Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAS scheme

Options
  • 23-04-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,I'm looking for information on the HAS scheme.
    Housing Assistance Scheme is replacing the outdated rent supplement scheme in 2014.
    Pilot scheme to start in limerick.
    I can't find anything else on this long overdue upgrade and updated overhaul of the rent supplement trap.

Any info guys would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭KALO

Hi I've read that article, I thought there would be more info about this payment by now.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

KALO wrote: »
    Hi I've read that article, I thought there would be more info about this payment by now.
    Thanks anyway.

Try contact limerick county council there running it for now so far its only a limited trial ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Nice to see they are trying to do something constructive to help people not remain dependent on the state. There is however a bit of problem with such schemes, it seems incredibly unfair to many who are struggling on their own.

There is also talk of allowing single parents keep benefits when they start a new relationship and they move in together.

I don't think the public will be happy about these things so political pressure may stop them. It just gives you some idea of why such systems are hard to change.

I can actually see it from both sides and see that the unpopular move may be best overall but it is going to be a hard sell.

Advertisement