Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How best to study for ordinary level project maths??

• 23-04-2014 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I know there's already a project maths thread but I think that might be for higher level so didn't want to hijack that.
    Basically I'm looking for advice about how to study efficiently for ordinary level project maths. I need a B but I failed my mocks and am really worried now. I got an a1 for my junior cert by just studying the exam papers inside out and that's what I'm doing for my leaving cert now but I'm wondering if this is the best way to study or if anyone has any other advice as I'm really worried I won't get my B!
    I think the reason I failed my mocks is because 1. The mock paper was waaaay harder than my exam papers but also 2. I didn't really work hard enough for it so I'm hoping now I can bring that up!

I'm basically going through my exam papers (I have the edco ones) and doing all the q1s from paper 1, then all the 2s,3s etc etc. and since they are all sample papers I was thinking of getting different papers from other companies if they have different sample papers.... Is this the best way to study??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I too need to know this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Yes, for maths all I would advise is practice practise practise the exam papers. Pick a specific topic on the course, eg trigonometry and do every question in the exam papers on that topic. Whichever topics you have trouble with, ask your teacher and make them explain the bits you don't understand.

Advertisement