Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport House indoor play area fees

Options
  • 24-04-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

On holidays in mayo from donegal for a week. Got the train to westport from castlebar with my son as he had never been on one before (being from donegal).walked the mile (approx) into towncentre. It started to rain so asked tourist office lady were there any indoor play areas. She told me to go to westport hse - 6 euro for play area indoors. As we walked up hill towards quay saw a side rd with big entrance to westport hse. Went down but was stopped on way in and told it would cost me 5 euros to walk on the grounds on the way to the indoor play area. Was told if i went the long way around it was free to enter the grounds. I had no car, was carrying my 4 yr old son and it was raining..elderly man beside me got the same medicine.. i thought westport was supposed to b the place for tourism in the west.. got the indoor play centre in castlebar on way home but still couldnt understand logic...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

What a rip off! Thought about going there at weekend. Went on their website
    - €57 for Family Pass! For what? To see an oul house and a garden
    We gave it a miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

gammygils wrote: »
    - €57 for Family Pass! For what? To see an oul house and a garden
    We gave it a miss!

Its not the only thing you missed.
    The figure you quote was for the adventure park, not "To see an oul house and a garden"

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Its not the only thing you missed.
    The figure you quote was for the adventure park, not "To see an oul house and a garden"

Yes.

Still a Rip Off!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rodder

I repeat..Five euros to walk from one entrance to the indoor play area...free from the other entrance. Only in ireland and now more locally ..westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rodder

Id love to hear a good reason for it !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

rodder wrote: »
    Id love to hear a good reason for it !!

Yes..greed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I suppose they will claim that people say they are going to the play centre to avoid paying the fee to get in.

A bit silly in your case as you were carrying a small child (not a light weight I bet), it was raining and not really the season you go visiting gardens.

Advertisement