Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soaker Hose

• 24-04-2014 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a soaker hose last week in lidl and when I opened the pack it said that I must first connect a normal hose to my tap/water outlet and then connect the soaker hose to the normal hose.

For the life of me I do not understand why it is necessary to connect a normal hose inbetween my tap/water outlet and the soaker hose, why can't the soaker hose be connected directly to the tap?

If anyone can tell me I would be very grateful.

Regards
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

The soaker hose needs to be lying flat on the soil surface (or just beneath it if you prefer). It needs to be level as possible so the water will weep evenly along it's length. If you have a length of it running from the tap down to the ground you will get water weeping along that length on to your ground. It's messy and a waste of water. Get it? So you need a length of solid hose to take the water to your flowerbed for example, before releasing the water to where you want it to go through the soaker hose.

Advertisement