Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed.... trying to conceive

Options
  • 23-04-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

First time poster here. Looking for advice..... We are both 30, we haven't been using any contraception for 20 months. We've only been really ttc since last November. But now that it has been 20months i guess im worried it will never happen. I started temping every morning, only one month had a clear rise that could have indicted ovulation. We've been talking and dreaming about having a baby, Feels like I see every pregnant woman on the street. I turn on the tv or radio and theres ads for babies everywhere, or shows like one born every minute... its really stressing me out. My cycle was fairly irregular, but saying that the last 3 cycles have been less than 40 days.

Should we go to the GP? Are there any tips or advice you can offer us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

My advice would be firstly go to your gp . They will do some blood work and maybe semen analysis and then go from there . Then you will know if there is something amiss and you can move on from there . either further investigations or just keep trying . your young so you have time on your side . at least then if there is something needs doing it'll be sorted sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sashakhan

Hi pink tulips, I was in the same dilemma as you are, and have been trying to conceive for almost a year and a half. I had the same issue of irregular periods and was diagnosed with PCOS and since have been taking metformin and folic acid. I went to my GP and she had prescribed me metformin which helped me to get my cycles regular and also had referred me to the Gynaecologist at The National Maternity Hospital(dublin) and they have got me started on clomephene citrate which is a drug that induces ovulation and helps you fall pregnant.In the process, all my blood work was done and my husband's semen analysis was done too.So my fingers are crossed and I believe you too will find the right professional help soon and get pregnant (inshallah)!! I hope my reply could have helped you. Best Of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

Hi there,

Have you tried using ovulation predictor tests to see when your ovulating?. You can buy them very cheap from boards sister site adverts.ie. Start using them a few days after period. Then at least you'll know when your ovulating! Also are you getting much cm? I started using evening primrose oil and I noticed a big difference with CM (cervical mucus). You could also try Preseed it has many many positive reviews! Make sure the OH is taking his vitamins also. there are mens prenatal vitamins that can be bough over the counter. Look into your diet and lifestyle too as all these things are taken into consideration. Oh and another thing some women use a progesterone cream. It's supposed to give a more friendly environment to the sperm helping them live longer and travel quicker (Well something along those line anyway lol) Also drink bottles of water! I'd try that first for 2 or 3 cycles and then try a doctor. Diet plays a crucial factor in conceiving i am witness to that.

Best wishes and Baby Dust to You Both!!! :)

Skylar X

• Registered Users Posts: 8 butterfly022

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering any of you heard about fresh royal jelly ( not the caps or tablets I mean the pure fresh from the hive ) and the goodness what it can make to balanced a hormone levels especially in PCOS.
    Some of my friend bought from here, www . royalhealthfarm . com and they find it very good.

Have you ever tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pink tulips

skylarr wrote: »
    Hi there,

Have you tried using ovulation predictor tests to see when your ovulating?. You can buy them very cheap from boards sister site adverts.ie. Start using them a few days after period. Then at least you'll know when your ovulating! Also are you getting much cm? I started using evening primrose oil and I noticed a big difference with CM (cervical mucus). You could also try Preseed it has many many positive reviews! Make sure the OH is taking his vitamins also. there are mens prenatal vitamins that can be bough over the counter. Look into your diet and lifestyle too as all these things are taken into consideration. Oh and another thing some women use a progesterone cream. It's supposed to give a more friendly environment to the sperm helping them live longer and travel quicker (Well something along those line anyway lol) Also drink bottles of water! I'd try that first for 2 or 3 cycles and then try a doctor. Diet plays a crucial factor in conceiving i am witness to that.

Best wishes and Baby Dust to You Both!!! :)

Skylar X

Hi Skylar!

Thanks for that. I'm actually using the clear blue fertility monitor for the first time. Do you have any experience with this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lmcm

hi all,

we are ttc since October and are both 30... i checked with pregnancy websites and most have ovulation calculators...they all ask to input the first day of your last period and it calculates when your most likely to ovulate... i have done this and my period is late ... i have done countless pregnancy tests but all are neg :-( i don't know if i'm just too impatient or if it could be ectopic....starting to worry.....any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

lmcm wrote: »
    hi all,

we are ttc since October and are both 30... i checked with pregnancy websites and most have ovulation calculators...they all ask to input the first day of your last period and it calculates when your most likely to ovulate... i have done this and my period is late ... i have done countless pregnancy tests but all are neg :-( i don't know if i'm just too impatient or if it could be ectopic....starting to worry.....any advice

An ectopic pregnancy still causes an increase in the hcg levels which would result in a positive pregnancy test. It just means it's developing outside of the uterus like in the Fallopian tube for example. Obviously if go to the doctor if ur worried at all. How regular are your periods normally? Mine are always 27-32 days so it's a slight but erratic and that's considered very regular. It's possible your period will come like normal or that you are in the very early stages of pregnancy and the levels of hcg are not high enough to be detected yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lmcm

thanks dublinlady,

was really worried about an ectopic pregnancy... my period is fairly on time, usually around 3rd week of every month...I didn't have my period for may....hence all the pregnancy tests :-) hopefully next one will be positive

Advertisement