Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google breaks CAPTCHA

Options
  • 24-04-2014 12:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/16/googles-new-street-view-image-recognition-algorithm-can-beat-most-captchas/

""""Here is an interesting conundrum for Google: it has created an algorithm that’s significantly better at reading street numbers in Street View images, which helps it give you more accurate directions. At the same time, though, it turns out that this algorithm is so good, it can decipher 99 percent of CAPTCHAs (those squiggly text puzzles you often have to solve to prove you are human).

Google’s new algorithm for detecting street numbers can accurately detect and read difficult numbers in Street View 90 percent of the time, Google disclosed today. According to a joint paper by Google’s Street View and reCAPTCHA teams (PDF), recognizing this kind of data in natural photographs is a pretty hard problem. Just think of all the variations in lighting and issues with motion and focus blur. At the same time, it’s also essential for Google’s mapping efforts to get this data from these images.""""

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Hopefully some webtext android app builds this functionality into the app so vodafone can stick their captcha and constant changes right up their...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Fair play to google, I feckin hate hate CAPTCHA, at 90% success rate I'd say its doing better than I manage :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Mr Reese

And now a Face Recognition Algorithm thats better than Humans.

h**ps://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/2c567adbf7fc

change the ** to tt

Site wouldn't let me post with a URL at all now. Fu*k sake.

Advertisement