Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Citizenship Query

Options
  • 23-04-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm slightly concerned about the image I posted below. I am travelling to Canada in two weeks on my Canadian passport ( was born there). Have irish Canadian dual citizenship. Was reading about dual citizenship and The extract says you may not be citizen if you were born in Canada after feb 1977 and neither your parents were permanent residents. This applies to me. I've been told numerous times I'll be fine going over (I was born there, have the passport, have the birth cert) and the embassy said all was in order but as often happens my mind likes to worry about things that or may not come to pass. Any thoughts on this, thank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Hi, I'm slightly concerned about the image I posted below. I am travelling to Canada in two weeks on my Canadian passport ( was born there). Have irish Canadian dual citizenship. Was reading about dual citizenship and The extract says you may not be citizen if you were born in Canada after feb 1977 and neither your parents were permanent residents. This applies to me. I've been told numerous times I'll be fine going over (I was born there, have the passport, have the birth cert) and the embassy said all was in order but as often happens my mind likes to worry about things that or may not come to pass. Any thoughts on this, thank.

But you have a Canadian passport... am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I do and I shouldn't have any problems- the main crux of that post relates to the diplomatic issue, which isn't applicable to me. Hopefully the fact I'm a Canadian national (as bizarre at sounds to say) will help me in the job hunt. Does feel a bit odd to be travelling on a brand new pp

Advertisement