Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea Sunday April 27th KO 14:05 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Such a confrontational attitude....it doesn't really matter, it's not my opinion but I will keep saying it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That's all well and good but it doesn't exactly support your earlier post regarding the top teams.

See, what happened here is you got to the party a little late, you missed out on this post
    kryogen wrote: »
    It will be bandied about, it being the weakest league in years will also be bandied about. It doesn't really matter though, the winning run Liverpool have gone on has been outstanding and the team will be worthy winners of the league this year.

which kind of shows you, by stating literally, that I think Liverpool will be worthy winners of the league this year. Then came the quesiton
    People say it's the weakest league in years? Really!? I would have thought as a general rule that the tighter things are, the generally more competitive things are. Many teams have raised their game this season so to be sitting a top of the pile is some achievement. In a lot of ways it's more impressive than running away with the league.

To which there was the reply
    Of course, the huge drop off from United, Chelsea being without a decent striker and dropping ridiculous points, City dropping points in places you wouldnt expect at all and totally ****ting the bag on the run in, Arsenal being, well, Arsenal, all leads people to say it is the weakest league in years.

The top teams have all fallen off in terms of consistency.

As I said, it doesnt matter anyway

I hope that clears that up for you

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Such a confrontational attitude....it doesn't really matter, it's not my opinion but I will keep saying it anyway.

So I should just not reply then? But you got put out when I didnt reply to a chap a few minutes ago....right.

My attitude to this is pretty laid back, my opinion is that Liverpool have been the best team this year, they will be worthy winners.

If thats confrontational then....well, Im at a loss tbh

Asked if people really have the viewpoint, answered it and explained why.

People losing their **** on a message board (see Mr Alan) is par for the course really, but nothing to get worked up over or confrontational about, yet anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The league is more or less of the same strength of last season, except a team who normally average over 85 points have spectacularly collapsed. Only to be replaced by another team with that potential total. Liverpool and Everton are stronger this season. United and Spurs worse. Not much of a difference for everyone else so it pretty much cancels out as equal imo. City and Chelsea are slightly stronger but that is negligible as they both profited from United and Spurs collapse, they are still overally inconsistent teams.

I guess in terms of potential obstacles United being so shìt would probably be seen as an easier run at it but that's more a musing than anything, overall nothing much has changed quality wise except the names of the teams in 1st and 7th and 5th and 6th have switched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well, this is fun.

Knex. wrote: »
    Well, this is fun.

Back to the topic of the match then?

Come on Chelsea B team!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

As a Chelsea fan can't see past a Liverpool win to be honest.

Chelsea minds on the bigger picture Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Back to the topic of the match then?

Come on Chelsea B team!!

Wonder do the Chelsea fans have any jinx , reverse jinx happening other than the B team thingy ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The league is over, liverpool can't throw it away at this stage. Playing at home against a weakened chelsea team who have one eye on europe is what their dreams are made of.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liam O wrote: »
    The league is more or less of the same strength of last season, except a team who normally average over 85 points have spectacularly collapsed. Only to be replaced by another team with that potential total. Liverpool and Everton are stronger this season. United and Spurs worse. Not much of a difference for everyone else so it pretty much cancels out as equal imo. City and Chelsea are slightly stronger but that is negligible as they both profited from United and Spurs collapse, they are still overally inconsistent teams.

I guess in terms of potential obstacles United being so shìt would probably be seen as an easier run at it but that's more a musing than anything, overall nothing much has changed quality wise except the names of the teams in 1st and 7th and 5th and 6th have switched.

5 of the top 7 will likely surpass last season's points total, Spurs will equal theirs if they win their last 2 games, and only utd have massively regressed in terms of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

See, what happened here is you got to the party a little late, you missed out on this post

I've been here all along so less of the condescension please, sonny.
    which kind of shows you, by stating literally, that I think Liverpool will be worthy winners of the league this year. Then came the quesiton

To which there was the reply

I hope that clears that up for you

No, you see what I was getting at, was you shifting the goalposts after what you said was shown to be untrue.
    Of course, the huge drop off from United, Chelsea being without a decent striker and dropping ridiculous points, City dropping points in places you wouldnt expect at all and totally ****ting the bag on the run in, Arsenal being, well, Arsenal, all leads people to say it is the weakest league in years.

The top teams have all fallen off in terms of consistency.

As I said, it doesnt matter anyway

Chucky's post on the points per game of the teams currently occupying the top four (five if you want to include Everton) showed this to be untrue. You then go on to state points totals don't matter despite talking about teams dropping points in silly places in your previous post as evidence the league is now weaker. The only top team to have a significant drop in consistency is Man U but Liverpool improved dramatically so the clubs essentially just traded places.
    Points totals of the better teams is hardly a bar o meter for saying the league was tougher though, the better team can point to his points total and say, look! more points = better, where as a critic can say, yeah, more points because the rest of the fodder in the league has been worse then normal this year.

You can go round in circles all you want with it really, or you can use your eyes and make your own mind up on it.

You're seemingly just arguing that the teams outside the top five are weaker without anything to back that up. The points totals between various league positions is very similar for this season and last so unless you can offer up some way of measuring the strength of a league in any given season you're just pissing in the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The league is over, liverpool can't throw it away at this stage. Playing at home against a weakened chelsea team who have one eye on europe is what their dreams are made of.

Nah Liverpool will bottle it. They will lose tomorrow and completely lose their nerve and finish 3rd.

Sure we can't be weaker anyway, didn't Sakho break the weights machine on his first day.

Or was is Cissokho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Knex. wrote: »
    Sure we can't be weaker anyway, didn't Sakho break the weights machine on his first day.

Or was is Cissokho?

I'm afraid to look at Sakho's eyes.

I've been here all along so less of the condescension please, sonny.

You're seemingly just arguing that the teams outside the top five are weaker without anything to back that up. The points totals between various positions league positions is very similar for this season and last so unless you can offer up some way of measuring the strength of a league in any given season you're just pissing in the wind.

If you were here all along, why do you think I am arguing something when I have already said I am not?

As an aside, I think, though I havent looked back, that someone already responded to Chuckys post?

Once more dad, I am not arguing the position the league is weaker. Ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Meglamonia wrote: »
    I'm afraid to look at Sakho's eyes.

sddefault.jpg

hCD0FD2A5

Now that we have the sparring out of the way...

Almost game time! I is very excite. High five!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm an ordinary man, nothin' special nothin' grand,
    I've had to work for everything I own,
    Well I never asked for a lot, I was happy with what I got,
    Enough to keep my family and my home,

Where's the relevance to the match I hear you ask?
    Fuct if I know, it's late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Eto'o, Hazard, Terry, Torres, David Luiz, Willian, Ramires, Cech all not with the Chelsea team at Formby Hall. Via @MarkHughes_

Mark Hughes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mark Hughes?

Just seen it on twitter, seems be someone from Liverpool with a few thousand twitter followers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm an ordinary man, nothin' special nothin' grand,
    I've had to work for everything I own,
    Well I never asked for a lot, I was happy with what I got,
    Enough to keep my family and my home,

Where's the relevance to the match I hear you ask?
    Fuct if I know, it's late.
    You losing it, dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If Mark Hughes turns up, Liverpool are definitely losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Eto'o, Hazard, Terry, Torres, David Luiz, Willian, Ramires, Cech all not with the Chelsea team at Formby Hall. Via @MarkHughes_

Not altogether surprised TBH.
    Gav gave an indication to the likely team earlier on in the thread based on who's ineligible/can't play against AM midweek.
    Can see a few fresh faces tomorrow.

Question is who will be the back four.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    At the moment I think our team will be

Hilario

?? ?? ?? ??
    Matic Mikel Lamps
    Salah Ba Schurrle

Fill in the blanks, Although our back line for the UCL game will probably be Azp, Cahill Ivan, Cole and Luiz in CM so the starting back four for the Anfield game is anyones guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The question isn't whether this is the weakest league in history, it is really, the question is will Moses play?

Whoever holds the Moses holds the key to victory, therefore I can only see a Liverpool win

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The question isn't whether this is the weakest league in history, it is really, the question is will Moses play?

Whoever holds the Moses holds the key to victory, therefore I can only see a Liverpool win

I'm as likely to play tomorrow as Moses is.

Moses just hopes that everyone has a really good time out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

James ‏@zwerxn 1h
    Reckon Victor Moses has been left outside Formby Hall in a baby basket for when they wake up in the morning?
    :D

There's a link doing the rounds tonight of the Chelsea Hotel reception with the phones ringing like mad.

On my phone, can't linky linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

mike65 wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Think this needs to be posted again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

It will be nice to not see moses on the bench if nothing else happens tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is Hazard fit? Conflicting reports whether a) he's fit b) he'll even start.

As a Liverpool fan i genuinely hope he plays.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is Hazard fit? Conflicting reports whether a) he's fit b) he'll even start.

As a Liverpool fan i genuinely hope he plays.

I wouldn't believe anything from the Chelsea camp until I see the players on the pitch

Well thats just it mate.
    No matter what, cant see past a chelsea win, 0-3 i reckon, if we're lucky. And we're not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Meglamonia wrote: »
    As a Chelsea fan can't see past a Liverpool win to be honest.

Chelsea minds on the bigger picture Wednesday.

I don't believe that for a minute. Mourhino will be going all out for the win against Liverpool. Because the only way Chelsea can win the title is for both Liverpool and City to drop points. Tomorrow's game gives Chelsea the opportunity to make one half of that equation happen and then they gotta hope either Palace or Everton (or both) take points off City. If Chelsea beat Liverpool then they'll easily go on to take six points from Norwich and Cardiff and hope to become Premier League Champions. Some people are saying that Liverpool are Champions elect but a Chelsea win at Anfield will have the bookies scrambling to change their odds and announce a new favourite. Make no mistake the result of this game has a massive influence as to where the trophy ends up and all this talk of Mourhino fielding a weakened team is just bull, he's got a 26 man squad designed for competing for multiple trophies so there is no way he is holding back come 2.05pm. Tomorrow is the last throw of the dice for Chelsea's entire Premier League campaign so there is no way Mourinho is going into it seeking anything other than a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I've come to the acceptance that it's Liverpool's now, I hope we at least put up a fight. Injuries really not helping though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I wouldn't believe anything from the Chelsea camp until I see the players on the pitch

Thats assuming chelsea even put out a team, poor likkle ponies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

A message from the man himself!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

Liverpool have little to no chance tomorrow. At best it'll be a draw. I am so confident in this, I shall refuse to post in soccer forum for the next two weeks.

86f667437640e446f11657bbc50f7f99.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Nice to see my original claim verified. :) Just because one team has turned to ****e doesn't mean other teams haven't stepped it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I don't believe that for a minute. Mourhino will be going all out for the win against Liverpool. Because the only way Chelsea can win the title is for both Liverpool and City to drop points. Tomorrow's game gives Chelsea the opportunity to make one half of that equation happen and then they gotta hope either Palace or Everton (or both) take points off City. If Chelsea beat Liverpool then they'll easily go on to take six points from Norwich and Cardiff and hope to become Premier League Champions. Some people are saying that Liverpool are Champions elect but a Chelsea win at Anfield will have the bookies scrambling to change their odds and announce a new favourite. Make no mistake the result of this game has a massive influence as to where the trophy ends up and all this talk of Mourhino fielding a weakened team is just bull, he's got a 26 man squad designed for competing for multiple trophies so there is no way he is holding back come 2.05pm. Tomorrow is the last throw of the dice for Chelsea's entire Premier League campaign so there is no way Mourinho is going into it seeking anything other than a win.

If Chelsea win, pool are still 2 points ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

BmNvXjRCQAASzI7.jpg

Should go down well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Should go down well :D

Legendary scouse wit. Excellent alignment of the lettering though, and I can't fault the spelling, maybe needs a comma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Chelsea are surely going to be focusing all their energy on the Champions League now the title is pretty much gone, that is why so many (myself included) dont see much to suggest the Liverpool juggernaut is going to crash anytime soon (unfortunately)

Chelsea will make changes, but it will still be a very strong team they put out. Stronger than what 80% of other premiership teams could hope to field. Those players will be trying to catch Jose's eye for a possible inclusion in the CL semi or possibly a final. Also, they'd love to stick one to Liverpool.

I'm certain that Chelsea will have a very strong and very motivated team of players on the pitch. At the same time Liverpool are almost over the line, they are certain to have some nerves. This is going to be Liverpool's toughest test yet. That's why I'm going for Chelsea to win 1-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Legendary scouse wit. Excellent alignment of the lettering though, and I can't fault the spelling, maybe needs a comma.

Classic Chelsea.......eh...um...ehhhh. I'll get back to you.

I would have went with a semicolon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Chelsea will make changes, but it will still be a very strong team they put out. Stronger than what 80% of other premiership teams could hope to field. Those players will be trying to catch Jose's eye for a possible inclusion in the CL semi or possibly a final. Also, they'd love to stick one to Liverpool.

I'm certain that Chelsea will have a very strong and very motivated team of players on the pitch. At the same time Liverpool are almost over the line, they are certain to have some nerves. This is going to be Liverpool's toughest test yet. That's why I'm going for Chelsea to win 1-2.

I agree, pool get an early goal while Chelsea are still parking the bus and then they sneak 2 on the counter.
    No way Liverpool can win this, Chelsea are so far ahead of us with their game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Chelsea will probably play

Ivanovich, Cahill, Cole, ?
    lamps, mikel, schurle, salah, matic
    Ba up front

Not exactly a weak team !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jack Dunn and Joao Carlos Teixeira in the match squad, though only one will start be on the bench surely?

Just seen the PP price Chelsea are 4.50! You'd be crazy not to back them*

* I'm not backing them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement