Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea Sunday April 27th KO 14:05 SS1

1192021222325»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

jaykay74 wrote: »
    There is more than one way to play football lad.
    Finally, like christ youd think passing is the only way. Whats wrong with being amazing in defence :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Tough to say that. It'll certaintly only get tougher for the next 2-3 years. But Liverpool can improve too.

Every team has areas in which they can improve, you look at Chelsea/Arsenal and its strikers/goals. Liverpool, United, City need to improve defence. Hell even Spurs could come into the reckoning.

This was the year when the top teams have been at their worst (especially United) so naturally its the year for Liverpool to win it. But you cant rule them out now with the money Champions League football will generate.
    Say what you like about the other teams but squadwise and rotationwise if Liverpool are to get anywhere next year they will have to have rotation as an option.
    Say they have Munich in the group one week with United/spurs/city/everton etc in the league the next week. Can they rest the first team and play aspas and moses etc? Moses wont even be there more than likely.
    Gerard may have to take a back seat too.
    Theres alot of spending needs to be done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Weak team my ass lol....This is going to be a hell of a test for Liverpool.
    dfx- wrote: »
    0-2 Chelsea.

:cool:

This was always going to be the toughest test for Liverpool.. I think it has been a different Liverpool team since the Tottenham game and maybe even the Cardiff game. I watched the Cardiff second half and Liverpool were electric. They haven't really been so since fans began to believe..

'best coach in the world ever' Mourinho made a major error being five points behind before this game. A draw against Palace and Newcastle at home should see Liverpool guarantee second place. You do wonder if they are running out of steam though and that might see defeat at Palace..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dropping two points you might allow yourself to be hopeful of, maybe, but defeat at Palace is out of the question imo, they will just outscore them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

kryogen wrote: »
    Dropping two points you might allow yourself to be hopeful of, maybe, but defeat at Palace is out of the question imo, they will just outscore them

Tony pulis says no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Brilliant performance by Chelsea. Negated Liverpool's attack to the point that I cannot remember one chance Liverpool had in the whole game.

Chelsea got lucky with the first goal, but that's where the luck ends. They were perfectly set up, and executed the plan perfectly. Boring at times, but brilliant to watch in another way.

And, not only for this game but for other similar games, when I read people's posts about superior possession, more chances, shots, corners, etc...my response is always the same: if you had all those advantages in the game, and still couldn't convert it into goals, why do you think your team deserved to win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Eh...really? You know they were the only set of fans in the EPL not to respect the silence during the 25th Anniversary weekend. Hillsborough is a Cause célèbre for sections of the Chelsea fan base in a way it just isn't for other support bases.

Any proof of this or just throwing it out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

quarryman wrote: »
    Any proof of this or just throwing it out there?

The silence was not fully observed at the beginning of the Swansea / Chelsea fixture. I was watching the game, you know? The Chelsea fan on here has offered a theory as to what was causing the noise other than the obvious conclusion that a minority of their travelling support were doing it deliberately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The silence was not fully observed at the beginning of the Swansea / Chelsea fixture. I was watching the game, you know? The Chelsea fan on here has offered a theory as to what was causing the noise other than the obvious conclusion that a minority of their travelling support were doing it deliberately.

I read that it was fans still making their way through the stadium to their seats that were singing which is why it was faint. Although it wouldn't surprise me either way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Liverpool fans letting off fireworks and calling the Chelsea hotel all night before the game trying to disturb the players.
    Liverpool bringing Luis Garcia onto the pitch before the game to try and annoy Chelsea.
    Liverpool fans singing ''we're guna win the league'' every weekend as though they were 20 points clear.

JUSTICE.
    Misappropriation of the word justice here is no doubt deliberate and nasty but reflects a certain element of the anti lfc brigade, no doubt also you'll plead ignorance or innocence but you knew exactly what you were doing, not surprising just very sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Any time Liverpool get beaten this old nugget gets pulled out, the opposition were singing bad songs. Funny how minutes after Gerrard's slip it is all over the internet yet there is never any footage backing up these allegations. Is there a no mobile phone policy in place at Anfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

donfers wrote: »
    Misappropriation of the word justice here is no doubt deliberate and nasty but reflects a certain element of the anti lfc brigade, no doubt also you'll plead ignorance or innocence but you knew exactly what you were doing, not surprising just very sad

I plead innocence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

This bull**** needs to be stamped out straight away about anyone bar liverpool fans using the word justice is somehow taking a nasty dig at the jft96 campaign. While a lot of rival posters have a great dislike of liverpool supporters it would take a sick individual not to support and admire the campaign. They were football fans like us who died not just liverpool supporters.

The likes of you need to gtfo if you are going to try to paint posters as animals just because you can't handle the "banter"(as it was called until your lot were on the recieving end)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

amiable wrote: »
    Go on and support an Anti Irish club. But you won't reply

You have proof of this of course. I am Irish have been to Chelsea hundreds of time I have drank in the pubs and ate in the restaurants around the ground. It is not unknown for me to turn up with a Munster rugby woolly hat in cold weather.

Never have I encountered and negative comment, jibes or racism of any description. So where is this anti Irish sentiment you speak of? Have you ever been to Chelsea and experienced it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Liamalone wrote: »
    Any time Liverpool get beaten this old nugget gets pulled out, the opposition were singing bad songs. Funny how minutes after Gerrard's slip it is all over the internet yet there is never any footage backing up these allegations. Is there a no mobile phone policy in place at Anfield?

Here's how to do it, I know Chelsea fans are not as used to the rivalry as us United fans but in future get your say in early.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86280933&postcount=49

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86280991&postcount=50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

amiable wrote: »
    Go on and support an Anti Irish club. But you won't reply

Patriotism on an Irish forum dominated by supporters of English clubs.

That's the sound of a barrel being scraped IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Essien wrote: »
    Patriotism on an Irish forum dominated by supporters of English clubs.

That's the sound of a barrel being scraped IMO.

Hes wrong anyway ha :p im the same have been over to Chelsea games numerous times and have never felt anything but welcomed.

This bull**** needs to be stamped out straight away about anyone bar liverpool fans using the word justice is somehow taking a nasty dig at the jft96 campaign. While a lot of rival posters have a great dislike of liverpool supporters it would take a sick individual not to support and admire the campaign. They were football fans like us who died not just liverpool supporters.

The likes of you need to gtfo if you are going to try to paint posters as animals just because you can't handle the "banter"(as it was called until your lot were on the recieving end)

It's funny how justice is only used by certain posters during Liverpool games eh.

Some coincidence.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's funny how justice is only used by certain posters during Liverpool games eh.

Some coincidence.

Like a Liverpool fan who says it any time something happens that he likes?

Some coincidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

some people do a perfectly good job of painting themselves as animals and you can GTFO if you think someone writing justice in caps lock at the end of the post after a Liverpool defeat totally out of context or on the flimsiest of possible bases is not inflammatory

you're probably the type of lad who thinks the "always the victim" chant is "banter"

Liverpool were beaten fair and square and there has been a deluge of "banter" coming our way, fair enough, people have been waiting a long time to have a dig, but any of it that even hints at cheapening the hillsborough campaign can gtfo, to use your own eloquent terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's all getting a bit sour in here. Chelsea won everyone except liverpool fans are happy. Lock it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Some coincidence.

Yeah Lloyd uses it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

some people do a perfectly good job of painting themselves as animals and you can GTFO if you think someone writing justice in caps lock at the end of the post after a Liverpool defeat totally out of context or on the flimsiest of possible bases is not inflammatory

you're probably the type of lad who thinks the "always the victim" chant is "banter"

Liverpool were beaten fair and square and there has been a deluge of "banter" coming our way, fair enough, people have been waiting a long time to have a dig, but any of it that even hints at cheapening the hillsborough campaign can gtfo, to use your own eloquent terms

I actually actually associated pool fans with overuse of justice separate to hillsborough tbf. It was used at every opportunity for a while for on field matters so who really cheapened it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool fans letting off fireworks and calling the Chelsea hotel all night before the game trying to disturb the players.
    Liverpool bringing Luis Garcia onto the pitch before the game to try and annoy Chelsea.
    Liverpool fans singing ''we're guna win the league'' every weekend as though they were 20 points clear.

JUSTICE.

You do know there where no fans that the hotel that was people on twitter having fun, some did call the front desk but from the video that was posted they where hung up right away.

Luis Garcia has been back in Liverpool since last week, was playing in the 96 celebration match last Monday.

Oh dear match going fans singing in hope of winning the league, dear me what you going to stop them chanting next???

Some coincidence.

Why do people not just name the posters they're thinking of? :confused:
    RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah Lloyd uses it all the time.

Yeah I often do in relation to a variety of topics, and Hillsborough never crosses my mind when using it. If someone was to post it on the soccer forum in relation to a Liverpool loss / setback and it's something they post in other scenarios then absolutely fair enough. If they only use it when it comes to Liverpool though, well...that may very well be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Yeah I often do in relation to a variety of topics, and Hillsborough never crosses my mind when using it. If someone was to post it on the soccer forum in relation to a Liverpool loss / setback and it's something they post in other scenarios then absolutely fair enough. If they only use it when it comes to Liverpool though, well...that may very well be different.

What if it's onlu used in relation to pool to satirize pool fans. Zilch to do with takinf the piss outta hillsborough. Think of the slaggin anderson got after the copa final and bayern game.

What if it's onlu used in relation to pool to satirize pool fans. Zilch to do with takinf the piss outta hillsborough

:confused:
    Think of the slaggin anderson got after the copa final and bayern game.

:confused:

If I answer that it could be construed as a comment on the moderating of the forum. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Were any of you pool or chelsea at the game yesterday? Tgere are disgusting rumors going here and seen few on facebook saying that the clashes outside anfield were to do with chelsea fans spitting on hillsborough memorial and i seen a report http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2614427/Steven-Gerrard-taunts-lead-Liverpool-Chelsea-fans-clashing-outside-Anfield.html

Just dont know why people lower themselves like this tbh. Otger stories saying pool fans were outside chelsea hotel all night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't think the spitting part it true, not the first time it's being claimed either. Everton and United have being accused in the past but it turned out to be bull****.

Were any of you pool or chelsea at the game yesterday? Tgere are disgusting rumors going here and seen few on facebook saying that the clashes outside anfield were to do with chelsea fans spitting on hillsborough memorial and i seen a report http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2614427/Steven-Gerrard-taunts-lead-Liverpool-Chelsea-fans-clashing-outside-Anfield.html

Just dont know why people lower themselves like this tbh. Otger stories saying pool fans were outside chelsea hotel all night.

Fights happen after tons of matches so that's a non story imo.

Spitting on the memorial (if true), or any memorial for that matter is disgusting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Had a mate at the game , kicked off because of the chants about Stevie G , A young lad (15-17 he thinks) lost the head and dragged a few more Gob$!$%$ into a little mill up .

All over before it started really ,

This would of been a massive story last night and today if there was any truth to it , also in todays day and age Im sure there would of been CCTV Footage , Camera Phone Footage and pics none of which exist .

I see bigger fights outside supermacs on saturday nights.

Let lads from both sides flatten each other if they want, off with them.

Who won the scuffle? Chelsea?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Liamalone wrote: »
    Who won the scuffle? Chelsea?

The Law Won ,

Couple got lifted , Police were quick on the scene

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Typical of certain Pool fans to fabricate a story of Chelsea fans spitting on the memorial, I suppose it was to be expected though as it suits the victim image that some strive to portray.

No reliable info on the spitting allegations yet these baseless rumors get thrown around like confetti, truly disgusting. The fights were almost certainly due to Pool fans being very upset and emotional and they just couldn't handle the slagging of Gerrard and lashed out.

Typical of certain Pool fans to fabricate a story of Chelsea fans spitting on the memorial, I suppose it was to be expected though as it suits the victim image that some strive to portray.

No reliable info on the spitting allegations yet these baseless rumors get thrown around like confetti, truly disgusting. The fights were almost certainly due to Pool fans being very upset and emotional and they just couldn't handle the slagging of Gerrard and lashed out.

It always happens that things are said to of happened , I didnt see many, actually any Pool fans on here saying it happened , the question was asked that is all ,

The victim shout especially to the online Pool posters here should be retracted as its only bound to provoke a reaction and they have not being saying it happened .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

RasTa wrote: »
    Don't think the spitting part it true, not the first time it's being claimed either. Everton and United have being accused in the past but it turned out to be bull****.

Pure speculation from you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

It always happens that things are said to of happened , I didnt see many, actually any Pool fans on here saying it happened , the question was asked that is all ,

The victim shout especially to the online Pool posters here should be retracted as its only bound to provoke a reaction and they have not being saying it happened .

I didn't specifically say Pool fans on here were saying it, its all over facebook and other places.

As was already said, these rumors were thrown around with Everton and United too.

• Advertisement

8xvcls.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lets keep discussion about the match and not what may or have happened after or before. It adds nothing to the discussion and only serves to needlessly rile people up. Anymore mentions of it will be considered baiting.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement