Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 week 1 Results

Options
  • 23-04-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

As Beast mode was in Birthday mode today he ran for 187 yards, Wilson ran for 58 and new receiver Onyechi is a beast carrying 2 end around runs for 60 yards!

Hawks beat rams
    52-24

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    As Beast mode was in Birthday mode today he ran for 187 yards, Wilson ran for 58 and new receiver Onyechi is a beast carrying 2 end around runs for 60 yards!

Hawks beat rams
    52-24

Texans beat L.A Dream! Changing the location didn't really change the mediocrity!

Schuab was cut after this game as his talent more represented the opposition than the Colt-Beating( ;) ) texans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Texans beat L.A Dream! Changing the location didn't really change the mediocrity!

Schuab was cut after this game as his talent more represented the opposition than the Colt-Beating( ;) ) texans :D

How many disconnects did it take this time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens beat the CPU Raiders 41-20

Score is misleading as it was level scores late in the 3rd quarter

Flaccid threw 4 dumb picks and although Rice rushed for 112 yd the Raiders run D bullied the Ravens offence most of the game

I was impressed with the Raiders. 83 overall score and they are daaaaaaycent

Suggs was my best player as per usual. Rookie 1st pick Heard MLB impressed with a sack and 3 tackles for loss. Gone from 80 to 82 already :)

Brandon Banks is a weapon at returning, scored a TD with the first play of the game? Eagles fans are surely missing him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans 48 Colt 34

I wa 38-3 up at half time before rock put on a good come back

2 QBs have their first game..

Smith gets3 TDs, 1 int and a 113 rating

Foles get 422 yards 4 TDs and 2 ints

Given i took an early lead running was the name of the game and C2J get 210 yard and 1 TD

Djax get a few big plays and 3 TDs
    TE Thompson gets 111 yards and 2 TDs

Titans D gets 3 QB sacks
    Bostic forces a fumble but the Titan recover

Gooden takes one of the ints back for a TD, I also had a crazy KO return where my WR rookie basically bounced off a couple of guys around the 10 yard line and then found space and ran it all the way back

Rock very unlucky mate, the first half Madden didnt want to give you anything

That was very frustrating to say the least Heli as you heard no doubt. My D had a game to forget, johnson was tough to stop but some of the tackling was pathetic, on one of your TD's my linebacker ran past smith as i pressed the tackle button, they also dropped at least 4 interceptions to, and then your kick off return TD just topped it all off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep, there were a fair few ints dropped by both sides but the return was pretty nuts tied in with me recovering my own fumble I did get some luck

Yep, there were a fair few ints dropped by both sides but the return was pretty nuts tied in with me recovering my own fumble I did get some luck

Yeah thinking back we both dropped some int's, mine just seemed more memorable as their was nobody near them at the time, i look forward to our rematch already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chargers blow past the cpu Panthers by 25 I think
    Eric Weddle with 11 tackles(9 solo),3 sacks and 1 int,machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Broncos 17-10.

Only 4 INT's from Tyler Bray kept this close, though he did complete every other pass apart from those 4. I think it's safe to say my plot to become a more passing based offense isn't going to work :pac:

Good contributions from the newcomers:

DeMarco Murray - 167 yards off 20 attempts
    Demaryius Thomas - 63 yards off 5 catches, 1 TD.
    DeMeco Ryans - 5 tackles, 3 tackles for a loss
    Dexter McCluster - 122 yards off 3 returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Paully, how did favourite son of Baltimore Vonta Leach play?

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Paully, how did favourite son of Baltimore Vonta Leach play?

Really good mate.

He was a beast in the run game, carried over a couple times for short gains and grabbed a TD for himself.

Leach is the perfect example of why people can't just look at OVR ratings. 50 odd OVR, but high 80's/90's in all the required attributes for a FB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

50? He was 99 when I had him in the pro.

All comes down to the scheme people. Nick Fairley is rated 65 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Falcons beat the skins 49-24 I think in the end.

There was quite a bit of luck on my side to be fair to Pudsy and I don't think the game was as one sided as the score might suggest. Matt Ryan threw for 5TD and 1INT while RG3 threw 2 INTs which were probably the difference makers. The CPU kept putting Roddy White in at HB which was really annoying and I found out after the game that he was #1 on my depth chart as the 3DRB so apologies if this is breaking a rule, I wasn't doing it deliberately!

Not sure if you could hear me on the mic Pudsy, I had it plugged into the player 2 controller because my decent ones mic port in blocked when another mic snapped in it. However I don't think you could hear me so don't think this works. Anyway, good luck with the season and use that read option more, if you had stuck with it I think you'd have beaten me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paully D wrote: »
    Saints beat the Broncos 17-10.

Only 4 INT's from Tyler Bray kept this close, though he did complete every other pass apart from those 4. I think it's safe to say my plot to become a more passing based offense isn't going to work :pac:

Good contributions from the newcomers:

DeMarco Murray - 167 yards off 20 attempts
    Demaryius Thomas - 63 yards off 5 catches, 1 TD.
    DeMeco Ryans - 5 tackles, 3 tackles for a loss
    Dexter McCluster - 122 yards off 3 returns

How'd ya like this fella, Paully?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Patriots beat the Bengals 38-20.

Good showing from the Brady-less Pats as Mallett completes 12 of 14 for nearly 300yds with 3 TDs and an INT.
    Nearly zero output from the running game as a stiff Bengals D plugged the gaps.
    Bernard and QB Johnson had the Pats scrambling after them on most plays.
    Edelman and Gronk seem to be Malletts go to guys with 3 catches each and Edelman the redzone threat with 2 TDs.

Good game Adrian, luck seemed to desert ya with a number of plays and those INTs and fumbles were at the worst possible time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Cheers, good game.

Sorry about my excessive bitching about the game.

That one play where you had 3rd and 15 and I blitzed 6 guys, you got the throw off, and I thought I had a pick but missed it, hen Edelman caught it and took it the distance, bouncing off 2 safties really took the wind out of my sails.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Edelman caught it and took it the distance, bouncing off 2 safties really took the wind out of my sails..

At least he only bounced off 2 tackles, Helis returner against me bounced off most of my Defense to take it the distance.

Will never hear the end of that play!!

Will never hear the end of that play!!

not at all Heli, its madden, its getting worse then fifa, I was more annoyed with my 1st Interception, that went through your 1st players hand, then my WR and then your 2nd CB caught it to bring it home

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    How'd ya like this fella, Paully?

He seems decent mate. An upgrade on Vilma for sure.

At least he only bounced off 2 tackles, Helis returner against me bounced off most of my Defense to take it the distance.

Well yeah, he took one return the distance as well, but the above play was the one that really had me thinking it wasn't my day.

In fairness Holliday is probably the best returner in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

In fairness Holliday is probably the best returner in the game.

Yeah thinks its either Holliday or Banks as best returner.
    Perrin had a good returner with the Chiefs as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

What are the chances of an early advance this evening?

Impossible! Today is Saturday, back to the pub with you!

an early advance would for once be very welcome, im training 4 nights a week for the ring of kerry so finding time to play is getting tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

an early advance would for once be very welcome, im training 4 nights a week for the ring of kerry so finding time to play is getting tough.

Kerry Katona???
    :)

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Kerry Katona???
    :)

I also support the early advance! Everyone has played their games boss :D

Whatever about an early advance the following gameweek needs to go till Thursday.

I'm not getting into playing games every few days. It should be 3 gameweeks every 2 weeks, Monday-Thursday, Friday-Tuesday,Wednesday-Sunday.

• Advertisement

Whatever about an early advance the following gameweek needs to go till Thursday.

I'm not getting into playing games every few days. It should be 3 gameweeks every 2 weeks, Monday-Thursday, Friday-Tuesday,Wednesday-Sunday.

Nobody wants to bring the end day closer for each week to correspond with early advance , there just isn't any point waiting around for an extra day and a half when all human games are done in any game week! Gives people more time to organise for the next week, with work schedule and exams coming up!

Advertisement