Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre not working since installation

Options
  • 23-04-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I've given Eircom a reasonable opportunity to resolve the ongoing problems since installation of my eFibre via phone calls and patience. Unfortunately this has proved fruitless and I feel the need to post it on here and hopefully escalate it.

KN installed on 11th April. Within 10 minutes it was dead - no broadband. I won't post the full sorry saga on here, but I have it fully documented and hopefully Eircom do too. Can you please update me on the status of case number 1395202 as soon as possible.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sumo12 wrote: »
    I've given Eircom a reasonable opportunity to resolve the ongoing problems since installation of my eFibre via phone calls and patience. Unfortunately this has proved fruitless and I feel the need to post it on here and hopefully escalate it.

KN installed on 11th April. Within 10 minutes it was dead - no broadband. I won't post the full sorry saga on here, but I have it fully documented and hopefully Eircom do too. Can you please update me on the status of case number 1395202 as soon as possible.

Thank you
    Hi sumo12

I'm very sorry to hear this, I have raised this to technical support and have requested that this be escalated considering the delays incurred so far. As soon as I have feedback or further information on this I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Thanks Al
    I'd appreciate if you could keep the pressure on - I know it's a first world problem, but I'd really like broadband for the weekend....especially seeing as I'm paying for it!!!

Hold that thought, I've had two calls from engineer this morning. Hopefully it is getting sorted.

Hold that thought, I've had two calls from engineer this morning. Hopefully it is getting sorted.
    Hi sumo12

Hopefully so, I've been informed it has been prioritised however that's the latest update I have so far.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan
    Any further update on this? I was on phone to tech support again on Saturday morning and another engineer is to call out but I haven't heard anything.  Broadband has been largely not working since engineer was out. Little bursts of activity on the line and then dies again.

Any help appreciated....

• Advertisement

Hi Alan
    Any further update on this? I was on phone to tech support again on Saturday morning and another engineer is to call out but I haven't heard anything.  Broadband has been largely not working since engineer was out. Little bursts of activity on the line and then dies again.

Any help appreciated....

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi sumo12

I have escalated this to the highest level however I am yet to receive a further update. I can assure you that I will continue to chase this up until we have a resolution.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Thanks Al. Engineer was out today for well over an hour. Discussed issue at length on phone with him (neighbour let him in) he put new connections outisde house, checked line at cabinet and changed the socket box inside the house too as a precaution. He used internet for quite some time while he was here and it was ok. Really thought we had it resolved as when I got home the signal was the most stable it's been and I was able to stream tv for about 40 mins with no issue. About half an hour later it was gone though. It came back a while later but whilst on a facetime call it went again. As a precaution, I have moved the modem as far as the cable will stretch and disconnected and removed my cordless house phone completely. I know this is not a wifi signal issue, but I was concerned that some electrical interference is causing static or in some way affecting the wired signal. As usual, all green lights on modem.

All the guys in tech support I have spoken to on the phone and the engineers that have come to the house have been exemplary. I cannot fault the service I have received from eircom and the attention that has been given to resolving this issue. I am exasperated now though as everything has been replaced but still I have loss of broadband for indefinite periods. I understand that intermittent faults are the hardest to find. I'm not sure what can be done next, maybe you can pass this latest report on to your tech guys and get them to review the whole case please?

Thanks for your help so far, here is the most recent speed test - no download connection at all.

Thanks Al. Engineer was out today for well over an hour. Discussed issue at length on phone with him (neighbour let him in) he put new connections outisde house, checked line at cabinet and changed the socket box inside the house too as a precaution. He used internet for quite some time while he was here and it was ok. Really thought we had it resolved as when I got home the signal was the most stable it's been and I was able to stream tv for about 40 mins with no issue. About half an hour later it was gone though. It came back a while later but whilst on a facetime call it went again. As a precaution, I have moved the modem as far as the cable will stretch and disconnected and removed my cordless house phone completely. I know this is not a wifi signal issue, but I was concerned that some electrical interference is causing static or in some way affecting the wired signal. As usual, all green lights on modem.

All the guys in tech support I have spoken to on the phone and the engineers that have come to the house have been exemplary. I cannot fault the service I have received from eircom and the attention that has been given to resolving this issue. I am exasperated now though as everything has been replaced but still I have loss of broadband for indefinite periods. I understand that intermittent faults are the hardest to find. I'm not sure what can be done next, maybe you can pass this latest report on to your tech guys and get them to review the whole case please?

Thanks for your help so far, here is the most recent speed test - no download connection at all.
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi sumo12

Thanks you for your very kind feedback. I'm sorry to hear the issues have surfaced again -and so soon after technician was out. I will of course raise the information you have given above to technical support and request that this case is not closed off.

As soon as I have further information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

Thanks Al.
    I am going to purchase a length of cat5 cable and run a temporary link to my mac to confirm 100% that the broadband drop is total and not just across wifi. Again, just to rule this out. I'll update you with further information which may help to solve this puzzle.

Regards

Thanks Al.
    I am going to purchase a length of cat5 cable and run a temporary link to my mac to confirm 100% that the broadband drop is total and not just across wifi. Again, just to rule this out. I'll update you with further information which may help to solve this puzzle.

Regards
    That's a good idea sumo12

Keep me updated please.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi sumo12

I've just had further updates on this,

I have had confirmation that Technical support are arranging a technician out to you on Tuesday the 6th of May. They have also advised me that you will receive a call before they call out to you again

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al.
    I'll try the cable in the meantime as well.

Regards

Thanks Al.
    I'll try the cable in the meantime as well.

Regards
    Thanks sumo12

Do let me know if there are improvements in the meantime please.

Al

Advertisement