Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring and plumbing Check

Options
  • 24-04-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently bought a house in need of refurbishment. Its not to old, about 15-20 years. I was wanting to get the wiring and plumbing checked before I start with the visual refurbishment.

I have no idea what is the going rate for these kind of checks. Can anyone advice. House is a bungalow in South Dublin and about 115m2

Thanks

The_Seal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

well really you would be best getting a plumber and electrician to have a look, the wiring should be okay if its 20 odd years but if you want to make visual inspections you should be looking for things that look like they were added after the build like cables tacked to skirtings or if the fuse board has any additions, different makes on the trip switches is a give away on this. Alterations shouldn't be a problem if they are done right but sometimes they are done as DIY and could be shoddy. The plumbing should be okay too at this stage but the boiler would definitely be worth having checked out by a professional as these do need to be regularly serviced. The house probably doesn't have a carbon monoxide detector which you should get installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The_Seal wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently bought a house in need of refurbishment. Its not to old, about 15-20 years. I was wanting to get the wiring and plumbing checked before I start with the visual refurbishment.

I have no idea what is the going rate for these kind of checks. Can anyone advice. House is a bungalow in South Dublin and about 115m2

Thanks

The_Seal

For the plumbing and boiler check, I'd highly reccomend you try johnniek here on boards .Send him a pm.

Advertisement