Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work placement - can I survive in Dublin on 300 euro a week?

Options
  • 23-04-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just got offered a job placement with a company in Sandyford.
    My weekly income will be net 300 euro a week. I am currently based in Limerick and I haven't lived in Dublin for over 10 years so am out of the loop.
    Will I be able to survive in Dublin on 300 a week? The main concern is affordable accomodation.
    The company need to know by Friday if I will accept or not so I'm a little stressed wondering whether I can afford to do it or not.
    What do you think?
    Any tips/advice very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If you don't mind sharing an apt or a house with others, then yes, living in Dublin on 1,200 euros a month is certainly doable. Have a look at Daft.ie in the Sharing section for what is available. If you don't have a car, get somewhere where you can walk to work, that will save you money on buses/train/Luas fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

PhD students are doing it every day...totally possible. Best of luck with your placement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Yeah its doable. Thats wage of a low income worker, so you will survive. If you look for it, most business have discounts during the week eg €5 cinema tickets, 25% off meals etc. People who generally dont have money in Dublin, are people who dont use it wisely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If you do iwind up living somewhere where you have to commute to work by public transport, find out if your employers is part of the Tax Saver scheme. It can save you a bunch of money.

Advertisement