moaned that he got preferential treatment, how often did he influence refs at the end of a match to add Fergie time.

And no I do not dislike Fergie have upmost respect for him, he was a winner that's all he understood or wanted bloody glad he retired though. With TSHO he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

You lost me at TSHO

He was that day.
    I was just proving that you were wrong, when you said "all great Managers are/were bad losers".

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9168787/fa-cup-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-accepts-fifth-round-defeat-to-manchester-city

He also agreed City were better here too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

AdamD wrote: »
    You lost me at TSHO

The Special H___ One?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The Special H___ One?

No idea, happy? Doesn't really work..

Advertisement