Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World Lost Receipt - Unopened Product

Options
  • 23-04-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a product in PC World/Currys (1 day ago) , but I can't find the receipt anywhere.

I haven't opened it or anything yet.

If I go into the shop tomorrow would I be able to get a receipt ? I paid with Cash not card :/.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bosley1421

It is possible for them to print you another receipt from their epos system as far as I know. If you can find the person who dealt with you, that may be your best bet to get one.
    Failing that, a CCTV check and a till product match should prove you bought it there.

I've done it myself in retail as a manager for customers, especially with high value items. It's nice to be nice and it's usually not too much hassle for the shop if you come in the very next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

I would say it depends on the item.if it's a big purchase say a camera or tv...something they wouldn't sell a lot per day then it shouldn't be a problem locating it.also they may have taken details for Warrenty purposes.
    however if it was a packet of batteries(something that they'd sell in high volume and not take any information) then it's a bit more difficult I would imagine.
    You more than likly gonna be looked after however without proof of purchase you are not entitled to any redress...nor are they obliged to print you out a new one...

Advertisement