Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike stolen from Drogheda Train Station today April 23rd

Options
  • 23-04-2014 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I am offering a reward for the return of a bike stolen from McBride station today. It is a red Felt Q820 mountain bike. Reward of €100 for return. Reported to Gardai, but not much they can do. Guys in train station currently going through CCTV.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

keep an eye on donedeal and gumtree, it might show up for sale on one of those sites also try the local bike shops. The thief may try to sell it to one of them. What type of lock did you have on the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

indiewindy wrote: »
    keep an eye on donedeal and gumtree, it might show up for sale on one of those sites also try the local bike shops. The thief may try to sell it to one of them. What type of lock did you have on the bike?

Yeah most definitely. Have set up searches on all (Donedeal, Adverts, Gumtree). Probably do same for ebay.

Had a lock on each wheel and around the rack believe it or not. Both rope style locks, one key and one combo. The key lock was cut and left behind, no sign of the combo. They either cut that too or, more likely, lucked out on guessing the combo as that was around the back wheel, frame and rack and no sign of it at station.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

Really sorry to hear that,is the last thing you need after getting off the train. Do you have any pictures of the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

connected1 wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear that,is the last thing you need after getting off the train. Do you have any pictures of the bike?

Tell me about it. Absolutely bullin, as it wasn't even bought with my own money, it was a birthday/anniversary gift from my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

Ah that makes it 10 times worse :-( nice bike tho, I will deff keep an eye out for it. Hope you get it back

• Advertisement
Advertisement