Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone left Australia for Canada?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey

I have been in Oz for the last 4 years and will be a citizen soon enough. Once citizenship has been granted, I am seriously considering travelling to Canada,
    in particular Vancouver. My main driver here is that my folks are getting on a bit and I would like to be that little bit closer to Ireland.

I am working in IT and have a pretty decent job in Oz. The prospects are good.
    Life is also quite relaxed here, good weather and such.

I am just curious if anyone has left Australia under good circumstances to setup life in Canada? What would your recommendations be?.

In particular if anyone is working in IT, what are the job prospects /money like and is it easy enough to obtain sponsorship?. I guess I have a fear of leaving Oz, things going pear shaped in Canada and then having to come back to Oz again.

Appreciate any info, cheers.

Advertisement