Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post office

Options
  • 24-04-2014 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

What's the cheapest way to send stuff abroad from the US? I sent a NY Knicks tshirt to my brother in Australia recently, I posted it from the post office and it ended up costing me $35 (the tshirt only costed $20). One of my friends posted me a package from Australia to New York back a few months ago and it only cost them $6-$7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

International postage in the USA is expensive, no getting around that really.
    USPS (ie the post office) is generally cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

silja wrote: »
    International postage in the USA is expensive, no getting around that really.
    USPS (ie the post office) is generally cheapest.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

If it's something non-breakable, like a t-shirt, send it in as small a padded envelope that you can.......padded envelopes send for much less than boxes.

USPS is still going to be your cheapest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Sometimes flat rate international is cheaper than regular air, as above, you might be able to stuff a shirt into an envelope.

Advertisement