Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ouya console - ~ €95 on Amazon.com (inc P&P and Import)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

GaryCocs wrote: »
    One question on the flirc, just to get my head around it, how do you get the sky remote to control the ouya and not the sky box?

Unplug the Sky box :)

It just controls both if both are turned on. I do currently see my Sky box turning on when I hit certain keys. I've also got the volume keys controlling both the Ouya and TV volume which isn't great because it goes from loud to quiet exponentially.

The NowTV remote works as well btw if you have one of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I was actually going to ask that :pac:

Its a better option than a R.Pi yeah?

Only briefly had a play around with a RPi. while its good in terms of price and flexibility, I thought the general XBMC performance and 1080 playback was better on the ouya. I'm sure there are some performance stats out there to either prove or disprove my experience though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Its a better option than a R.Pi yeah?

I've tried 2 RPis in my time and although they are great and cheap, they just bugged me over time due to the sluggishness. The last one I had I even overclocked it and ran from USB stick and I actually thought it was worse.

You can go through the menus with the iOS/Android apps though which were fantastic and the RPi played every single file I had. Brilliant cheap device but the Ouya is just solid, fast (menus) and sane-free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

You can also control XBMC through apps on your phone or tablet

I messed around with it last night and have both the XBMC app and Yatse running on my phone

Works really well too as a remote and for viewing your content and playing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

I've used the iOS remote before and it was ok but it's annoying enough to have to unlock your phone go into an app and press pause just to pause tv.

Hi Lads,

Any thread about peoples set ups of these?

Going to try and do a bit of prep work before it arrives.

// Gary

Hi Lads,

Any thread about peoples set ups of these?

Going to try and do a bit of prep work before it arrives.

// Gary

TotalXBMC.tv and XBMConnect and two good channels on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

Lurking here for a while myself, looking for an excuse to buy the Ouya!

Have read this guide, has some useful tips on setting up the Ouya:
    http://mymediaexperience.com/xbmc-on-android-based-ouya/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

That's a big deal breaker for me
    Please note that Ouya had to remove AC3 and DTS audio decoding from the XBMC on Ouya app due to licencing issues, so we will need to wait for the licensing issues to be resolved before the multichannel audio will work again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

AntiRip wrote: »
    Resolves links to premium links (faster streaming, no capthas). RD is only e16 for 6 months I think for over 80 hosters.

Thanks for letting us know about the 4od app. Didn't realise it has been fixed

Cool, is it an XBMC add on or app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

AstraMonti wrote: »

That only applies to the version of XBMC available through the Ouya store

The more recent version of XBMC don't have this issue

Ah yeah, just read that the new alpha version supports it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

Is the new amazon TV box not a better option to Ouya now that it can run xbmc and has better hardware and a remote too?

Cool, is it an XBMC add on or app?

No not an app. If you have a RD account, you just go into the settings of one of the add-ons (1ch) and add your RD username and password into the resolver settings. This will then do for all your addons including istream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Anyone know any good apps for watching tv? Live, sports etc?

SPMC is the Xbmc for Ouya build with those licensing restrictions removed

glued wrote: »
    Anyone know any good apps for watching tv? Live, sports etc?

Filmon is good for live tv and legal. Others aren't so and cannot be discussed fully here. Xbmchub is awash with information.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

got mine today, stuck Gotham on it - running sweet so far on the wireless but will stick an ethernet cable to it eventually. Still playing around with the XMBC settings and add ons. Aeon Nox skin is saying its not compatible though, I see online a lot of folk have that installed and running well...more tinkering for me I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The latest version on the store has DTS pass through so this should not be an issue anymore.

But as has been mentioned you can just grab the version direct of XBMC and everything is hunky dory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

AntiRip wrote: »
    No not an app. If you have a RD account, you just go into the settings of one of the add-ons (1ch) and add your RD username and password into the resolver settings. This will then do for all your addons including istream.

Cool, only the paid account is worth having by the looks of things.

Does this mean then that I wouldn't have to pick from a list of 20 streams? Just pick an episode and this does the rest?

Cheers

Cool, only the paid account is worth having by the looks of things.

Does this mean then that I wouldn't have to pick from a list of 20 streams? Just pick an episode and this does the rest?

Cheers

You'll still get a list of streams just that most of them would work at premium speeds. Tbh you don't have to have RD as some streams are fast such as sockshare or firedrive and also if you have very fast broadband. Really depends on the links you're looking for. For older stuff where they are links such as filenuke, sharesix, daclips, etc, etc RD is great. It all depends really what you're looking for.

You can try it for awhile first without anything and then try RD for a month for e4 and see if there's a difference for you.

Original link is now coming up as £88.89 + £16.56 shipping from The Tech Lodge.

Still getting £79.99 from Amazon here
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0050SZD18/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Not sure if this was asked before & I'm using a phone so can't check

Is there any issues with rtmp?
    More specifically the starsteams/smoothstreams plugin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Not sure if this was asked before & I'm using a phone so can't check

Is there any issues with rtmp?
    More specifically the starsteams/smoothstreams plugin

Works perfect.

I only bought the Ouya for Starstreams. Took me 5 or 10 mins to figure out how to login but apart from that it has been flawless.

I'm now using IceFilms and a few other XBMC add-ons, a lot.

P.S. World Cup Italia 90 (formerly on the Sega Mega Drive) is some craic to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Check out iStream it makes 1channel & ice films pretty much redundant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

looder wrote: »
    Works perfect.

I only bought the Ouya for Starstreams. Took me 5 or 10 mins to figure out how to login but apart from that it has been flawless.

I'm now using IceFilms and a few other XBMC add-ons, a lot.

P.S. World Cup Italia 90 (formerly on the Sega Mega Drive) is some craic to play.

Good to hear, it's one of my priorities for it too

Its mentioned on the ouya general forum on xda, some guy having problems with the 720p streams, he reckons it's only happens in it. no replies though

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Check out iStream it makes 1channel & ice films pretty much redundant.

but doesn't it just point any stream/source links to icefilms etc?

Agueroooo wrote: »
    but doesn't it just point any stream/source links to icefilms etc?
    It uses loads of different sites. Can also watch Live tv on through it.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It uses loads of different sites. Can also watch Live tv on through it.

have you got Mashup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

got mine today, stuck Gotham on it - running sweet so far on the wireless but will stick an ethernet cable to it eventually. Still playing around with the XMBC settings and add ons. Aeon Nox skin is saying its not compatible though, I see online a lot of folk have that installed and running well...more tinkering for me I think.
    Not sure that aeon nox is compatible with gotham yet, frodo is fine.

• Advertisement

There's a work in progress Gotham Aeon Nox:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183504

Not sure that aeon nox is compatible with gotham yet, frodo is fine.

Actually uninstalled Gotham and tried SPMC last night, that runs well with Aeon. Should i get a powered USB hub for this or would a standard one do - all I need it for it to plug in a remote dongle and a USB for a local Seagate powered 2TB drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Agueroooo wrote: »
    have you got Mashup?

Mashup & Sports Devil get my vote, whatever you want to watch its available.

I never had much luck with Mashup. The Live TV section was full of dead links and the other stuff I can get anywhere.

Actually uninstalled Gotham and tried SPMC last night, that runs well with Aeon. Should i get a powered USB hub for this or would a standard one do - all I need it for it to plug in a remote dongle and a USB for a local Seagate powered 2TB drive.

I'm wondering the same thing. I've got the Flirc in already and want to add in a flash drive. Was wondering do flash drives exist with micro USB slots seeing as the Flirc is taking up the full sized USB slot thus avoiding a USB hub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Ive read of people having success with a standard hud, id get a powered to be on the safe side though.

Non powered should be fine for what you have described I'd say. You can buy them in the euro shops, if it doesnt work, not much lost!

Is there a way to disable the wifi on the ouya, I have an issue where its jumping between ethernet and wifi and I just want it to use ethernet, I go to advanced settings and see no option for disabling. Is there a key combination or am I missing something obvious....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is there a way to disable the wifi on the ouya, I have an issue where its jumping between ethernet and wifi and I just want it to use ethernet, I go to advanced settings and see no option for disabling. Is there a key combination or am I missing something obvious....

Get it to forget the connection or change password?

sweetie wrote: »
    Get it to forget the connection or change password?

Think it was a dodgy cable, changed it out and its fine. There is actually no option to disable the wifi - if an ethernet cable is plgged in goes to ethernet, if not its on wifi apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

I never had much luck with Mashup. The Live TV section was full of dead links and the other stuff I can get anywhere.

Which add on are you using for live TV.

Mainly F.T.V but I also use (by means of Overplay) the live streams on the iPlayer addon, the ITV Player addon, the Irish TV addon and FootyReport for sports. I use TVGuide-Dixie to aggregate them all.

Unfortunately this deal has expired. Back up to £99. Just got another one on time :)

Updated the OP with the price on Amazon.com, its €95 including import tax so its a pretty similar price to Amazon.co.uk

Installed latest version of Gotham http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android/arm/xbmc-13.0-armeabi-v7a.apk on the Ouya last night, kept crashing when I was accessing the SMB folder.

What version of Gotham are people using themselves?

I received the box two days ago, lovely little piece of gear. I am running the XBMC that's on the ouya store and I can say it's brilliant, runs all the 1080p movies great. As a pure gaming device I wouldn't say it's worth its money unless you are a retrohead.

Would prefer to stay on Gotham if I could but wouldn't be the end of the world do downgrade, anyone else have issues?

I'm using the xbmc from the ouya store and it runs fine ,I'm also using autopilot so it boots straight into xbmc.

I am using a version from XMBC directly (presume its Gotham) and having no issues with SMB.

Im pretty sure i grabbed a nightly maybe a month or two ago?

• Advertisement

Would prefer to stay on Gotham if I could but wouldn't be the end of the world do downgrade, anyone else have issues?

The initial versions of Gotham final were a bit screwed up mate. Try downloading it again. I'm using this:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/xbmc-20140503-60bd97b-Gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk
    which was a temporary fix after the initial troubles.

See this post where someone else mentions samba troubles:
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?5966-XBMC-on-Ouya-OUYA-Inc&p=126577&viewfull=1#post126577

:edit: I see you said you downloaded it last night so it should be OK really...very strange.

Advertisement