Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaner

• 23-04-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi , I'm looking for a cleaning product to help remove stains and buff up the colour on the gel coat any suggestions would be grateful

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

On what, how bad, what colour...little bit more info will help a lot.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi Trophyfishing welcome to the forum, as moonshadow said it depends on what you are trying to remover be it water stain, rust or just an off colour gelcoat that you want buff out. Most marine shops sell products like boat buddy or starbrite that will do the cleaning, if you are looking for a compound for buffing the gelcoat it may depend on how bad it is as to what grade cutting compound to get. A photo might help if you have one plus we like to see boats:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trophyfishing

Thanks, I'm new to this thing , it's a yellow trophy pro and the white decking on it is gone a bit yellowish and the yellow on the outside has just gotten pale as it kept outside for winter . I used y10 for the white but haven't seen much change in colour
    Thanks again

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Try a bit of car wax on the outside to see if that will bring it up if not try a compound "white not one of the pink ones" I like to use G3 you could also try this on the deck start somewhere out of the way first if that doesn't work try one of the boat cleaners I think lockmaster used Grunt on his boat and was very happy with it boatbuddy also do a 3 stage cleaner that works well.

Advertisement