Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP BDOS 000000ed on xp home

Options
  • 24-04-2014 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys

need a bit of help
    really skint so i had to learn how to do a few things and here i am w bsod and cannot do anything. I have original cd but it has only original os and i believe recovery console will not work because the laptop had sp3. I cannot absolutely afford any kind of pro help so pls help me here. Need it desperately as i do some voluntary work on it. Also reinstall s not an option as i need to recover my files.
    full error code is 0x000000ed ( 0x865a1900, 0xc000009c, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Thank you so much for everything

PS if this isnt correct place to post can you pls not delete post and tell me where to post? Thanks

Comments

0x000000ED is an unmountable boot volume.

Try the recovery console, it will probably work for this. Run chkdsk /p from the recovery console command prompt. It could be a sign of a failing hard disk though.

Advertisement