Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea Sunday April 27th KO 14:05 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Liverpool giving United fans their highlight of the season.

Classy. :D

Just like Liverpool's reaction for the last 23 looooooog years ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

JUSTICE!!!!!!!

no need for this scummy behaviour

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

B&Q are doing a great deal on hardhats for all of those in glasshouses that insist on throwing stones.

We are Liverpool tra la la la la

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I thought Gerrard was a disaster in that second half. He's supposed to be the captain who leads by experience and example. Instead of sticking with the role he's played so well all year and trusting his teammates, he was running around trying to be superman with stupid shots and hollywood passes. Terrible stuff from a captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Despite the time wasting and diving that was an enjoyable encounter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jose once again showing why he's the best manager in the world. Gerrard spent the whole second trying to be the hero with 30 yard pot shots instead of passing to a team mate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Palace could sitll pull a draw out of this. Not a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I thought Chelsea were brilliant defensively. Fair play to them. We have a lot of abuse and digs coming our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

bluefinger wrote: »
    no need for this scummy behaviour

:(

Scummy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Fair play to Chelsea, hate their style of play and Jose is a prat but that's a great team display.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

mdmdv6j2a.gif

love him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Wonder how many of those shirts does that guy in Dublin have ha ha. Palace win next two games we win next two games we are champions who would have thunk it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Love it. Perfect from Chelsea all day. Gerrard was brutal as normal in big matches
    Champions League final? QUalifier against Olympiakos some big games this season too but I do not think it would matter to you. I think you must not watch a lot of football if you think that Gerrard is brutal as usual in big games!That or maybe you do watch but you just don't like Liverpool or have a different motive that I have not thought of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Phoenix wrote: »
    Another match thread started by me another victory hahahahahhahahahaha
    Here you go:
    I was obviously very busy this evening and decided to check Phoenix' match thread record.

61 Chelsea Games

34 Wins
    15 Draws
    12 Losses

That includes a 1-1 draw vs Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

Looks like any hopes of us taking three points ended before they began.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Looooooog years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Poor enough performance from us.

Chelsea with no interest in playing football as usual with Jose.

Seriousy Alan, that game hurt but Chelsea did their job well today.

Liverpool's attack was predictable and forced into long range shots.

I'm disappointed but can't complain about the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

"Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho" rings around Anfield, the Portuguese man of war has done it again. The best manager of his generation, kook at that celebration, he's Chelsea through and through. His team have gone out there today under a black cloud and they've performed Mourinho's vision to perfection.

Sure it gives City the chance to win the league but really I know like 1 City fan and the Liverpool fans I do know had irritated me so much, practically celebrating the title already, compounded by their players and the media treatment, how sweet this is.

Credit to everyone in that Chelsea side today. They couldn't have done any more. Add a 20 goal a season striker to that side (Diego Costa here's looking at you) and who knows what they could do, the potential is mouthwatering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

niallo27 wrote: »
    I thought Chelsea were brilliant defensively. Fair play to them. We have a lot of abuse and digs coming our way.

Why season target has been achieved anything more is a bonus

It has been mainly other fans who have built Liverpool up as league winners

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Chelsea with no interest in playing football as usual with Jose.

What was the alternative? Go all guns blazing and lose? Chelsea did what they had to do and won the game. It doesn't really matter to them how they did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Liverpool panicked in the 2nd half and ran out of ideas. Johnson and Gerrard were poor. Chelsea played to their strenghts and derserved the win. But my God what a horrible team they are. Mourinho is poison for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Weakened team?

Jose laughs at this.

I thought you were a United supporter? Maybe not, I can't remember cos you've not been in our match threads for most of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've been left with no choice but to absolutely get wasted today.
    No choice at all.

Horrible Mourinho. Horrible football. I hope athletico destroy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why season target has been achieved anything more is a bonus

It has been mainly other fans who have built Liverpool up as league winners

I agree but just wait and see what comes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Paully D wrote: »
    What was the alternative? Go all guns blazing and lose? Chelsea did what they had to do and won the game. It doesn't really matter to them how they did it.

Couldn't agree more. Mourinho has no obligation to play a free-flowing game. His objective is to win, he did that. Fantastic managerial performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

hefferboi wrote: »
    I thought you were a United supporter? Maybe not, I can't remember cos you've not been in our match threads for most of the season.

I think you're confusing him with someone else.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

We parked the bus, we parked the bus,
    We parked the bus and we won 2-0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

No issue with Chelsea's tactic. It's just another tactic that needs to be overcome, but wasn't. I mean I don't like it, but moaning is pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Obviously it's a pragmatic approach - it's just a shame it's the approach adopted by a team worth hundreds of millions.

This × 1000

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Chelsea are a top class side. No shame in losing a match to them.

Reds have been on a great run and can still win the league - really need either palace or everton to take points off city though. If City get 6 points from those two, I can't see them losing it.

I fancy a draw at Goodison though, and palace are in great form.

Chelsea have to be majorly regretting the losses to poorer sides - they've really come good against the other big clubs.

Sucks that we're relying on others now - I still think Liverpool will win the league if they get to 86 points though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Mr Alan, its takes tremendous discipline and concentration to produce a defensive performance like that. You should admire it. After all, Barca suffered the same fate and when Chelsea have to attack we do, re Arsenal, Napoli, and countless more

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think you're confusing him with someone else.;)

He's been in enough tbf. They're all in today. Haven't seen Zerks in a while either.

hefferboi wrote: »

Free forum is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wonder about the players and Chelsea, clearly they are willing to play like "sh1t on a stick" automatons for as long as it takes but it must be somewhat dispiriting for high quality players who can and should play at a much higher level of artistry.

I guess the money and trophies make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I love you Jose. <3

But you were so negative. :pac:
    We're out of it, no voodoo bo***ocks.

We wont win at Anfield, id love if we did, it would give us a hope but give City a huge boost.
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Madness! Liverpool's style of attacking play and fraility at the back play's right into the hands of a team like Chelsea. Favourites to win at Anfield imo.
    Haha favourites? Us? Away? Weve the 6th/7th best away record against the 2nd best home record and top scorers, ye can try keep up the jinx if ye want but in yere position and our UCL semi final either side hand ye the advantage.

Anyway, cmon city keep it interesting, anything but a win and its done for ye too.
    Um, I don't support anyone. :P

Against the top four what is yer away record? Chelsea are poorer against team that can't openly attack them. This has and probably will always be the case with Mourinho's teams. They're set to negate other teams, not beat them proactively. Liverpool at home, with the fans wanting them to attack, will leave themselves very open to Chelsea. It's an intriguing match up and I have Chelsea slight favourites. Game with Atletico or not.
    Weve beat City away.

Drew with Utd, arsenal, spurs

lost to everton.

Not a great record TBH when only a win would give us a slight hope.
    Don't wish to derail this thread.

That City performance was mightily impressive. Everton, Aresnal, Utd were all at the beginning of the season. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to those and draws weren't bad results. Away draws against Arsenal in the form they were in was very good. That Utd match was a dour fest.

Mourinho will lift your players for the big occasion. Liverpool, may find it hard to break down a cohesive unit and their back line is incredibly suspect. I can understand people thinking it may be tight or that Liverpool's form makes them favourites. But I cannot understand how dismissive some Chelsea fans are of their chances in Anfield. It's baffling. Ye have every chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Where is the sexy football Abramovich paid a billion pounds for and sacked every manager that couldn't give it to him?

Twas dark, twas late, he had a lot of drink in him and he hadn't has glasses on.

No harm. Sure it happened to us all at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

mdmdv6j2a.gif

love him

He is a genius.

The Premiership has been a poorer place in his absence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

No swagger in us today. Fair play Chelsea typical Mourinho setup and deserved win. Bounce back against Palace now. Disappointing but this has been an incredible season and still all to play for. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1508056_10203778268076507_441288248425272959_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

zerks wrote: »
    City score.

de fuk man. I'm watching that game on a delay. Why are you spoiling the score in this match thread? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

It was frustrating to watch Chelsea park the busand time wasting but tbh they're perfectly entitled to play like that. And we played straight into their hands as we were reduced to long shots, careless passing and we generally just lost our head.

No complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Free forum is it not?

Not really, but once you are in then you can post anywhere, think that perhaps people are calling out the number of people who have not been around in a while, perhaps about 12 games or so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Over to you Johnny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Obviously it's a pragmatic approach - it's just a shame it's the approach adopted by a team worth hundreds of millions.

Liverpool's team hasn't been put together with buttons either to be fair. Rodgers has spent £100m according to Transfer League.

Chelsea adopted an approach today that won them a hugely important game. Whether the team cost £1m or £100,000,000 is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

mike65 wrote: »
    I wonder about the players and Chelsea, clearly they are willing to play like "sh1t on a stick" automatons for as long as it takes but it must be somewhat dispiriting for high quality players who can and should play at a much higher level of artistry.

I guess the money and trophies make it worthwhile.

Your final sentence is spot on, Imagine not winning the league for entire career would be more dispiriting, or "doing a Gerrard".

zerks wrote: »
    1508056_10203778268076507_441288248425272959_n.jpg

Two huge rebounds then ha ha ha ah

• Advertisement

Free forum is it not?
    Not really, but once you are in then you can post anywhere, think that perhaps people are calling out the number of people who have not been around in a while, perhaps about 12 games or so....

This.

I suppose United supporters need something to cheer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement