Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Cork

Options
  • 24-04-2014 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a gym in Cork that allows you to pay monthly instead of an up front large payment? Preferably in the city centre. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'd be a fan of NRG. Think you still have to sign up for a year but can pay monthly. Can do shorter memberships too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yup, NRG for me too.

Don't most gyms let you pay monthly? You just have to sign up for 12 months but you still pay monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

most helpful:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Thank you. Happy to help the OP with a recommendation. What exactly was your helpful recommendation?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

most helpful:rolleyes:
    How is Bacchus' post not helpful? Not only have they recommended a centre gym to the OP but they have also allayed their concern about having to make "an up front large payment".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'll third NRG, I've had severe back problems for years, have been a member there since about 2010 and despite not freezing my membership last year when I was unable to train, Eoin the manager gave me loads of time back when I came back a couple of months ago. Very friendly place and wouldn't consider moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 StaceyO

Hi, sorry to bring up an old post!
    I am trying to decide on a gym to join. I'm thinking either NRG, Clarion or leeside but I'm open to other options.
    Somewhere with a fitness assessment would be great (but not essential) and also with a pool. If ye know anything about prices and classes (whether they are included or not) that would also be fab!
    I live in Rochestown for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

StaceyO wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to bring up an old post!
    I am trying to decide on a gym to join. I'm thinking either NRG, Clarion or leeside but I'm open to other options.
    Somewhere with a fitness assessment would be great (but not essential) and also with a pool. If ye know anything about prices and classes (whether they are included or not) that would also be fab!
    I live in Rochestown for reference.

This should help.. Few different types of membership available.

http://bishopstown.leisureworldcork.com/index.cfm/page/prices

Advertisement