Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea Sunday April 27th KO 14:05 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If Chelsea win, pool are still 2 points ahead.

For sure but if Chelsea win it means the destiny of the title is no longer in Liverpools hands. We need 7 points from the remaining 9 to guarantee the title, if we lose today and still beat Palace and Newcastle and City win all their remaining games then City will win it by one point. If Chelsea do beat Liverpool today then I can see Liverpool being a bag of nerves going down to Crystal Palace and the title could easily swing City's way pretty quick.

Mourinho might be going around saying that the CL is his priority. But if Chelsea beat Liverpool today and Palace beat City then the bookies will have Chelsea installed as the new favourites come six o clock this evening. Everything could change very quickly this afternoon and Chelsea are not out of this by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

hoping for a clean sheet for linda
    2- pool
    luis with a brace

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Seems I was correct all along.

rumour; Hazard starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Simon Mignolet Henrique Hilario
    Glen Johnson Branislav Ivanovic
    Mamadou Sakho Ashley Cole
    Martin Skrtel Gary Cahill
    John Flanagan Tomas Kalas
    Steven Gerrard Frank Lampard
    Philippe Coutinho John Obi Mikel
    Joe Allen Andre Schurrle
    Luis Suarez Mohamed Salah
    Daniel Sturridge Nemanja Matic
    Raheem Sterling Demba Ba

Haven't seen teams posted, saw these on Livescore. Don't know if they right.

And sorry for the woeful editing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Chelsea fans poll on weaintgotnohistory.com

How strong a team would you field on Sunday?

58% I don't care about this match anymore, so let's start eleven players that won't be needed on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

58% I don't care about this match anymore, so let's start eleven players that won't be needed on Wednesday.

BREAKING NEWS: 100% of Liverpool fans don't give a flying shite what Chelsea fans think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hopefully Lampard starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If Chelsea lose and Arsenal win tomorrow, they will only be 2 points ahead of them and Arsenal likely to win their two remaining games.

Risky enough by Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea win they go 2 points behind top, I doubt Mourinho holds the same mindset as those Chelsea fans

• Advertisement

There is not a snow balls chance in hell Mourinho will field a weakened team.

The surprising thing is not that people think he might, its more so they have not seen through Mourinho's huff & bluff by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Agueroooo wrote: »
    There is not a snow balls chance in hell Mourinho will field a weakened team.

The surprising thing is not that people think he might, its more so they have not seen through Mourinho's huff & bluff by now.

If the team that I've posted up is the team, then there's some players who I wouldn't call weak too easily. Will be a fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I reckon a dodgy decision will decide this game. Common enough theme this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Seems I was correct all along.

rumour; Hazard starts.
    He's not with the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

MD1990 wrote: »
    He's not with the squad

Probably safely stowed away in a laundry basket somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool XI vs Chelsea:

Mignolet,
    Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan,
    Gerrard,
    Lucas--Allen,
    Coutinho,
    Sterling, Suarez

Subs: Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Alberto, Aspas, Sturridge

you might take this with a keg of salt

"@HarrisonYung: Chelsea XI: Schwarzer; Ivanovic, Kalas, luiz, A.Cole; Lampard, Matic, Salah, Mikel, Ba, Lewis Baker

• Advertisement

Baker..interesting.

scored a nice goal for u21 during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Liverpool FC ✔ @LFC
    Confirmed #LFC team v @chelseafc: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez

Liverpool FC ✔ @LFC
    Confirmed #LFC subs v @chelseafc: Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Alberto, Aspas, Sturridge

good to have Sturridge as an option off the bench.
    he was brillant last season when he came on against Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Chelsea win they go 2 points behind top, I doubt Mourinho holds the same mindset as those Chelsea fans

With two games to go and needing City & Liverpool to both lose at least one each while winning both their remaining games. And that's if they beat Liverpool at Anfield

Chelsea's goal difference means they're effectively 3 behind if they win. They're not 30/1 for the title for no reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I thought you weren't allowed field a weakened team, remember wolves few years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I thought you weren't allowed field a weakened team, remember wolves few years ago?

ONly because McCarthy admitted to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

SantryRed wrote: »
    ONly because McCarthy admitted to it.

Hasn't Jose?

Schwarzer/Azpilicueta Kalas Ivanovic Cole/Matic Mikel/Salah Lampard Schurrle/Ba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That "rule" was tweaked after Blackpool controversy in 2011 - the rule now is that you cannot pack a team with U21s. Chelseas weak team is better than most first 11s.

Schwarzer - Azpilicueta Kalas Ivanovic Cole - Matic Mikel - Salah Lampard Schurrle - Ba is hardly a poor side.

There's not much the FA will do. This game should have been pushed to Saturday, but Sky are more important than the English teams doing well in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Still waiting on conformation of joses "weak" team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chelsea team v Liverpool: Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Kalas, Cole; Lampard (c), Mikel, Matic; Salah, Ba, Schurrle.

Subs v Liverpool: Hilario, Ake, Cahill, Van Ginkel, Baker, Willian, Torres.

↑ confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

klose wrote: »
    Still waiting on conformation of joses "weak" team

It's been confirmed, Kalas starts at the back, Schwartzer in goal, no real surprises elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chelsea dont have a weak team regardless of who goes out, but the big guns will be kept for CL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Easy win for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Some weird spellings of Hazard going on there. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

The weak team lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Muahahaha wrote: »
    For sure but if Chelsea win it means the destiny of the title is no longer in Liverpools hands. We need 7 points from the remaining 9 to guarantee the title, if we lose today and still beat Palace and Newcastle and City win all their remaining games then City will win it by one point. If Chelsea do beat Liverpool today then I can see Liverpool being a bag of nerves going down to Crystal Palace and the title could easily swing City's way pretty quick.

Goal difference will win it for City if we only get 6 points from 9. If they win their games itll be level points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

wow Jose's mind games eh?

Cahill and Luiz rested, think he has rotated well. Great chance for Kalas to prove himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Ivanovic and Kalas in the middle = Suarez field day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Johner wrote: »
    Chelsea team v Liverpool: Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Kalas, Cole; Lampard (c), Mikel, Matic; Salah, Ba, Schurrle.

Subs v Liverpool: Hilario, Ake, Cahill, Van Ginkel, Baker, Willian, Torres.

Going to be hard to break down that team and yet we need to be very careful of schurrle and salah threatening up top . With Sturridge out and Lucas in I think it's makes joses defensive set up even harder to break down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Easy three points for liverpool. Should be a rout.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Weak team my ass lol....This is going to be a hell of a test for Liverpool.

Liverpool's average age is still well below Chelsea starting line up and I won't mention the difference in cost.

Come on you Redmen

YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

nullzero wrote: »
    Easy three points for liverpool. Should be a rout.

I disagree, less than 3 goals in the match. Id guess 1-1, big bus parked in anfield today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Weak team my ass lol....This is going to be a hell of a test for Liverpool.

What would a weak Chelsea team look like out of curiousity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

well this will be a mugging so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What team were people expecting though? :pac: It is a weakened team with 6 or 7 first team starters out but that doesn't mean it's not a strong enough team. Still think we will be beat by a couple though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wonder if the center back pairing for Chelsea have played together before.

Assuming I'm allowed post about an app freely available on the App store, "Mobdro" might be of use to some people today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A clear 4-0 win for Chelsea with total domination by Chelsea, all over by half time.

Kalas is a quick defender.Wonder if they will play a high line & press us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

kryogen wrote: »
    What would a weak Chelsea team look like out of curiousity?

Man United in blue :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement