Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea Sunday April 27th KO 14:05 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Paully D wrote: »
    Liverpool's team hasn't been put together with buttons either to be fair. Rodgers has spent £100m according to Transfer League.

Chelsea adopted an approach today that won them a hugely important game. Whether the team cost £1m or £100,000,000 is irrelevant.
    And the best part of 20 million spent on Aspas and Alberto, both of whom are not good enough squad players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

hefferboi wrote: »
    This.

I suppose United supporters need something to cheer.

They have actually won more than Liverpool this season have they not, might be a tin pot trophy but they still have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

"Jamie Redknapp is a football expert ask him"

Jose having a go at Redknapp, golden :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's an absolute disgrace that Torres didn't go for the killer blow himself. Should be a 4 game ban minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Hardly a master class. Take away Gerrards slip and it was a draw.
    All that money spent for bland, boring football.
    Liverpool aren't finished yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Just had a quick peruse of the Chelsea V West Ham thread, how ironic, when its done to you its unbearable, but shoe or boot on other foot and its quite acceptable.

If Liverpool did that I would be disappointed, glad for the points, dont get me wrong, but very disappointed.

#YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

@ian0378: Have you had a slip or fall at work? Call the accident helpline 0800 2-0 2-0 2-0 #LFCvCFC #Gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Dissapointed, but to be honest we did'nt deserve to win the game, we just ran out of ideas in the final third.
    Chelsea done what everyone expected of them and parked the bus, they defended well and deserved the win in the end, but in truth we never really tested them.

It seems to me Jose does'nt trust his team to go out and play football and win, there's good footballers in that Chelsea team but noone will see them play because they are not allowed to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

chelsea tv going nuts for the 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Just had a desperate search for the Chelsea V West Ham thread, how ironic, when its done to you its unbearable, but shoe or boot on other foot and its quite acceptable.

If Liverpool did that I would be disappointed, glad for the points, dont get me wrong, but very disappointed.

#YNWA

fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'd love to take the piss but I'm an Arsenal fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_HXFpbSpAO4_8vPuS2PCCEgWevgnlPZys4Urrt6GM8ssqg9ba0g

Hope this is some consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Dissapointed, but to be honest we did'nt deserve to win the game, we just ran out of ideas in the final third.
    Chelsea done what everyone expected of them and parked the bus, they defended well and deserved the win in the end, but in truth we never really tested them.

It seems to me Jose does'nt trust his team to go out and play football and win, there's good footballers in that Chelsea team but noone will see them play because they are not allowed to!

Were we not playing football then, all the more surprising ye lost if we were playing water polo for example. So Liverpool cannot beat our second team even when they play water polo not football.

Lot to be proud of there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

hefferboi wrote: »
    This.

I suppose United supporters need something to cheer.

Only to realise the league is now in Man City's hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Imagine the result chelsea could have got if they weren't missing so many first choice players:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Paully D wrote: »
    Liverpool's team hasn't been put together with buttons either to be fair. Rodgers has spent £100m according to Transfer League.

Chelsea adopted an approach today that won them a hugely important game. Whether the team cost £1m or £100,000,000 is irrelevant.

That's kind of the point though, pool spent some money, but try to play football. Chelsea play like they haven't spent hundreds of millions.

As for the second comment, yup, fair dues, they got their win. I said the above when it was 0-0. I'm just a very very frustrated pool fan today. Come on Palace!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I know some Liverpool fans are frustrated and angry about the tactics employed by Chelsea. But before today, no team had managed to shut Liverpool out since November. Did you really expect Chelsea to open up and expose themselves to Liverpool's fearsome attack (52 goals in 17 games in the PL in 2014)? Liverpool had scored in something like 25 consecutive first halves before today yet hadn't a shot on target in the first as far as I know.
    I hate Mourinho's hypocrisy, but you can't deny that he got his tactics spot on today. We tried the same a few weeks back but our defence wasn't at the same level as Chelsea's yet we didn't disgrace ourselves.

League certainly isn't over. It's still "technically" in Liverpool's hands (though they would have to win by at least 5 or 6 in each of their last two games if City win their last 4). As a neutral, I'm absolutely loving the fact that it looks like it'll go down to the last day with three teams still in with a shout. Just don't expect us to do you a favour against City on the last day. By the looks of things, our players are already on the beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

peteeeed wrote: »
    fixed

Well played Sir! Obviously as out of ideas as Jose was with his defending.

Do you want me to say anything else to give you ammo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

They have actually won more than Liverpool this season have they not, might be a tin pot trophy but they still have one.

Well if they're happy with the Charity Shield and a 7th place finish then fair play.

Only to realise the league is now in Man City's hands :D

They wouldn't be the brightest bunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Imagine the result chelsea could have got if they weren't missing so many first choice players:p

Still would have been the same football played by Chelsea so i say the score would have been the same.

I wish Liverpool has so many international players to call on for a "B Team"

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Am I missing something?

Did Chelsea just go top or win the Champions League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Am I missing something?

Did Chelsea just go top or win the Champions League?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Beautiful.

In fairness to Liverpool, Suarez was a huge loss today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

BNMC wrote: »
    Beautiful.

That's it. That's the best you can come with it. Really was expecting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Beautiful.

Was missing you...

zerks wrote: »
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend:D

Oh I get that Zerks - no issue there.

But I think someone should got on a Pighead type recon and gather up all those lovely posts about Chelsea and City buying leagues.

Cause there is some lovely sweet sticky hypocrisy going on that some need to be pulled up on.

Beautiful.

Lovely!

Six points it is then from the next two, and Palace to equalise any minute.

You had me worried there for a while...good to see ya pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Still far from over. Everton vs city is a big Un. Opportunity for city to wobble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

The most disappointing thing for me was Liverpool had a week to prepare for a "textbook" Jose away performance.if help was needed there were pretty up to date examples in the champions league albeit with a slightly unpredictable line up.
    Imo Rogers should have been trying to isolate sterling on cole but maybe that was easier said than done. The mistake from gerard was unfortunate and couldn't have happened to a worse person for Liverpool, because he will obviously take it to heart and tried to over compensate in second half with some rash shooting when cool heads were required.

Great discipline from Chelsea, I don't recall a foul in a dangerous position in the entire second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Effective again from Jose , great result given the team picked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

lol at a Mourinho masterclass performance.
    If Gerrard doesn't get unlucky & slip we get at least a draw from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Disappointing to lose that game. Save for the slip the game had draw written all over it.

Chelsea deserved the result though as we couldn't break them down so no complaints on that front. We missed Henderson and a fit Sturridge. Not sure if it would have made that much of a difference given how Chelsea set up but I do think a couple of the mix ups between Suarez and Lucas wouldn't have occurred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool still have a great chance of winning the league

It's amazing how banter Pool fans have preached about all season has suddenly turned into outrage when there's a bit of if thrown back at them. Delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

MD1990 wrote: »

Only Mystic Meg would know that. Or If your Aunt had balls, she'd be your Uncle.

• Advertisement

• Only to realise the league is now in Man City's hands :D
    Rather them than Pool lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

How did you work that one out?

2-1 = 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Oh this is beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's amazing how banter Pool fans have preached about all season has suddenly turned into outrage when there's a bit of if thrown back at them. Delicious

Maybe they should take it on the chin, like you in particular never, eeeeeever do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

If. If Kalas scores a header from a set piece routine a moment before (the best chance of the half by the way) the goal it's 1-0. As it so happens, Gerrard does slip and Ba does score. If and chance occur in every moment of football, what isn't left to chance is the organisation and shape maintained by the Chelsea side throughout, it was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If Chelsea got a penalty last week against Sunderland and Larsson got sent off they'd be top of the league.

Neither of those things happened, that's football. Nearly all goals come from a mistake somewhere, luck doesn't really come into it.

Who is outraged. We were all expecting it to be honest.

Where's the outrage? We're just giving it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Redknapp:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Hey if Villa had won every game this season they would have sewn the league up by now, so dont bother with your unlucky moments in one match :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Barr wrote: »
    Effective again from Jose , great result given the team picked.

Never believed for a minute that he was fielding a weakened team, on paper maybe, in reality, no. It was pure psychology and kept his expectations low, as in a draw, with the opportunity for a counter. It worked. Nerves got to Liverpool, IMO. City will do it now I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Brilliant interview by Jose.

What exactly would Jamie Redknapp know about winning EPL titles?

zerks wrote: »

Why can't he just give the players the credit they deserve. I understand when they lose but why make it all about him after a great win.

• zerks wrote: »

King of the Trolls :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How did you work that one out?

2-1 = 1
    yeah & Liverpool would have pushed 11 players forward in the 90 min if it was 0-0:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement