Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: App for remote field force to check in & out

Options
  • 23-04-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi hoping someone here can help.

I have remote team of field based employees who call to different locations for calls each day. Usually lasting 1 hours at a time. They currently submit time sheets of time they arrive and time they leave. I would like to build an app of some form that would allow that person log in when they arrive (the app would take GPS coordinates and time) and log out when they leave the client. To start with it would just need to be that basic, no other functionality. However, there would obviously have to be a back end to the app also for me to results and reports etc

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I would Google for geofence driven time sheet apps. I don't have any experience with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You'd probably want something that alerts your employee when they're at the location and prompts them to check in (and also prompts them to check out if they've left it and forgotten to do so). Meanwhile you would want this synchronizing with a Web-based application that allows you to manage the locations as well as to monitor and create reports, etc.

TBH, there seem to be a number of apps already out there that do this or something like this (example), so it's really up to you to Google for them to find the one that suits best your needs, as Colonel Panic suggested, unless someone has a specific recommendation.

If you want your own, you'd need to bring developer(s) in, as well as properly spec out what exactly you want. If you hire locally, expect to pay over €10k for this realistically. If you choose to outsource to students or the developing World, you'll get it done for much, much less (well under €5k is my guess), but that comes with it's own risks and issues, that can leave you out of pocket and not with what you wanted, in the end.

Advertisement