Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea Sunday April 27th KO 14:05 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

It's going to be a game with some atmosphere at our beloved Anfield .

2-0 to Liverpool . This IS our year !! It is time for ABL for a few years :p

YNWA

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When Liverpool win I'll be expecting Stevie G's post match team talk to play out like this:

It's important to keep the less experienced players' feet firmly on the ground.

I reckon a draw is the likely outcome though, Jose will set out frustrate and nick a win even with the "weakened" team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Chelsea need to win, anything else and they will be dragged into a fight with Arsenal and Everton for a Champions League spot via the League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea need to win, anything else and they will be dragged into a fight with Arsenal and Everton for a Champions League spot via the League

We're 5 and 6 points clear of 4th and 5th with a much better goal difference than both and 3 games to go, I'd highly doubt we'll finish outside the top 4 at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

1-0 Gerrard (pen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'll be curious to see how Liverpool do against twin DMF's of Matic and Mikel.

It will be the winning of the game IMO.

Chelsea gonna be what?

Mikel, Matic
    Lumplard
    Salah Shirley
    Ba

No idea of their defence but that's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

efb wrote: »
    1-0 Gerrard (pen)

Very good point. A shameful dive to send Jose off the rails totally. It is written!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mignolet to come up for a last minute corner and ironically manage to climb over Skrtel, Luiz, and the likes, to punch the ball into the Chelsea net.

Goal given. Mourinho punches a ball boy while ringing his wife to tell her the score.

Liverpool win one nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I think we all know why Mourinhos wife doesnt watch the games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im heading over in the morning with our club,cant fricking wait but terrified of a bad result too, im not going anywhere near predicting a result.
    This could be THE best trip to Anfield ever or an utterly sickening one.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im heading over in the morning with our club,cant fricking wait but terrified of a bad result too, im not going anywhere near predicting a result.

Enjoy Dcully :P Would love to be going too ! Good luck hope everything goes well on the trip for ya .

Keep the Faith , we will do this .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Chelsea will win this by 2 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Drogba arrives in a blonde wig pretending he is Torres and score an early header ,
    John Terry arrives in full kit and shout come on Lamps from the sidelines as Chelsea defend a corner It turns out to be an inopportune moment as Lampard slices into his own net. Salah score two good goals before half time both are incorrectly ruled out for offside Mourinho kicks a child and nuts a baby nursing at his mother’s breast. Mourinho is sent to the stands but decides to watch the rest of the match in the Slaughtered Lamb as it has better cell reception for ringing his wife.
    Suarez dives a full 15 feet outside the box and is awarded a penalty ,Stevies G slams it home but celebrations are cut short when Suarez pulls a bottle of Ballymaloe relish from his back pocket and starts to head towards the Chelsea dug out the entire Liverpool team restrain him and the match resumes.
    Flanno, Sterling and Skittles all clear shots off the line but nobody in the KOP is worried as it is written in the stars that we win this ,ref puts up 8 mins injury time Chelsea push further forward for an equaliser only to get hit 3 times on the counter in the 8 mins for a Suarez hat trick.

5-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Drogba arrives in a blonde wig pretending he is Torres and score an early header ,
    John Terry arrives in full kit and shout come on Lamps from the sidelines as Chelsea defend a corner It turns out to be an inopportune moment as Lampard slices into his own net. Salah score two good goals before half time both are incorrectly ruled out for offside Mourinho kicks a child and nuts a baby nursing at his mother’s breast. Mourinho is sent to the stands but decides to watch the rest of the match in the Slaughtered Lamb as it has better cell reception for ringing his wife.
    Suarez dives a full 15 feet outside the box and is awarded a penalty ,Stevies G slams it home but celebrations are cut short when Suarez pulls a bottle of Ballymaloe relish from his back pocket and starts to head towards the Chelsea dug out the entire Liverpool team restrain him and the match resumes.
    Flanno, Sterling and Skittles all clear shots off the line but nobody in the KOP is worried as it is written in the stars that we win this ,ref puts up 8 mins injury time Chelsea push further forward for an equaliser only to get hit 3 times on the counter in the 8 mins for a Suarez hat trick.

5-1

omgwtf.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dcully wrote: »

In 36 hours I'll be at Dublin airport myself waiting to board the plane over for the match. Should be some atmosphere. I'm in the main stand, but right down beside the Kop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5starpool wrote: »
    In 36 hours I'll be at Dublin airport myself waiting to board the plane over for the match. Should be some atmosphere. I'm in the main stand, but right down beside the Kop.

Oh Yeah!.......

Welll.....

Shut up.

5star , my match thread man lol

Enjoy :D It's gonna be a hell of game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

3-0 Liverpool by half time - game over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

omgwtf.gif

That is a serious gif. Serious. Fair play,man.

Hazard is fit?

I reckon Chelsea will try and attack Liverpool from the off. Could be a great first half

• Advertisement

That is a serious gif. Serious. Fair play,man.

There's been some beauties in the last few weeks. Art of a fine gif is an awesome thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Chelsea to play the reserves, which will probably have cost more than the Liverpool first team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing a weakened team myself so...

OwaynOTT you're cut.
    Knex you're cut.
    Hangballouie grab yourself some crayons and a page you're cut.
    Grayditch you're cut.
    Gafferino......I just cut you.
    NukaCola you're cut.
    'The Kerrigooney' you rarely show up for these things but you're cut...head to the pub.
    Eightball.....eh nevermind.

4045479.jpg
    Knex. wrote: »
    Mignolet to come up for a last minute corner and ironically manage to climb over Skrtel, Luiz, and the likes, to punch the ball into the Chelsea net.

Goal given. Mourinho punches a ball boy while ringing his wife to tell her the score.

Liverpool win one nil.

Three nil - just for the added injustice where said injustice is itself true justice. Justice. or as Lloyd says it 'Justice'

There's been some beauties in the last few weeks. Art of a fine gif is an awesome thing.

*insert undefined video here*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Chelsea to play the reserves, which will probably have cost more than the Liverpool first team

Chelsea fan here. This is prob not the time nor the place but is the 'cost' argument not flawed? Should it not be the teams current value? Eg Torres cost €50m but is only worth about €10, Suarez cost €25m? And is now worth about €80m; Mikel cost €16m and is now worth about €10m, Gerrard cost nothing but is worth about €10m; Sterling cost 500k(?) and is now worth about €20m etc etc etc therefore (I didn't go through the whole lineup in case I was proved wrong) the Liverpool team is worth more than the Chelsea team and therefore should beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

As I said in the past, I'm handing in my (part-time member awaiting registration ) SAPS card because I've given up on the jinx/ anti-jinx lucky pants dirty socks thing.

I'll be driving from Sligo on Sunday so I've no couch, no earphones, no popcorn. This drive is gonna be hell.

I've changed my mind. I'll wake la famillia up at 6:30 and get back to Dublin in time to settle into my lucky ass groove in my lucky pants with the biggest bowl of lucky popcorn yet. Dont expel me !

As I said in the past, I'm handing in my (part-time member awaiting registration ) SAPS card because I've given up on the jinx/ anti-jinx lucky pants dirty socks thing.

I'll be driving from Sligo on Sunday so I've no couch, no earphones, no popcorn. This drive is gonna be hell.

I've changed my mind. I'll wake la famillia up at 6:30 and get back to Dublin in time to settle into my lucky ass groove in my lucky pants with the biggest bowl of lucky popcorn yet. Dont expel me !

Everyone can be a sap if they just believe it Googled Eyes. Go on just believe it, believe your a big sap. Are you feeling it now?

Or alternatively, tell us in as many words as you deem necessary - I recommend 3-4 words - why you should be accepted as a full time sap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I love couch

I love couch

Silver membership approved, please forward on the membership fee to sap headquarters.
    The answer 'I'm a sap.' would have entitled you to a gold membership with all the perks that go with that and you would have been entered into to the raffle to receive one on one life coaching by Turtyturd - a lot of people clambering to receive that honour.
    You will be however entered into the silver sap draw, which see you in with a chance to actually touch the couch for yourself when you receive your very own reliquary of the couch, resplendent with authentic stains.

I'm a sap!:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I love couch

How do you feel about lamps?

And no, not Frank Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

He'll play Torres, Salah and Eto'o up front, and the remaining places go to an 8 car District Line tube wrapped around the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Mine was the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nothing to worry about from a Liverpool perspective tbh the way the stars are aligning for them this year.

They have been very good, and they have also had plenty of luck too (not a criticism) and you know what they say, "When good gets lucky"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I reckon this 'B-team' bollox means Mourinho has known who he's going to put out for the last month and there'll be 3 or 4 players who've been training exclusively to play against Liverpool's style for that time with little or no game time to distract them.

Chelsea's defence is solid. Liverpool will have 15 shots, 9 on target by half time, no goals.

Liverpool's control will slip up around 50 / 60 and then Chelsea will pile on the pressure. This will allow Sterling to get a swift counter attack around 60mins. Then a Gerrard 40 yard screamer around 70 mins. Then a jammy Coutinho deflection around 80 mins. Then 1 for Suarez in extra time.

4-0 Liverpool

kryogen wrote: »
    Nothing to worry about from a Liverpool perspective tbh the way the stars are aligning for them this year.

They have been very good, and they have also had plenty of luck too (not a criticism) and you know what they say, "When good gets lucky"

Look back through the years and tell me a team who won any league in Europe who didn't have a bit of luck?

People can say what they want but we've been the best team in league this season and deserve to win it through great performances. You make your own luck.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Look back through the years and tell me a team who won any league in Europe who didn't have a bit of luck?

People can say what they want but we've been the best team in league this season and deserve to win it through great performances. You make your own luck.

So you missed the part where I actually stated so it wouldnt get confused, it is not a criticism yes?

So you missed the part where I actually stated so it wouldnt get confused, it is not a criticism yes?

No I saw it. Just that it's been bandied out a lot lately. Not having a go at you just in general.

hefferboi wrote: »
    No I saw it. Just that it's been bandied out a lot lately. Not having a go at you just in general.

It will be bandied about, it being the weakest league in years will also be bandied about. It doesn't really matter though, the winning run Liverpool have gone on has been outstanding and the team will be worthy winners of the league this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

How do you feel about lamps?

And no, not Frank Lampard.

Now that was a blast from the past. Woke myself up laughing:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5live wrote: »
    Now that was a blast from the past. Woke myself up laughing:-)

Were you reading the thread in your sleep? I thought I was obsessed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

It will be bandied about, it being the weakest league in years will also be bandied about. It doesn't really matter though, the winning run Liverpool have gone on has been outstanding and the team will be worthy winners of the league this year.

People say it's the weakest league in years? Really!? I would have thought as a general rule that the tighter things are, the generally more competitive things are. Many teams have raised their game this season so to be sitting a top of the pile is some achievement. In a lot of ways it's more impressive than running away with the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

To me if a team runs away with the league it suggests that league is weak, just goes to show how ****e the league was last year:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

shamrock55 wrote: »
    To me if a team runs away with the league it suggests that league is weak, just goes to show how ****e the league was last year:D

Also a disservice to City when they win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Were you reading the thread in your sleep? I thought I was obsessed...
    Nah. Crap work hours atm and insomia;)

What else can you do at 4:40am to pass the time:o

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Silver membership approved, please forward on the membership fee to sap headquarters.
    The answer 'I'm a sap.' would have entitled you to a gold membership with all the perks that go with that and you would have been entered into to the raffle to receive one on one life coaching by Turtyturd - a lot of people clambering to receive that honour.
    You will be however entered into the silver sap draw, which see you in with a chance to actually touch the couch for yourself when you receive your very own reliquary of the couch, resplendent with authentic stains.

I'm a sap!:pac:

Proper laugh out loud moment there. You're a nutter, Owayn :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

K'MON weakened side CHELSEA!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Score draw.

People say it's the weakest league in years? Really!? I would have thought as a general rule that the tighter things are, the generally more competitive things are. Many teams have raised their game this season so to be sitting a top of the pile is some achievement. In a lot of ways it's more impressive than running away with the league.

Of course, the huge drop off from United, Chelsea being without a decent striker and dropping ridiculous points, City dropping points in places you wouldnt expect at all and totally ****ting the bag on the run in, Arsenal being, well, Arsenal, all leads people to say it is the weakest league in years.

The top teams have all fallen off in terms of consistency.

As I said, it doesnt matter anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Of course, the huge drop off from United, Chelsea being without a decent striker and dropping ridiculous points, City dropping points in places you wouldnt expect at all and totally ****ting the bag on the run in, Arsenal being, well, Arsenal, all leads people to say it is the weakest league in years.

The top teams have all fallen off in terms of consistency.

As I said, it doesnt matter anyway

All signs of lower teams generally improving and well, actually fighting instead of being intimidated.

I'll give you Chelsea not having a decent striker though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Poor showing by English teams in Europe may also be an indicator of drop in standard of Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Poor showing by English teams in Europe may also be an indicator of drop in standard of Premier League.

Utd unbeaten in their group and knocked out by last years winner.

Chealsea are 90 mins away from a place in the final.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement