Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scottish Independence discussion area

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I am saying tonight's nonsense has feck all to do with Celtic

Thats obvious but the other poster seems to think otherwise (Trolling rather than thinking it I reckon)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Lnaa

Plenty of people from Northern England wanted Scottish Yes vote.

It was not in a go **** themselves way, more a they might actually give a **** about us now in Westminster way

I wanted a Scottish yes vote. Not because I thought it was best for Scotland, but because I thought it would hurry up devolution for northern English cities.

You are wrong, you come on here pleading for devolution for the Northern English cities and you come out that that pish

And Manchester, Liverpool and other English cities and regions involve the thugs of the Old Firm how? Oh yes, I forgot, the Old Firm is the predominant feature of British politics.
    LorMal wrote: »
    You are most odd. I cannot understand your opinions at all.

I wanted Scotland to vote yes, not because I thought it was better for Scotland but because I thought it would lead to quicker devolution not FOR England, but WITHIN England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Loyalist mobs on the streets of Glasgow tonight strikingly similar to the neanderthal loyalists up north in their behaviour. Not an ounce of grace in victory from some.

http://youtu.be/HZkTCwls5PE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Lnaa wrote: »

And Manchester, Liverpool and other English cities and regions involve the thugs of the Old Firm how? Oh yes, I forgot, the Old Firm is the predominant feature of British politics.

You are rambling now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

porsche959 wrote: »
    Seems to have been targetted on one of few cities that voted Yes? Same kind of element that were behind the Lansdowne Stadium riots of 1995, by the look of things.

Don't you start me with that lot. The Gardai were well within their right to baton charge those animals that night. Hopefully there won't be any of that carry on next year in the Aviva(both from the English and Scottish fans)

• Advertisement

Some Loyalists are saying this is a "punishment" for Glasgow voting Yes. Really are a bunch Horrible cùnts

I am saying tonight's nonsense has feck all to do with Celtic

Yup, Celtic is the one club in the whole world of association football that is absolutely immune of troublesome fans...

All I am saying is, after years without an Old Firm match it wouldn't be beyond the latchycos on BOTH sides to choose tonight for a biff up.

That said, lets nip this nonsense of the fighting in the square being a big issue in the bud. Its a Friday night, Glasgow is a big city, believe it or not, there will be fighting in the main squares of Manchester, Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Liverpool, Madrid, Milan, Athens etc. tonight... its called people having a few too many and disagreeing... its nothing new... people have been known to scrap before... its not like Scotland is going to suddenly implode just because a group of yahoos decided to have a bust up.

shezer wrote: »
    Don't you start me with that lot. The Gardai were well within their right to baton charge those animals that night. Hopefully there won't be any of that carry on next year in the Aviva(both from the English and Scottish fans)

Id be more worried about the expected 10,000 Irish going to Glasgow in a few weeks for the Scotland game (Scotland play England the same week aswell in Glasgow too)

Cert that their will be trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I also, am not remotely anti-English. By virtue of having an English grandmother, by virtue of having plenty of relatives that live in England, and by virtue, of, well, just not being anti-English.

In fact, I'm absolutely sick and tired of seeing No supporters in this thread mispresent and downright defame Yes supporters as anti-English bigots and/or Provo wannabes.

I hear ya.

I have a hell of lot of respect for English people.

Like you my Gran and I also have other relatives over there in Greater Manchester area mostly.

You ask many a English person their thoughts on Scotland or The North and many won't care or respect that should be allowed be independent or United.

Many people think cause you wanted Yes vote you are some sort of Anti English, Catholic loving, Tri Colour wearing knob.

How little they know about History across the Isles and about their own island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

shezer wrote: »

"The Gardai were well within their right to baton charge those animals that night."

Completely agree.

• Advertisement

Yup, Celtic is the one club in the whole world of association football that is absolutely immune of troublesome fans...

All I am saying is, after years without an Old Firm match it wouldn't be beyond the latchycos on BOTH sides to choose tonight for a biff up.

That said, lets nip this nonsense of the fighting in the square being a big issue in the bud. Its a Friday night, Glasgow is a big city, believe it or not, there will be fighting in the main squares of Manchester, Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Liverpool, Madrid, Milan, Athens etc. tonight... its called people having a few too many and disagreeing... its nothing new... people have been known to scrap before... its not like Scotland is going to suddenly implode just because a group of yahoos decided to have a bust up.

Nope, still rambling

Do you believe what you write?

Who said Celtic have no hooligan element, what everyone is saying is tonight has nothing to do with Celtic or Rangers

In my adult lifetime living in or near Dublin city centre 20 yrs, the only time there was a riot was when loyalist scumbags instigated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Loyalist mobs on the streets of Glasgow tonight strikingly similar to the neanderthal loyalists up north in their behaviour. Not an ounce of grace in victory from some.

None of these guys are representative of NO. They're thick knuckledragging football fans with an brain the size of a crushed walnut. The people who voted NO are older people and largely middle class professionals, not these Neanderthals.

In my adult lifetime living in or near Dublin city centre 20 yrs, the only time there was a riot was when loyalist scumbags instigated it.

There's an Orange march in Glasgow tomorrow. You do have to wonder what the f**k are the police at.

None of these guys are representative of NO. They're thick knuckledragging football fans with an brain the size of a crushed walnut. The people who voted NO are older people and largely middle class professionals, not these Neanderthals.

Don't think he says they are rep of the No side, they are clearly loyalists

You are rambling now

Let me put it to your like this then...

Scotland already has a great deal of power and say over its own affairs. It has already implemented a lot of policies on various issues which make Scotland a decisively better place to live than many areas in England. In some sense the same is half true about Wales. People in counties like Flintshire, Denbighshire and Wrexham benefit hugely from the employment opportunities offered by Chester, Liverpool and Manchester, as do those in the south who live near Cardiff, and also benefit from things such as cheaper education for their children, free prescriptions and other issues. A similar story is true for vast areas of Scotland.

However, education, health and every other issue in England is dominated by the same policy whether you live in London or in Berwick-upon-Tweed. The truth is, tax gained in cities like Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle is used for the benefit of London. People of relative social scale are far better off in London than their counterparts in Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle. The people of English regions are no less deserving of a go at making the best they can for themselves than the Scottish or Welsh. The priority at this stage should not be towards Scotland, nor towards Wales, that are already enjoying the fruits of its own devolution, but to those areas in England that really need to take their own affairs in hand.

It is also sad that the focus is completely, certainly on this board, is on the best situation for Scotland, a part of the UK that is operating fantastically on a cross-state scale, whilst Wales, a country which suffers rife unemployment in many area, is ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Are they the first country to vote No to independence and the right to govern themselves?

You got proof to back that up, cause the latest video posted here has a total of 0 football tops in it

• Advertisement

...Snip....
    It is also sad that the focus is completely, certainly on this board, is on the best situation for Scotland

Not really surprising considering it is a Scottish Independence discussion after all

I don't deny for a second that there are very many scumbags amongst loyalist mobs... I would to see the chuckies on here acknowledge that there are scumbags amongst republican ranks though...

That doesn't mean that there ALL republicans are scumbags, but neither does it mean that ALL loyalists are scumbags.

Not really surprising considering it is a Scottish Independence discussion after all

Yup, lets limit everything to a one topic discussion, we can understand it better then... lets ignore anything that relates to it... that just complicates the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Jesus christ who is this man

ETA: Oops wrong thread :o

Yup, lets limit everything to a one topic discussion, we can understand it better then... lets ignore anything that relates to it... that just complicates the issue.

You do not seem to grasp the concept of boards, each topic has it's own thread. Maybe a new thread on the campaign for devolution for English cities is in order? Otherwise do not be surprised that most folk are interested in the Independence debate, result and aftermath in Scotland

There's in fact six (6!!!) Orange Marches in Glasgow tomorrow and 1 more on Sunday..MADNESS

I wasn't saying they were representative of the NO campaign, where there are of course a lot of decent people. They are representative of a hate filled mob that we are all too familiar with on this island. Knuckle dragging neantharthol Loyalists whose only goal is to incite hate and stir trouble.

Orange marches in Glasgow tomorrow just to rub salt into many of the Yes voters faces. Just so they don't forget who they belong to. Stay classy Loyalists

Republicans are marching tomorrow as well.

fr336 wrote: »
    Jesus christ who is this man

ETA: Oops wrong thread :o

No, I think you got the right thread :pac:

• Advertisement

There's in fact six (6!!!) Orange Marches in Glasgow tomorrow and 1 more on Sunday..MADNESS

Agreed... where's the need for orange, green or any other colour of march? Fair enough, on St. Patrick's. David's, Andrew's, George's and if the loyalists really must have one on the 12th, but march after march after march is ridiculous. TBH, if someone wanted to march down my street weekend after weekend I would fúck stones at them myself whether I agreed with them or not.

People with Union Jacks doing Nazi salutes in front of a war memorial.

The 'Better Together' campaign has some interesting allies, is all I'd say.

You do not seem to grasp the concept of boards, each topic has it's own thread. Maybe a new thread on the campaign for devolution for English cities is in order? Otherwise do not be surprised that most folk are interested in the Independence debate, result and aftermath in Scotland

It is an issue that is deeply relatedly though... even from your own point of view you must acknowledge that. If Manchester was to get devolved powers, and made a success of them, it would only heighten Scottish desire for independence. It would be another sign that "aloneism" does work". If Liverpool and Yorkshire then followed and made a fist of it, then it would be another pip towards Scottish independence. Regional devolution is very much related to the independence of various parts of the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Among the yes voters were some rapists and kiddie fiddlers. (I'm guessing tbh but I'd say its a safe one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

To be fair you'd be doing very well to find two brain cells among that crowd to rub together.

Among the yes voters were some rapists and kiddie fiddlers

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That's strange if true cause plenty would think of themselves as Pro Israel.

Ah come on, 2 million people voted no and you pay heed to 100 yahoos.

It is an issue that is deeply relatedly though... even from your own point of view you must acknowledge that. If Manchester was to get devolved powers, and made a success of them, it would only heighten Scottish desire for independence. It would be another sign that "aloneism" does work". If Liverpool and Yorkshire then followed and made a fist of it, then it would be another pip towards Scottish independence. Regional devolution is very much related to the independence of various parts of the UK.

Yes, devolution should come to the regions in England. I know how good the NW of England is having lived in Bolton for 2 years. However, the NE of England rejected devolution 10 years ago

Among the yes voters were some rapists and kiddie fiddlers. (I'm guessing tbh but I'd say its a safe one)

Here's the difference, and let me try to explain it to you.

Had the result being a Yes vote, Yes voters wouldn't have tried to immobilise a city that voted No, with Nazi salutes, threats, violence and firebombing of newspaper's offices.

https://twitter.com/kitmacdonald/status/513087175047786497/photo/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Really, let's see them, are they on the front lines?

Can you see them in this video taking a fight digs from the scum tonight on Bucchanan street?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152645465120901

• Advertisement

WTF?

Why cut the 2nd half? You had to actually make an effort to delete a bit.

I've been seeing a lot of claims of vote rigging across twitter and Facebook. Any substance to these claims? A couple of Scottish guys I know were telling me of people showing up at polling stations and finding out they'd already voted. Obviously I'd take most claims online with a pinch of salt of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

They got the result they wanted and now they're going to rub it in? Not surprising in a way. It seems those ***** only exist to wind people up.

Why cut the 2nd half? You had to actually make an effort to delete a bit.

because it seems so fcuked up a post even if it is clarified

because it seems so fcuked up a post even if it is clarified

If one side can pick a small groups of scumbags and use them as representatives of that whole side, can the other not?

Yes, devolution should come to the regions in England. I know how good the NW of England is having lived in Bolton for 2 years. However, the NE of England rejected devolution 10 years ago

Scotland has just rejected the chance of independence. Should it have the chance to vote again in 5, 10, 20 years time? I would say yes.

Also, should Liverpool and Manchester not have a shot at devolution because the north-east said no?

Relating it back to the issue at hand, ANY form of successful devolution in the UK would only aid a yes vote in the future.

I've been seeing a lot of claims of vote rigging across twitter and Facebook. Any substance to these claims? A couple of Scottish guys I know were telling me of people showing up at polling stations and finding out they'd already voted. Obviously I'd take most claims online with a pinch of salt of course.

I haven't really taken the claims seriously as I would be astonished if they even tried it

Anyone, it was reported in the media that about 10 cases of potential fraud where votes had already been placed when the person tried to vote

Scotland has just rejected the chance of independence. Should it have the chance to vote again in 5, 10, 20 years time? I would say yes.

Also, should Liverpool and Manchester not have a shot at devolution because the north-east said no?

Relating it back to the issue at hand, ANY form of successful devolution in the UK would only aid a yes vote in the future.

The problem is that there is little incentive for Westminster to deal with it. It would have been a different story if the people in the UK voted for PR instead of keeping the discredited FPTP system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Loyalist mobs on the streets of Glasgow tonight strikingly similar to the neanderthal loyalists up north in their behaviour. Not an ounce of grace in victory from some.

True representative of No in a majority Yes city.

Awaiting condemnation of their violence from Darling, Brown and Cameron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

If one side can pick a small groups of scumbags and use them as representatives of that whole side, can the other not?

You can once there is numerous photo and video footage of them leading a march in Scotland flags and YES banners.

Of course there won't be though, it's all just 'No' scum out there tonight, trying to start a riot even though they won.

Braindead scum are on video right now representing the NO side like it or not, and looking for ridiculous imaginary strawmen to argue about isn't going to change that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement