Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scottish Independence discussion area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

ProudDUB wrote: »
    This is no where near as exciting as I thought it would be. I'm looking around my house for things to put up for sale on Adverts.ie, just to keep myself awake. :rolleyes:

Swap your house for an iPhone 5, with cash my way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'll take the Filipino housemaid off you for a tenner.

First person to pony up two tickets to the Late Late Toy Show, can have the Filipino housemaid AND my mammys prized collection of Waaathurfurd Crystal decanters.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

lufties wrote: »
    Scotland has half the feckin oil in europe, why would a country vote NOT to be independent:confused:
    Land of fainthearts as opposed to brave.

And an inferiority complex to match. The Bard of Ayrshire will have an uneasy 24 hrs - turning in his grave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Unfortunately I've taken out a barring order against Ryan Tubridy so that might be awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

pedro1234 wrote: »
    Latest #indyref intelligence from Fife: 58% No

"Intelligence". What is this, the CIA?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Oh I get it, kinda like Scotland giving it all away for a piece of
    Poo. All the while thinking
    You got the best deal?
    *Scotland being the house, England being the iPhone *

J Mysterio wrote: »
    "Intelligence". What is this, the CIA?

The CIA are still under the impression that Bonnie Prince Charlie is a new brand of cocaine. Lets not use the I word about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

No apparently have an outside chance of getting above 60% putting YES into the 30s, what a victory that would be.

deco nate wrote: »
    Oh I get it, kinda like Scotland giving it all away for a piece of
    Poo. All the while thinking
    You got the best deal?

I'm far too pissed off at being this wide awake, at this time of the morning, with zero booze or choccy biccys in the house, to be able to comprehend the fiendish cunning of all that. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Shetland 5.5K 9.9K No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Is over 80% turnout absolutely massive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Big win for NO in Shetland.

Was always going to be no there, but that's a pretty wide margin.

Almost 2:1

This is turning out to be a hammering for YES.

West Lothian is No 53% unofficially

I'm far too pissed off at being this wide awake, at this time of the morning, with zero booze or choccy biccys in the house, to be able to comprehend the fiendish cunning of all that. :mad:

Yeah, I'm running out of wine. In my younger days I'd be having a small nap then heading for an early house. Screw it, I'm not quite 40 yet. I might do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Fierce thunder and lightning over London right now. Unrest all over the place!

Scotland would give away it's independence for a go at Deal or No Deal methinks...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

As I predicted the no side doing much better than thought. Too many potential downsides for a majority to be swayed. The result could be divisive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Bottlers! Bit like in the Six Nations. Actually, no, scratch that, at rugby, they're just plain rubbish.

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    As I predicted the yes side doing much better than thought. Too many potential downsides for a majority to be swayed. The result could be divisive though.

Yes is doing much worse

jank wrote: »
    As I predicted the yes side doing much better than thought. Too many potential downsides for a majority to be swayed. The result could be divisive though.

They wont be getting another referendum this century if its as low as 40%, which it is now expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pedro1234

Just 50,000 votes counted so far in Scotland out of possible 4.3 million.

Yeah, I'm running out of wine. In my younger days I'd be having a small nap then heading for an early house. Screw it, I'm not quite 40 yet. I might do it.

I would be genuinely curious to know what reception the average punter would get, if he were to walk into your average early house at 7am & wanted to engage his fellow punters, in a discourse on the socio economic impact of Scottish independence. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Here, let me mail you a litre :). Mountain Burgundy at the mo. Slipping down nicely as I listen to the bad news.

Adam Bolton has the blas. That will be the amount of whisky he's floored in various Irish establishments down the last few decades. TV nerd is annoying me. Kay must be helping the police with their inquiries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I would be genuinely curious to know what reception the average punter would get, if he were to walk into your average early house at 7am & wanted to engage his fellow punters, in a discourse on the socio economic impact of Scottish independence. :D

It'd be a bit like the scene where Mel Gibson walks into a pub in the Patriot and says 'God Save the King', everyone drawing flintlocks on him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

sky news doing my head in

West Lothian putting the West Lothian Question firmly in play with No

• Advertisement

The Chancery Inn down on the quays ? Wouldn't surprise me if I tripped over Alex Salmond in there. There'd certainly be a percentage of the 10% who didn't bother voting in Scotland due to legal issues regarding warrants outstanding etc.

Blay wrote: »
    It'd be a bit like the scene where Mel Gibson walks into a pub in the Patriot and says 'God Save the King', everyone drawing flintlocks on him :pac:

Fair enough. Sounds just like me knocking around Limerick in my fav Jamie Heaslip Tshirt, on the eve of the annual Munster/Leinster ding dong. :D

I am thinking the "No True Scotsman" fallacy never more appropriate.

Western Isles talking Gaelic

An Gaeltacht checking in now. G'wan Peig Sayers !

( Christ, there won't be an essay on this later on, will there? :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Blast it anyway. feckin ill informed oul wans scared of losing their measely pensions and any kind of change

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Sounds just like me knocking around Limerick in my fav Jamie Heaslip Tshirt, on the eve of the annual Munster/Leinster ding dong. :D

The hat first round on you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Eilean Siar

Yes 9195
    No 10544
    Rejected 19

Another no

efb wrote: »
    The hat first round on you?

Pint of Heino, my good man, roysh? :D

SNP MEP and Minister in Scottish Parliament- this will be 60/40 min

• Advertisement

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    Blast it anyway. feckin ill informed oul wans scared of losing their measely pensions and any kind of change

But change is usually bad!

Those youths blindly following the tune of the pied piper are the real danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Come on Glasgow need at least one YES
    Here's Aberdeen

It's weird isn't it? A lot of the Yes camps rhetoric is all about the practical stuff like the economy and the oil and getting rid of Trident etc etc. There seems to be very, very little interest in tying in the Scots Gaelic language, to any feelings of national identity. Only the Western Isles seem to care about it. No one else seems too. That is sooooooo not the story here.

This guy won't be tae pleased:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yes is doing much worse
    Damm typo! :)

Absolutely is the greatest show in the history of the universe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Western Isles talking Gaelic

Yeah and one could understand most of it.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah and one could understand most of it.

Yes god bless LC Irish

People cry when they're watching an actor playing William Wallace. They think when they worry about their pensions. They think when they worry about the factory down the road remaining open. They might very well have joined Wallace 7 centuries back and gambled the nothing they had then on a chance of getting something.
    William Wallace and Robert the Bruce themselves resurrected would have found it extremely hard to motivate a bunch of middle class rugby following Guardian readers.
    The 16 year olds were the wild card in this. I didn't know how they'd go. It will be interesting to find out how many of them voted and how they voted. Were they dragged down by mammy and told where to put the X or did they vote for and by themselves ? It'll be an interesting weekend to find this stuff out.

A lot of people fail to recognise the Scots are simply too proud to be British to ever vote for independence, its not really an awful lot to do with the economy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement